Chelsea 2 Nottingham Forest 2

JaneB

Agreed.  Total waste of a Saturday, and to compound it dozed off on the tube and woke up on the wrong leg of the Met line. Mrs BM was picking me up. I’ll not live that down for a while.

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Agreed.  Total waste of a Saturday, and to compound it dozed off on the tube and woke up on the wrong leg of the Met line. Mrs BM was picking me up. I’ll not live that down for a while.

Not quite as bad as me catching the wrong train going South instead of North.🤡 Intended to go to Birmingham but had to go all the way to Watford before I could get off and turn back. Was going to be my first date with a girl I'd met the week before.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

If I didn't know better I'd think Lampard was trying to sabotage the season. 

Finally win a game then swap keepers. Pick a loan player over Mudryk, then bring Ziyech on instead. Pick no centre forward against a team who will clearly play a low block..... Just bizarre all round 

Lampard will be lucky to be managing a team of 10 year olds on Hackney Marshes next. And he’ll probably get them relegated. 

28 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Not quite as bad as me catching the wrong train going South instead of North.🤡 Intended to go to Birmingham but had to go all the way to Watford before I could get off and turn back. Was going to be my first date with a girl I'd met the week before.

Redemption is a solid start to any relationship

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Even if Forest do get relegated they still must win the  “ Ugliest Manager of The Season” award. I couldn’t tell if he was awake or asleep when the camera panned onto him during the game.

I didn't realise his dad is Keith Cooper, the former FL and PL referee. 

Useless bit of information but there you go. 

1 hour ago, chrisb said:

Even if Forest do get relegated they still must win the  “ Ugliest Manager of The Season” award.

I was going to the same during the game but I felt it was inappropriate.

Now I've a had a few - you'r right he makes Quasi Moto look like Donny Osmond.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

"I was going to Birmingham got carried on to Crewe"...nightmare.

Nothing worse than waking with a start to see your destination station sign sliding past the window.......and...ouch...trying to explain one's late arrival home was not due to any post work day "infraction"!!!

Edited by chara
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Except it’s not a first offence: when we were staying with Mrs BM’s parents in my 20s, I woke up in Heathrow. At 02:30. On a siding. Got the milk train back to Acton at 04:30. She didn’t react to gravel thrown at her window, so I had to wake up her old man. Fortunately he saw the funny side of it and never mentioned it again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisb said:

Even if Forest do get relegated they still must win the  “ Ugliest Manager of The Season” award. I couldn’t tell if he was awake or asleep when the camera panned onto him during the game.

3 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Poor guy ☹️

No doubt you are both mistaken for Jose in his prime 😉

15 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Except it’s not a first offence: when we were staying with Mrs BM’s parents in my 20s, I woke up in Heathrow. At 02:30. On a siding. Got the milk train back to Acton at 04:30. She didn’t react to gravel thrown at her window, so I had to wake up her old man. Fortunately he saw the funny side of it and never mentioned it again.

Drifting off a bit but catching a taxi in Izmir...:Where can I get the bus to Tasacu ? " thinking it was a couple of hours or such"..."Tasacu ?..that's three days away."...sigh...we have an 'istory BM!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I’ve had more than quite a few few Kev and even with my beer(and gin and vodka) goggles on he’s no adonis! I’m sure he’s nice bloke but by f*ck he’s not easy on the eye.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

I didn't realise his dad is Keith Cooper.

I wonder is he related to Bradley Cooper?(more like Henry)

Sorry Jane. I have to do something to detract from this Euro contest.🤪

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Poor guy ☹️

No doubt you are both mistaken for Jose in his prime 😉

Jose was a handsome man. After Kerry he was the most the handsome thing at Chelsea according to the wife. Not sure I agree with her point of view (but don’t tell her I said that)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisb said:

Must be a medical condition or smth

34 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I wonder is he related to Bradley Cooper?(more like Henry)

Sorry Jane. I have to do something to detract from this Euro contest.🤪

A thought kev,,to help distract you from the Euro thingy...

"The Good The Bad and The Ugly"...if Coop is The Ugly football wise..who are the candidates for the other two categories?,,,Anyone  (with apologies to the mods but the season is shot and we need smiles!)😘

Edited by chara

3 minutes ago, chara said:

A thought kev,,to help distract you from the Euro thingy...

"The Good Bad and The Ugly"...if Coop is The Ugly football wise..who are the candidates for the other two categories?,,,Anyone  (with apologies to the mods but the season is shot and we need smiles!)

Several candidates  for "the bad" but seeing as Lulu is playing away I would say Ziyech.I don't think he ever breaks sweat.When he lost the ball today he never once tried to recover it.

"The good" is easy Thiago all day long.

• Agree 1

Just now, kev61 said:

Several candidates  for "the bad" but seeing as Lulu is playing away I would say Ziyech.I don't think he ever breaks sweat.When he lost the ball today he never once tried to recover it.

"The good" is easy Thiago all day long.

Ah..Chelsea rather than the game in general..ok....good effort. But The Ugly as in Chelsea?...hmm...a minefield....

1 minute ago, chara said:

Ah..Chelsea rather than the game in general..ok.

Sorry Chara I only realised I got the wrong end of the stick after posting.

I've been distracted by my wife chirping in my ear who she thinks is going to win the euro(I couldn't give a monkey's)

"The game in general" will take a bit of thought.

• Haha 1