Manchester United 4 Chelsea 1

JaneB

3 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

There's a special place in my heart for the fans who made it to OT, watched that 1st half, still stayed for more torture and are audibly chanting for Chels, knowing full well that the likelihood of British Rail getting them home tonight is slim to none. True fans.

So are ManUre’s. They only live round the corner.

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ROTG said:

And in was not even golden 😀

Is he better than CHO?

Not sure what you are trying to say.

CHO is probably the most over rated player we have ever had at the club. I along with one or two others had countless arguments when literally everybody thought he was a superstar.

7 minutes ago, Blue Orca said:

From what I've seen of Colwill, he would be a starter in this side. 

From what I've seen of the Premier League, most CBs in the league would be starters in this side. Bednarek would be an upgrade on Fofana.

Edited by bertles86

2 minutes ago, Blue Orca said:

From what I've seen of Colwill, he would be a starter in this side. Bring him back from BHA Poch. 

You could bring back Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich and would make no difference to this squad. 

3 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

CHO is probably the most over rated player we have ever had at the club. I along with one or two others had countless arguments when literally everybody thought he was a superstar.

Is Madueke an upgrade?

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

You could bring back Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich and would make no difference to this squad. 

Is Madueke an upgrade?

Will find out when we have a manager and these players are actually coached on the training ground.

Reece James is the best right back in the world and has looked worse than Khalid Boulahrouz this season.

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

Will find out when we have a manager and these players are actually coached on the training ground

Maybe the coach will look at both during pre-season before making a decision. 

If he has to play Poo, why not give young Alfie a go to relieve the boredom and give us a contrast?

Just how much influence has the Eggman?

Edited by Blue Moon

4 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Reece James is the best right back in the world and has looked worse than Khalid Boulahrouz this season.

That is down to zero coaching 

Edited by ROTG

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

They are not good enough footballers for this club. Nothing more than that

I can't agree with that. I maintain they wouldn't beat 50% of Championship sides at the moment. And based on the values ascribed to them by the transfer market it isn't possible that is because they are worse players. Rather it comes down to weakness of character. They are all used to playing in very good sides where they could hide when the going got tough. Unfortunately we have created a squad entirely comprised of those players and so when they are required to dig deep they shut up shop and this is the result. Maybe a manager like Pochettino will be able to paper over the cracks in the short term but we are currently seeing what will happen when they revert to type. Rather like Spuds we will become flat track bullys with a soft underbelly.

We are playing Wrexham in pre-season and I'm telling you now if any of the players has the nerve to celebrate any goals we may be lucky enough to score I for one will rip into them. We should be scoring at least 7 goals against a National League team. Anything else and the false dawn will immediately be signalled when we lose heavily to Brighton three days later.

I worry desperately for the future of this club.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Will find out when we have a manager and these players are actually coached on the training ground.

Mate, we had a coach in Tuchel, and the team were on its way down under him (now at Bayern he isn't ripping up trees either), we had a coach in Potter who seemed to do OK at Brighton and yet they continued to gather speed until we find ourselves here at this point under a succession of two interims who didn't have a chance against a squad so huge in size and miniscule in pride that they were simply eclipsed

5 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I can't agree with that. I maintain they wouldn't beat 50% of Championship sides at the moment. And based on the values ascribed to them by the transfer market it isn't possible that is because they are worse players. Rather it comes down to weakness of character. They are all used to playing in very good sides where they could hide when the going got tough. Unfortunately we have created a squad entirely comprised of those players and so when they are required to dig deep they shut up shop and this is the result. Maybe a manager like Pochettino will be able to paper over the cracks in the short term but we are currently seeing what will happen when they revert to type. Rather like Spuds we will become flat track bullys with a soft underbelly.

We are playing Wrexham in pre-season and I'm telling you now if any of the players has the nerve to celebrate any goals we may be lucky enough to score I for one will rip into them. We should be scoring at least 7 goals against a National League team. Anything else and the false dawn will immediately be signalled when we lose heavily to Brighton three days later.

I worry desperately for the future of this club.

I share your worries.

If we get off to a dodgy start next season then I can see us being in serious danger of relegation. 

• Agree 1