Manchester United 4 Chelsea 1

JaneB

8 minutes ago, Box of Tricks said:

We're finishing below West Ham, aren't we.

We’re going to be the lowest London club in the PL… let that sink in and then remember that West Ham and Palace were not too long ago in the relegation fight, one team stuck with their manager and another replaced their manager, both outcomes worked and yet we’ve somehow just continued to be utter garbage.

9 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I'm sick of putting these scores up now.  

Will the humiliation never end?

Best just to forget this season and move on.

I was there the last time we got relegated. Devastated whilst in the stadium at the end, but over it and looking forward to the next season by the time i was on the train home. 

Concerned about our future but can't wait for next season all the same. 

Plenty of good sport before then with The Ashes, Open Golf and Wimbledon.

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We’re going to be the lowest London club in the PL… let that sink in and then remember that West Ham and Palace were not too long ago in the relegation fight, one team stuck with their manager and another replaced their manager, both outcomes worked and yet we’ve somehow just continued to be utter garbage.

And therein lies the answer, the squad cannot compete in this league in its current make up. They did for TT, GP’s way made it worse and Frank doesn’t have the ability as a manager, the time or a brief to get things better. 

I hope Frank has the strength of character to let the owners and the new manager, who the problem people are.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, east lower said:

And therein lies the answer, the squad cannot compete in this league in its current make up. They did for TT, GP’s way made it worse and Frank doesn’t have the ability as a manager, the time or a brief to get things better. 

I hope Frank has the strength of character to let the owners and the new manager, who the problem people are.

I think he will, he loves the club and he has no loyalty to any of the players out there that are currently turning out these performances. I’d love to be a fly on the wall for that chat… find out what’s really been going on.

• Like 1

Well. Pochettino will have learned a lot from that. Really only Enzo, Felix, Madueke, Hall, Kepa emerged with any credit. Also be a total disaster if we lose Mount and end up keeping Havertz and Gallagher. Seriously I’d give Mount what he wants and make him bloody captain. 

We’re lucky we’ve got players like Nkunku, Gusto, Colwill coming in. We desperately need to get the midfield and striker positions sorted. I just hope we’ve still got money to burn as we’re going to have to throw money at players to persuade anyone of quality to come to us on the back of this season.

6 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Well. Pochettino will have learned a lot from that. Really only Enzo, Felix, Madueke, Hall, Kepa emerged with any credit. Also be a total disaster if we lose Mount and end up keeping Havertz and Gallagher. Seriously I’d give Mount what he wants and make him bloody captain. 

We’re lucky we’ve got players like Nkunku, Gusto, Colwill coming in. We desperately need to get the midfield and striker positions sorted. I just hope we’ve still got money to burn as we’re going to have to throw money at players to persuade anyone of quality to come to us on the back of this season.

Colwill seems to be doing everything he can NOT to come back today. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

Just seen the tweet that's caused the online commotion. On top of that Athletic article today lol. At the very least the optics don't look good, at worst he's telling the club he wants to move on. 

I'm really past the point of caring about individual players now, certainly ones that do not want to be here. If that's the case then sell and move on. 

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Ham said:

A Chelsea boy not wanting to play for his club would be a sad and imho  shocking development. These young guys have an opportunity to try and turn this club around and maybe go onto become legends in the mould of JT, Lamps and co. If that's not a big enough incentive then god knows what would be 

I didn't watch the game the season has finished for me.

How further can we sink for gods sake.

We have become a laughing stock like Barnstoneworth united in the excellent series 'ripping yarns' starring Michael Palin.

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Poch has a job on his hands, that's for sure.

If he takes the job?

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

How further can we sink for gods sake.

Newcastle giving us a good shoeing on Sunday 

2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

A Chelsea boy not wanting to play for his club would be a sad and imho  shocking development. These young guys have an opportunity to try and turn this club around and maybe go onto become legends in the mould of JT, Lamps and co. If that's not a big enough incentive then god knows what would be 

Have to consider that players like Colwill were born in the 2000's, Colwill specifically in 2003. He would've been around 11 years old when Lampard left the club as a player, so at best Colwill would've seen the tail end of his career and not much more. There probably isn't' that same affinity for players of Colwills generation to "be a Lampard or JT" because they would've barely seen or remember much of them as players. 

And with football the way it is now, you kinda really have to sell the club and their vision for a player otherwise they're more than happy to move on if it serves them better personally - even if they've grown up through the academy. It's a shame because that loyalty and fighting for the badge is an endearing part of the game fans like to see, particularly during the rough periods where results aren't going your way. 

This is big part why I personally like Gallagher as much as I do, even if he is flawed as player, he actually gives a shit out there and wants to be involved. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ROTG said:

If he takes the job?

Newcastle giving us a good shoeing on Sunday 

You seem to wallow in our demise.I can only conclude that you made a lucky prediction some time ago and are now saying 'I told you so'.

3 hours ago, east lower said:

Spot on. 

Two abysmal transfer windows buying unnecessary players for the so called future along with poor purchase for the current squad, with the final nail being buying players in January to support a nobody coach.  

This is the first time for decades where the new coach need total control of the squad, in order to filter out the dross and remodel the team and give it an identity. 

Of the £600m spent, I doubt more than 3-4 players will ever be first team regulars the rest  are needless losses on the clubs book. 

If there is no change next season, I am sure the likes of Enzo will ask for his celebrity get me out of here clause to be activated. 

3 minutes ago, ROTG said:

This is the first time for decades where the new coach need total control of the squad, in order to filter out the dross and remodel the team and give it an identity. 

It is too much a task for one man imo.Do we not have a think tank of football qualified people that can reach a consensus on the way forward?.

7 minutes ago, kev61 said:

You seem to wallow in our demise.I can only conclude that you made a lucky prediction some time ago and are now saying 'I told you so'.

I am not wallowing in our demise, in fact it the opposite. However it was bloody obvious where the team was heading the day TB decided to take the reins and fire all and sundry without any plan. Then to try and keep his pride he wastes extortionate amount for money trying to protect his project called GP.

Hopefully TB will move into the background and let football persons run the club.  At this moment in time, I would be happy to see someone Kenyon or Emanelo back at the club steering the ship through these turbulent times.