CFCnet 22/23 awards

Just now, thevelourfog said:

Blimey, you'd think with so few goals scored this year I'd have remembered more of them. Testament perhaps to how little appetite I've had for watching any "highlights" this season.

That is exactly what I though too , I literally couldn't remember any of them 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

I'm always of the belief he is lurking here, living silently under a pseudonym. One day he'll break cover, flushed out by one of my critical posts of the xG stat.

Hear Hear!

OK.... I can't pretend any longer.. I have to stand up and shout it!!

I'M DROY

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, chara said:

Me too.......and an award for Jane wouldn't go amiss...(see what I did there?)

Ha ha!!  Thank you Chara but there's only one award.

The only 'award' I want is for everyone to rub along on here and to debate with vigour but civility.  Would make my job so much easier.  

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Blimey, you'd think with so few goals scored this year I'd have remembered more of them. Testament perhaps to how little appetite I've had for watching any "highlights" this season.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

That is exactly what I though too , I literally couldn't remember any of them 

It wasn't a particularly enjoyable experience reliving this season by going back over all the goals, to select a shortlist, although thankfully, with so few goals, it didn't take too long!

47 minutes ago, chara said:

Me too.......and an award for Jane wouldn't go amiss...(see what I did there?)

Agreed, Jane deserves an award for the effort put in to get us all back together... without her, this probably would never have happened!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisb said:

You’d certainly win “Member with the most coats” award! 😂

Nah, it's just the one coat, he keeps leaving it lying around.......it does have many colours though.

Edited by RDCW
  • Haha 1

The annual CFCnet end of season awards voting has concluded, and I am pleased to say that this year's participation exceeded all previous seasons and we had more people voting than ever before. Thank you to everyone who took the time to get involved and cast their votes. As for the team of the season, I have selected a formation based on one we used this season, that allowed me to include as many of the top 11 ranked players as possible.

Without further ado, here are the results:

CFCnet (non-Chelsea) Manager of the Season
1st - Roberto De Zerbi (50% of votes)
2nd - Pep Guardiola (16%)
3rd - Eddie Howe (14%)

CFCnet (non-Chelsea) Player of the Season
1st - Erling Haaland (78%)
2nd - Harry Kane (8%)
= 3rd - Martin Odegaard (5%)
= 3rd - Kevin De Bruyne (5%)

How would you rate our season overall?
1st - Terrible (86%)
2nd - Not good - (11%)
3rd - About what I expected (3%)

How does each manager rank out of 10?
1st - Thomas Tuchel - 5.84/10
2nd - Bruno Saltor - 3.73/10
3rd - Frank Lampard - 2.65/10
4th - Graham Potter - 2.51/10

CFCnet 'Newcomer' of the Season
1st - Enzo Fernandez (51%)
2nd - Lewis Hall (16%)
3rd - Benoit Badiashile (14%)

CFCnet Match of the Season
1st - CHELSEA 2-0 Dortmund (Champions League) (42%)
2nd - CHELSEA 3-0 AC Milan (Champions League) (36%)
3rd - AC Milan 0-2 CHELSEA (Champions League) (11%)

CFCnet Goal of the Season
1st - Gallagher vs Crystal Palace (away in PL) (34%)
= 2nd - Koulibaly vs Tottenham (home in PL) (17%)
= 2nd - James vs AC Milan (away in CL) (17%)
3rd - Shared between 5 other options

CFCnet Player of the Season
1st - Thiago Silva - (76%)
2nd - Enzo Fernandez (11%)
3rd - Kepa Arrizabalaga (8%)

CFCnet Team of the Season
(x.xx) = Average rating out of 10 based on votes
Bench = Next highest player for each position

Arrizabalaga (6.0)

Chalobah (5.76) - Silva (7.78) - Badiashile (6.46)

James (6.14) - Gallagher (5.81) - Enzo (7.24) - Hall (7.00) - Chilwell (6.19)

Felix (6.03) - Madueke (6.03)

Bench: Mendy (3.19), W. Fofana (5.24), Chukwuemeka (5.38), Sterling (4.81)

CFCnet Member of the Season
1st - @My Blood Is Blue (63%)
= 2nd - @JaneB (11%)
=2nd - @chara (11%)
3rd - @Mark Kelly (7%)

• Thanks 3
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Thank you to those that voted for me for member of the season, it's very much appreciated, but as I've said so many times before, I am just pleased I was able to do my bit to make sure we still had a CFCnet to go to and was pleasantly surprised to see just how important this forum was to people and that it wasn't just me!

Many more better contributors than me on this forum and that's what makes it such a great place to come.

Very much deserved 👍👍👍

• Thanks 3
  • Agree 1

Such a poor season that majority of those results speak for themselves really.

Apart from manager of the season …….De Zerbi getting 50% of the votes is a shocker to be honest !

He’s definitely done well for sure, but he is not manager of the season and not even in the top 3 . Very populist and reactionary voting there ! 

• Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Such a poor season that majority of those results speak for themselves really.

Apart from manager of the season …….De Zerbi getting 50% of the votes is a shocker to be honest !

He’s definitely done well for sure, but he is not manager of the season and not even in the top 3 . Very populist and reactionary voting there ! 

What De Zerbi did on Brighton's budget was phenomenal. Not only the finishing place but style of football. 

Newcastle have probably over achieved but only slightly. 

Arteta was incredibly lucky inasmuch as that throughout 90% of the season they were able to put the same starting 11 out.  Their season fell off the minute they got ONE crucial injury.  He would have been screwed with our injury record over the past 2 years. 

I'll always have an asterisk next to Pep's achievements unless he wins the league with anyone other than the richest club in the league or with prime Messi.  

The fact that 50% voted for De Zerbi seems quite apt. 

A bit off to suggest that we've all been reactionary.  

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Ham said:

What De Zerbi did on Brighton's budget was phenomenal. Not only the finishing place but style of football. 

Newcastle have probably over achieved but only slightly. 

Arteta was incredibly lucky inasmuch as that throughout 90% of the season they were able to put the same starting 11 out.  Their season fell off the minute they got ONE crucial injury.  He would have been screwed with our injury record over the past 2 years. 

I'll always have an asterisk next to Pep's achievements unless he wins the league with anyone other than the richest club in the league or with prime Messi.  

The fact that 50% voted for De Zerbi seems quite apt. 

A bit off to suggest that we've all been reactionary.  

De Zerbi has done very well and is a bright manager.

However, he took over a very good team and has clearly taken them onto an improved level.

Eddie Howe room on relegation fodder and has greatly improved a number of players . Joelinton, Almiron, Schar are three examples of players who were pretty much ridiculed. He has not then gone out and spend huge money really and qualified them for the CL. That is not slightly overachieving.  I didn’t actually vote for Howe, but what he has done is a far bigger achievement than De Zerbi’s work to date.

Gary O’Neill has never managed a football club and took over a team who had just received a 9-0 battering and looked certainties for relegation. Yet he has kept them up and with a degree of comfort. I would also say Steve Cooper has achieved much more than De Zerbi this season. Having a squad load of players thrown at him in the space of about 6 weeks and keeping them .

The forum has not just edged it to De Zerbi, he’s gotten 50% of the votes ! 
I’m certainly not against De Zerbi, he is very likeable and has done a very good job. His achievements on not a par with the names I mentioned though, not really can they be with Pep if he is about to clinch a treble. 

That’s before we even get to Arteta , Emery who would also come above De Zerbi for this season and for what those jobs looked like at the start of the season, and what was inherited in Emery’s case. 

10 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Thank you to those that voted for me for member of the season, it's very much appreciated, but as I've said so many times before, I am just pleased I was able to do my bit to make sure we still had a CFCnet to go to and was pleasantly surprised to see just how important this forum was to people and that it wasn't just me!

Many more better contributors than me on this forum and that's what makes it such a great place to come.

Hmm..I could disagree with your modesty but the point is we ALL understand  that without the hard graft YOU put in there would be no Forum as we enjoy it today!.....others contributed mightily but building a car with no one to supply or fit an engine produces a static pretty non functioning shell!

My absolute congratulations, agreement and admiration for your #1 status and Jane's close run, in reality, #2...how two reprobates like me and Mark get to share the list I have no idea!...proof of the true quirkiness of the Forum at times!

Edited by chara
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2