CFCnet 22/23 awards

9 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

You know you’ve had a terrible season when a very poor goalkeeper is viewed as your third best performer 😂

You could argue that Gordon Banks would have been a bit stressed playing behind our team this season. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

You could argue that Gordon Banks would have been a bit stressed playing behind our team this season. 

Spot on...and Kepa is not "a very poor keeper"...as per Sleeping Dave's post...middling average EPL and both keepers today made similar stops to Kepa this season....came back from a terrible loss of form and is still carrying the judgements from then,

Chelsea can do better but not a lot of real options that would be a big change up.

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Defensively we weren't actually bad.  Kepa is far from our most pressing problem. 

I'd keep him and spend the GK money on DM, CM and a number 9, assuming Lukaku isn't coming back. 

If he is, throw all of the money at midfield. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ham said:

I'd spend the GK money on DM, CM and a number 9, assuming Lukaku isn't coming back. 

If he is, throw all of the money at midfield. 

After last night I don't think you'll see them queuing up to take Lukaku off our hands. Didn't start then missed two opportunities you already see Havertz miss week in week out.

On 10/06/2023 at 13:23, Sleeping Dave said:

You know you’ve had a terrible season when a very poor goalkeeper is viewed as your third best performer 😂

It's not a great sign. For the majority of the season though he was on fire, unfortunately for the last 10-15 games the real Kepa came back. An improvement  but no chance he leads us back to glory.  

Only 2 years left on his 7 year contract. There is pretty much no chance of him leaving prior to that given his extortionate wages. 

7 hours ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

It's not a great sign. For the majority of the season though he was on fire, unfortunately for the last 10-15 games the real Kepa came back. An improvement  but no chance he leads us back to glory.  

Only 2 years left on his 7 year contract. There is pretty much no chance of him leaving prior to that given his extortionate wages. 

Yes, for whatever improvement he showed last season he’s still a long way off being a viable first choice keeper for a club like ours (and considering we want to be top four in the country at least). 

He’d be fine for a club placed 11-20 in the PL. 

2 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Yes, for whatever improvement he showed last season he’s still a long way off being a viable first choice keeper for a club like ours (and considering we want to be top four in the country at least). 

He’d be fine for a club placed 11-20 in the PL. 

But what do you think of paying £50m to replace him? With a keeper who's slightly better ? 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

But what do you think of paying £50m to replace him? With a keeper who's slightly better ? 

Given a bit more organisation ,all through the side, and goals , in front of him perhaps his game would not be under pressure every outing. 1-0 1-1 etc becomes a bit "old"

The recent, justified, comments regarding not getting down on the ground ball across him would not have happened if better response to the build up had been offered from other players who were ultimately as culpable but not taken to task.

As comes out in post after post...an upgrade would be a great step but just a bit better is a waste of resources.

OG time..in my years. and imvho Chelsea have had a lot of good keepers and some very very good keepers but only four top top keepers..Bonetti, Eddie N Petr Cech and Courtois....Carlo C an honorable mention but not quite top table.

Find me a potential addition to the FOUR and I'm all for it..otherwise.....

Last thought..anyone any idea about the young kid from over here...anyone watched him?

Edited by chara

10 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I’m thinking we should be able to vastly improve on him at £50m. Kepa is a £25m keeper at best. Most likely below that even. 

£50m is going to get you little in the GK market right now. 

Ramsdale went for around £25m rising to like £30m. 

Brentford want like £40m or so for Raya. There's obviously Onana for a similar sort of figure also. 

40 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

£50m is going to get you little in the GK market right now. 

Ramsdale went for around £25m rising to like £30m. 

Brentford want like £40m or so for Raya. There's obviously Onana for a similar sort of figure also. 

Aside from not needing a new keeper right now I'm also reluctant for us to do any business with Inter, particularly over Lukaku.  

I think I'd rather us either bring him back and put him on the bench or loan him to a rival of Inter just to spite them (and him). 

Again, my position is that I very much dislike Lukaku but would use him as our striker as needs must. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Aside from not needing a new keeper right now I'm also reluctant for us to do any business with Inter, particularly over Lukaku.  

I think I'd rather us either bring him back and put him on the bench or loan him to a rival of Inter just to spite them (and him). 

Swap him with The AC Milan keeper , lol.

Just now, Bob Singleton said:

So that's why you were looking at my profile a few days ago!!! 😉🤣

Honestly the times when im on my mobile and I press the wrong button , I try to press the star and end up on someone's profile , it must happen ten times a day lol. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Honestly the times when im on my mobile and I press the wrong button , I try to press the star and end up on someone's profile , it must happen ten times a day lol. 

Yep, have exactly the same problem!