Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

What mistakes specifically? I think the plan is slowly coming to fruition. 

(Not that I want him anywhere near Chelsea)

Err 

recruitment by a couple of scouts doing a billy bean impersonation. 

• Haha 1

On 16/05/2024 at 20:21, ROTG said:

Hopefully Cucurella so the club can get some money back and he will keep at there current level. 

On current form no, especially not selling him to a rival either. 

8 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

On current form no, especially not selling him to a rival either. 

Cucurella has  found a spark in his game like a lot of the players.

Is it to do with Poch?....too early to say I'm afraid.

Unless there is a disaster next season, this is a top four team at least.

Can't believe how many are falling for Cucurella's little resugrence in form. He is a defensive liability and doesn't have the necessary quality for the role he plays coming inside.

The worst wingers in the league have their way with him, he's easily beaten 1v1 and hardly ever stops crosses coming in from the left.

He only plays because the other LB is a crock. It's by far the weakest position in the back 4 and arguably the squad (only LW is worse because it's a battle between Mudryk and Sterling). 

10 minutes ago, Bison said:

Can't believe how many are falling for Cucurella's little resugrence in form. 

The problem is the whole team has had a "little resurgence in form".

It could be luck - but I will give Poch the benefit of the doubt...with little confidence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Can't believe how many are falling for Cucurella's little resugrence in form. He is a defensive liability and doesn't have the necessary quality for the role he plays coming inside.

The worst wingers in the league have their way with him, he's easily beaten 1v1 and hardly ever stops crosses coming in from the left.

He only plays because the other LB is a crock. It's by far the weakest position in the back 4 and arguably the squad (only LW is worse because it's a battle between Mudryk and Sterling). 

Haven't seen anyone, anywhere, play the role as well as Cucurella. 

What qualities is he lacking for it out of curiosity? Let me guess, he's not good enough on the ball, like Lewis Hall.

People who think they have to be some sort of technical master to play the role really don't understand it. Watch Trent when he does it, great on the ball but his reading of the game, awareness and lack of physical ability means he's playing in midfield or right back, he lacks all the attributes to do both. He's unable to read the game well enough to understand when he needs to drop back into defence and far too often when he does realise its too late and he doesn't have the speed or energy or work rate to get back.

Cucurella is everywhere,  it's like having two of him on the pitch at the same time. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Bison said:

Never let a good story get in the way of your Chilly hatred narrative 🤣🤣🤣🫡

2 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Never let a good story get in the way of your Chilly hatred narrative 🤣🤣🤣🫡

Can't stop, won't stop. 🫡

• Haha 1

As I mentioned previously , I don't think you'll find many Chelsea supporters who aren't Fifa stat whores/ Twitterclowns  who want to see Gallagher sold but if the boy won't sign his new deal , what exactly are we supposed to do ?  We need to be balancing the books and Gallagher is a saleable asset that we won't want to see go for nothing. 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

As I mentioned previously , I don't think you'll find many Chelsea supporters who aren't Fifa stat whores/ Twitterclowns  who want to see Gallagher sold but if the boy won't sign his new deal , what exactly are we supposed to do ?  We need to be balancing the books and Gallagher is a saleable asset that we won't want to see go for nothing. 

True but there could be different reasons not signing a deal, using extreme examples here- if he is being offered £20k a week then he has every right not to sign, is he is being offered £200k a week but wants £350k then probably best to cash in

I'm guessing we will never know the details of the contracts, I just hope he is being offered an honest deal that reflects his worth to us as fans, and the team. If that is the case and he doesn't want to sign, then fair enough on the club for cashing in this summer

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

True but there could be different reasons not signing a deal, using extreme examples here- if he is being offered £20k a week then he has every right not to sign, is he is being offered £200k a week but wants £350k then probably best to cash in

I'm guessing we will never know the details of the contracts, I just hope he is being offered an honest deal that reflects his worth to us as fans, and the team. If that is the case and he doesn't want to sign, then fair enough on the club for cashing in this summer

Rumours floating around are that he wants parity with Caicedo and Fernandez - Again, nothing known, but rumoured at around the £180k per week level.

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Interesting to consider:

In response to the GdS tweets, what doesn't really add up is that Gallagher has played all season. It's not like he has only just started playing over expensive signings, he has played over expensive signings all season.

And Chalobah is there on merit. Was injured at the start, but has been excellent since being given his chance. 

55 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

In response to the GdS tweets, what doesn't really add up is that Gallagher has played all season. It's not like he has only just started playing over expensive signings, he has played over expensive signings all season.

And Chalobah is there on merit. Was injured at the start, but has been excellent since being given his chance. 

Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Lavia was fit this season. He cost 53m. 

Disasi is nowhere to be seen now that Chalobah is fit. Somebody thought spending 45m on him had to be done. (I think Disasi is decent but Chalobah is more versatile.)

You would expect Poch rates Chalobah and Gallagher more than two players who cost the club 100m.

All the briefings make sense if you think of it that way. Some people are fighting for their jobs. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, east lower said:

Rumours floating around are that he wants parity with Caicedo and Fernandez - Again, nothing known, but rumoured at around the £180k per week level.

I think if that is what he's asking for, then that's fair enough and the club should agree to that asap.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Imo, Chalobah had been decent but nothing more than that. Yesterday I thought he had a terrible game.

Our defence is obviously the big week point in the team and Chalobah isn't the level we need to improve the defence to where it needs to be. He'll be fine as a squad player but not a starter on a regular basis.

4 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Imo, Chalobah had been decent but nothing more than that. Yesterday I thought he had a terrible game.

Our defence is obviously the big week point in the team and Chalobah isn't the level we need to improve the defence to where it needs to be. He'll be fine as a squad player but not a starter on a regular basis.

He's not a right back, that's for sure. 

But how good he is, or isn't, is not the point I was making. It was about whether he is being picked over certain others because Poch is trying to prove a point, or not. 

Personally, I think he is picking the team that he thinks is the best available to him

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

There are plenty of players below Trevor’s level who the not dynamic duo paid a kings a ransom for.