Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

2 hours ago, Bison said:

I think it's pretty clear Poch would. He's more mobile and covers more positions at a better level. Chalobah is clearly better at RB than Disasi for instance.

The person who paid 45m for Disasi however needs Chalobah gone. Self interest above squad building. 

Having written my earlier post - i do think Disasi deserves a second season, no? The chopping and changing of CDs hasnt helped anyone settle and as someone posted, i thought him and Colwill played well as a partnership (if only for one match)

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

We have the fourth most points since Boxing day 2023, so its a statistical fact that we've been the fourth best team of 2024.

I just don’t get it, brotato chip. Are you Poch’s best mate or something? I love your posts but - no disrespect, I’m only playing with you - you sound like a North Korean propaganda official. 🩶🩷

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Having written my earlier post - i do think Disasi deserves a second season, no?

Unfortunately he was one of Stewart’s lazy buys therefore her is here until such times the player or Stewart are an embarrassment to the club. 

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Having written my earlier post - i do think Disasi deserves a second season, no? The chopping and changing of CDs hasnt helped anyone settle and as someone posted, i thought him and Colwill played well as a partnership (if only for one match)

That one match against City away? No surprise it came in a game where we were defending deep in numbers and playing on the counter. 

Disasi's issue mainly stems from being a bit slow and hesitant defending wide spaces. Couple of games and goals spring to mind. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Surely the squad builders will say they got it right and Pochettino only achieved what he did because they bought well? 

After all didn't they say he never wanted Palmer? 

No the squad builders said it was a +70pts team hence the overlords reference to CL

3 minutes ago, Bison said:

That one match against City away? No surprise it came in a game where we were defending deep in numbers and playing on the counter. 

Disasi's issue mainly stems from being a bit slow and hesitant defending wide spaces. Couple of games and goals spring to mind. 

Who brought disasi 

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

Who brought disasi 

Presumably Laurence Stewart, the former Monaco director when Disasi was also at the club. 

Do we think it's a coincidence that following Stewart's departure Monaco have returned to the Champions League? 

25 minutes ago, ROTG said:

No the squad builders said it was a +70pts team hence the overlords reference to CL

It would have been had half the team not been injured all season. 

56 minutes ago, Ham said:

It would have been had half the team not been injured all season. 

The league doesn’t lie, also unlike most of the teams above and below,  Chelsea didn’t play in a European competition. 

5 minutes ago, ROTG said:

The league doesn’t lie, also unlike most of the teams above and below,  Chelsea didn’t play in a European competition. 

Yeah but if Arsenal or Liverpool had half their side out for an entire season they wouldn't have been second and third would they? 

I'm no fan of Pochettino but you're so blinkered it's unreal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yeah but if Arsenal or Liverpool had half their side out for an entire season they wouldn't have been second and third would they? 

I'm no fan of Pochettino but you're so blinkered it's unreal. 

Name the games changer the teamed missed?

15 minutes ago, ROTG said:

6th is a fair position for us this season. Could have been a bit better and could have been a bit worse.

But it's not really that important in the scheme of things whether we finished a few places higher or lower because deepdown everyone knows this is not a team for the season that has just ended or even next season. Two seasons from now we'll have a squad full of players with many of their peak years to come but already with years of experience behind them.  We'll get better and better and won't need to be splashing out in the transfer windows, just a player or two here and there as we go along.

We can easily draw clear of the likes of Villa, Spurs, Newcastle and Utd by the end of the 25/26 season. 

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Reece James, Ben Chilwell, Nkunku all out almost all season. 

Are not two of those three players part the team you said downed tools downed tools last season. 

19 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

6th is a fair position for us this season. Could have been a bit better and could have been a bit worse.

But it's not really that important in the scheme of things whether we finished a few places higher or lower because deepdown everyone knows this is not a team for the season that has just ended or even next season. Two seasons from now we'll have a squad full of players with many of their peak years to come but already with years of experience behind them.  We'll get better and better and won't need to be splashing out in the transfer windows, just a player or two here and there as we go along.

We can easily draw clear of the likes of Villa, Spurs, Newcastle and Utd by the end of the 25/26 season. 

Reality check. 
if their any superstars in the team. They will not hang around after next season if the club does not qualify for the CL.

Example if CP is the real deal, how long do you think he will accept £80k per week?

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Obvious troll was obvious 

No trolling just the usual of knocking your strawman out of the ground. 

Over. 

9 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Reality check. 
if their any superstars in the team. They will not hang around after next season if the club does not qualify for the CL.

Example if CP is the real deal, how long do you think he will accept £80k per week?

Are you forgetting the club has the players are on long contracts?

As for Palmer. He should be given a bumper payrise this summer. Simple as!

45 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Name the games changer the teamed missed?

How many times do people have to explain to you that it's not just about who was missing but the fact that half the squad had to play far too many minutes with no respite.

44 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Reece James, Ben Chilwell, Nkunku all out almost all season. 

Lavia. Could well have had the most significant impact on a very defensively wobbly team of any of our absentees.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

They want a coach who completely buys in to their vision without question and just does whatever they’re told to do, hence the interest in Kieran McKenna, because he’s a young coach who they can just push around. Smart businessmen no doubt, but as if they enjoy shooting themselves in the foot. 

Edited by Floyd25

9 hours ago, Ham said:

How many times do people have to explain to you that it's not just about who was missing but the fact that half the squad had to play far too many minutes with no respite.

Only 6 Chelsea players played more than 2000 minutes in the PL, Whereas for example Chitty had 10 players 

not sure how that bodes for next season with midweek games 

7 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

They want a coach who completely buys in to their vision without question and just does whatever they’re told to do, hence the interest in Kieran McKenna, because he’s a young coach who they can just push around. Smart businessmen no doubt, but as if they enjoy shooting themselves in the foot. 

and then after a season McKenna will ask for his type of players and the shite begins again.....