Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

17 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

We are not the fourth best team in the league. We are a long, long way from that. The last few performances have been better but that’s about it. IMO. 

5 points.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Talksports Adrian Durham has tipped Chelsea to win the title next season.

Imo we are clear favourites to finish fourth, but there's no chance we can go from where we are to a 90 + point team in one season. To win the title any time soon we are going to need Pep to leave City and Arsenal start picking up more injuries and getting the kind of bad ref/VAR decisions we've been on the recieving end of.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Seen some reports that Poch would consider quitting if he isn’t given more control over transfers this summer, while other reports that the club are considering whether to sack Poch or not.

God knows what is and isn’t true, but no smoke without fire and it feels like something isn’t right with the relationship between Poch and the owners. It’s not a great look either way.

Based on how the season ended and where we’ve finished, I think we’d be stupid to sack him now, added to that the fact that we wouldn’t have many decent options to replace him either. This is coming from someone who was all for sacking him not too long ago as well.

For all his faults it's pretty much how I feel too , the fear of the unknown , I thought what the club posted about the season and where they want to go was quite uplifting to be honest , they have made some bad errors of judgement but they have also signed some very good players so I don't think the pitchforks should be out for the Gruesome twosome just yet.

Pochettino doesn't strike me as a very forceful personality although he has been fairly bullish in the media towards the end of the season where he did start to look like he was onto something as opposed to the nonsense earlier on in the season .

Would we benefit with more of a coaching type coach like De Zerbi or are we better off with Captain Chaos?

It's a difficult one . 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

De zerbi IMO is overrated and would send the squad in a backwards trajectory. There is absolutely nothing on his CV says he’s a coach to take a team to the next level.

Bournemouth and Palace coaches are the ones to watch next season  

Edited by ROTG
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, ROTG said:

And no European midweek games to worry about 

It's the EPL games which physically take the toll on the players. They are so much faster and more intense than the vast majority of European games.  A lot easier to pace a team through Euro competetions against a lot of quite moderate level opposition as well. In the EPL, even the very best  teams can struggle in games against the weaker teams if they are not fully at it 

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I definitely wouldn’t be going for De Zerbi and him being available really worries me. I just don’t buy into the hype around him at all.

Agree!

I think McKenna could go on to be the next great manager, but we know we simply won't give him time to develop the team or himself, so he'd be mad to even think of coming here.

Just ridiculous  for TB to even be having to think about whether or not to keep Poch next season.  The improvement is there in the points and league position.  6th is either good enough or it isn't, so why the delay? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ROTG said:

De zerbi IMO is overrated and would send the squad in a backwards trajectory. There is absolutely nothing on his CV says he’s a coach to take a team to the next level.

So too the Spurs and Villa coaches. I can see both being sacked at the end of next season.

1 minute ago, boratsbrother said:

So too the Spurs and Villa coaches. I can see both being sacked at the end of next season.

Dick Emery will not be sacked, his CV is laden with trophies. That’s his job to bring a bit of silverware to Villa 

22 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Bournemouth and Palace ?

They can't be any good , they're mid table coaches for mid table teams and all their players are automatically rubbish because of it.

15 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Dick Emery will not be sacked, his CV is laden with trophies. That’s his job to bring a bit of silverware to Villa 

Winning a Cup at a top club like Arsenal is a very much easier task than winning one at Villa.  They won't get near to the winning the League or CL so that leaves them with the domestic cups and they were shite in both this season.

I think they'll end up with no trophy and outside the top 6 resulting in him leaving Villa.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Bournemouth and Palace ?

They can't be any good , they're mid table coaches for mid table teams and all their players are automatically rubbish because of it.

Well that’s the clubs level now. Bring in someone who hopefully will win a trophy and getting the team into Europe as a bonus or vice versa 

Edited by ROTG

45 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

'Big Ange' will be gone at some stage next season, he's already been out saying some less than positive things about the club and its fans (he is spot on though) and unless he changes is approach, the results are only going to go one way next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

'Big Ange' will be gone at some stage next season, he's already been out saying some less than positive things about the club and its fans (he is spot on though) and unless he changes is approach, the results are only going to go one way next season.

I was very surprised at what he said and even more so that he wasn’t chucked out for it.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Put in context the actual quality of the team.

Not sure what you mean. We finished 5 points off 4th. That's not much to make up.

And our team and squad is better than Villa's IMO, but we had a terrible start and ridiculous injuries. 

Edited by paulw66

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Not sure what you mean. We finished 5 points off 4th. That's not much to make up.

And our team and squad is better than Villa's IMO, but we had a terrible start and ridiculous injuries. 

Totally disagree about Villa. We did finish 5 points behind but for me we’re way off in terms of quality - it’ll take much more than a little burst of form at the end to get to top four imo 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

To play devil's advocate - it's also quite frustrating that there were a handful of easily winnable games where we shit the bed against low level opposition and lost points from a strong position, games in which Poch's selections and subs didn't cover himself in glory. So arguably we could and should have achieved 4th place had just 2 of those been wins.

I am on the side of keeping Poch as there really aren't any other great options out there - Bayern are apparently considering Kompany. Some continuity for the squad would be good, let him have another shot with less injuries hopefully

• Agree 2

51 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Totally disagree about Villa. We did finish 5 points behind but for me we’re way off in terms of quality - it’ll take much more than a little burst of form at the end to get to top four imo 

Look at the whole of the second half of the season. 

I’m really split with the Poch thing. On the one hand 6th is not really good enough considering our outlay. But on the other hand I’m wondering if he has stumbled onto something with squad selection and maybe the run of form can continue into next season. Then on the other hand , if we get thumped first game Im going to be pulling my hair  out.  Of course on the other hand , if a top coach was available ( and we do have some great players to work with)  what wonders might he achieve with some added discipline. On the other hand we don’t want to get rid of Poch and bring in a muppet. 
A crystal ball would be handy! 

• Like 1