Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

Just now, martin1905 said:

Can't be any worse.

Don't let the last few games fool you, we've been abysmal for most of the season and even in our good run only produced a handful of really good performances. 

I agree, Martin. Honestly I do BUT there were some real signs of improvement. I was borderline but I would have given Poch his last season. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

We’re back to square one then and by the sounds of it, we’re back to another Graham Potter type coach, fantastic. I wouldn’t mind so much if we were being linked to top names, but ripping everything up and starting again with a in inexperienced coach is not good news. 

McKenna would be off his trolly to give these clowns the time of day. 

• Agree 2

Have been raging over some of Poch's decisions and man management this season but this smacks of a manager daring to challenge the egos of those two cretins from the good old USofA. He should have been given at least until Christmas with an injury free squad and possibly with some of his new signings.

Let's not forget that statement he made not so long ago, very much sounded like a man that wanted out.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him at Bayern or united very soon.

Should probably wait until we see what happens in terms of replacing him and if he walks into another job before blaming the board.

Madness.

The decision clearly made some time ago, but the fact he's shown he has made progress with these players should have been enough to give him next season.

I guess the owners will be demanding CL qualification as a minimum next season.

Please DO NOT be De Zerbi.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

Let's not forget that statement he made not so long ago, very much sounded like a man that wanted out.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him at Bayern or united very soon.

Should probably wait until we see what happens in terms of replacing him and if he walks into another job before blaming the board.

Yeah, this is actually a very good point.

Posted (edited)

Blimey. Welcome to the Chelsea FC soap opera season finale.

I assume that Pochettino hasn’t liked working with some members of the Board and the feeling is mutual. It’s all about personalities, isn’t it? Would be interested to know what the footballing criteria are for this decision.

Just when you think a period of stability might be a good thing, we choose to throw everything up in the air and start over.

I know I shouldn’t be surprised by the way this club is run, but I am really surprised. 

Edited by Original 21
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

We've had a glimpse of just how good we can be and with a proper manager we will do far better next season.

Look at the names we’re being linked with. 

• Angry 1

8 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Careful what you wish for bro. It’s going to be some wanker like De Zerbi or another Potter-level cretin🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Looks like it sadly. Ah well I will continue to dream until it becomes official. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I can only assume that Pochettino hasn’t liked working with some members of the Board and the feeling is mutual. It’s all about personalities, isn’t it? 

Poch had dinner with TB during the last week and gave the impression that things went well between them. Poch  also gave the impression that he wanted to stay next season.

For me, this is the most shocking and surprising  sacking since Rudd, but potentially a much more damaging one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Floyd25 said:

Not seen and won't bother looking.

People are entitled to believe whatever they want, I was told after the Liverpool game he was gone, regardless of how the season ended and I said at the time it came from the most reliable man I know, far more reliable than any media source.

He messaged me about 5 minutes ago saying ' I told you ', I asked who's coming and he said ' why do you think Tommy turned down staying at Bayern?' 

That's good enough for me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1

This club will never learn. I just want a bloody manager to stay and build something.

But we’ve essentially replaced a Russian owner who sacks everyone to US ones. Yay.

• Like 1

The thing that worries me most about this is Pochettino is a difficult person to fall out with. I can understand the divisions with someone like Tuchel, but if they can't work with Poch then I struggle to see who they can work with.

Are we just going to look for someone who is a world class young 20/30something year-old who has no backbone and will do only as he's told? Because that manager does not exist.

Concerning.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

Not seen and won't bother looking.

People are entitled to believe whatever they want, I was told after the Liverpool game he was gone, regardless of how the season ended and I said at the time it came from the most reliable man I know, far more reliable than any media source.

He messaged me about 5 minutes ago saying ' I told you ', I asked who's coming and he said ' why do you think Tommy turned down staying at Bayern?' 

That's good enough for me.

👀

Just now, BMox81 said:

This club will never learn. I just want a bloody manager to stay and build something.

But we’ve essentially replaced a Russian owner who sacks everyone to US ones. Yay.

I thought the short-term thinking was a thing of the past. Clearly it’s not, and we’re miles off winning the league too. 🧨👀🤡🌍

6 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

There’ll be very few people who know who’s lined up. Least of all the gobsh***s that are speculating currently.

1 minute ago, east lower said:

Only 7 months too late. 

He’s been auditioning for the last month, on the back of a a few wins. Should have elbowed him when his stock was at the lowest.

I don’t know man. I was VERY borderline but I thought Poch deserved year two. It’s Winstanley and Lawrence who need to go imo.