Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I asked who's coming and he said ' why do you think Tommy turned down staying at Bayern?' 

That's good enough for me.

That’s a pretty wild u turn from the owners if that’s the case, basically going back to Tuchel with their tails tucked between their legs. 

Edited by Floyd25

1 minute ago, Ham said:

No way in this world is Tuchel  coming back. 

Bridges burnt. 

Errrr...this is Chelsea FC we are talking about here. A place where nothing is too unexpected, ridiculous or downright mad.

Sense of inevitably about this from an organisational POV, leaving aside the football. An active decision has to be made with a coach/manager having one year left. You have sign them up for longer, or they leave. No club or coach/manager is going to agree to just leave things as they are.

Not sure what to make of it from a football POV. We were dreadful for months, but I think we would have been under pretty much any coach. Lots of the coaches bring linked would be disastrous imo, but this is what these owners are going to do at least every year, so ... what does it matter?

24 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

We’re back to square one then and by the sounds of it, we’re back to another Graham Potter type coach, fantastic. I wouldn’t mind so much if we were being linked to top names, but ripping everything up and starting again with an inexperienced coach is not good news. 

I think I’m with you. I think Poch just about deserved a second season based solely on last half dozen games. Even as I write that it sounds a bit mental but I think the players were still with him ( very important) and the tactics and formation had kind of clicked. I think he wanted to go tbh. He got stick from the crowd and was unhappy at the general vibe. 
….it may well have been mutual

• Like 2

I’m quite conflicted by this news. I haven’t been a Poch fan for a lot of this season, but it did look like we had turned a corner and found some form and the fact that he’s got us 6th, feels like it should be enough for him to continue. I won’t miss him, but I think it’s a bad decisions.

Although, it could be that he genuinely just wanted out and maybe has another option elsewhere that he’s going to take.

De Zerbi also stepping down makes me fear he’s going to be next in, which I really do not think is the right decision.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I don’t know man. I was VERY borderline but I thought Poch deserved year two. It’s Winstanley and Lawrence who need to go imo. 

You can’t polish a 💩. Never accept second best and that’s what he was, is and will always be. 

Accept failure, be a failure. 

Harsh maybe, but it’s a huge investment these people have made and they tend to be ruthless.

Now I don’t trust the gruesome twosome much, but put yourself in their position and you see the purchases you make underperforming for the majority of the season and when there’s not much choice, it starts to work a bit. The young man you bought, who the coach reportedly wasn’t so keen on, is a revelation and PL YPOTS - why would you trust him with decisions. Not only would he get the sack, he’d get you the sack too.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

So apparently we’re looking for a young coach who’s likely never managed in the Premier League and expecting to qualify for the Champions League. 

Sounds like a good plan. 

Just listened to that idiot on Sky Sports saying this and that we haven't made contact with anyone.

He literally said we want a young coach and a reason for the change was some members of the board watched the champions league semi finals, realised thats where we belong and got impatient with Poch.

So after watching the champions league semis they made their decision to bring in a young, inexperienced manager? Right oh.

Everyone else is literally just copying what he said half hour ago.

Edited by martin1905
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I’m quite conflicted by this news. I haven’t been a Poch fan for a lot of this season, but it did look like we had turned a corner and found some form and the fact that he’s got us 6th, feels like it should be enough for him to continue. I won’t miss him, but I think it’s a bad decisions.

Although, it could be that he genuinely just wanted out and maybe has another option elsewhere that he’s going to take.

De Zerbi also stepping down makes me fear he’s going to be next in, which I really do not think is the right decision.

I've flip flopped on Poch all season, always mindful of the impossible injury list, but it's just possible that the players began to form partnerships despite Poch. 

He's gone so I'm looking forward to seeing what someone else can do with this group.  Most of the players have now proven that they're capable at the top level. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

Just listened to that idiot on Sky Sports saying this and that we haven't made contact with anyone.

He literally said we want a young coach and a reason for the change was some members of the board watched the champions league semi finals, realised thats where we belong and got impatient with Poch.

So bring in a young, inexperienced manager? Right oh.

Everyone else is literally just copying what he said half hour ago.

Sounds like Amorim.

It also sounds like nobody has a clue what the club are going to do.

• Agree 1