Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

I think that fundementally Pochettino will have always been Spurs. He would never bleed blue and stand up for the club against the world. Yes it sounds bonkers but if we're just going to go back to a Potter Mk2 clone which has been shown not to work then I fear we will just take several steps backwards again. This talk of a "young progressive manager" just sounds another definition of a yes man who doesn't make any demands on squad makeup.

More frustration over the horizon next season.

So the twat on Sky Sports is now pretending to get messages on his phone live on TV

Apparently people around the club are telling him the sort of manager the club wants.

How did the fool not know this was happening?

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

And exactly what has he done to deserve to be in the picture?

Took over a relegated club and completely changed their football to win the Championship easily within one season. Following the relative success of Dyche after a decade is no small achievement. 
He’s a leader, a good communicator, respected by young modern players as falls within their generation, so he understands modern players. 
He couldn’t keep them up, probably due to them starting so bad and they were naive with his philosophy at this level. Partly cos he didn’t have the players required to implement it at this level. They got better as the season went on.

I wanted stability with Poch just like you did. I wouldn’t sleep on Kompany though. He is going to have a good managerial career and bigger things to come for him. 

Edited by Thiago97

Everything that is coming about this young, progressive manager is coming from the same twat. 

On the one hand he claims we won't go back to Tuchel but claims we want another Potter.

He's now saying he knew yesterday but they didn't want to announce it as it was too close to the end of the season and possibly be seen as knee -jerk. So a whole 24 hours later and it's time to announce.

Laughable.

• Agree 1

Just now, NoblyBobly said:

Has he done his badges ? Has he coached ? Must have been out of the loop with him. 

Doing his badges I believe. He is part owner of Como who have just been promoted to Serie A. He managed some games for them I believe, but couldn’t carry on as he didn’t have the badges required in Italy 

3 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Well I did get hot and bothered when beaten 5-0 by Arsenal and losing to 10 man Burnley amongst other shocking results. But good for you if you took it in your stride. It was such a mixed bag this season I don’t think anyone can be blamed for getting upset. Was it the players, was it the coach , was it bad luck and injuries. Probably bit of  all 3 . But what seems odd is the timing of this sacking after an excellent end to the season. 

Interesting you didn't mention the circus show singings, one where we bought every midfield talent going but left us with one unproven striker and a lad who every knows ain't good enough and a signing who was long term injured after a self indulgent yank tour.

Getting a semblance of order amidst the the mad imbalance, chaos and mockery ....hobnailed by injuries; was blindingly would be inconsistent and take time. But it was happening.

Now, we have removed a major facetime of the club that was coming good....and us lot collectively trust the clowns at the top to get this right?

They ain't done one thing right. Arrogant clowns, used to throwing around other folks money and we are finding out first hand with the impact on Chelsea.

Can't wait for ST price news, Conor being flogged after four too many 20 year olds being signed for big money and the incoming manager hire from these done nothing stains.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Cesc Fabregas??

I know, I know but why not??

Well, he was pictured at Cobham very recently!!

And Belle Silva had it absolutely spot on too.

Edited by east lower

I actually think he was pissed off at the match day  crowd. He grew detached. At one point the chants  of Mourinho, then players like Sterling getting booed. I think it stewed inside him badly. When he walked straight down the tunnel at the end of last game , one of my eyebrows was definitely raised. I also notice in his statement that no mention was given to the fans. I think it’s more him than the owners. 

5 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Took over a relegated club and completely changed their football to win the Championship easily within one season. Following the relative success of Dyche after a decade is no small achievement. 
He’s a leader, a good communicator, respected by young modern players as falls within their generation, so he understands modern players. 
He couldn’t keep them up, probably due to them starting so bad and they were naive with his philosophy at this level. Partly cos he didn’t have the players required to implement it at this level. They got better as the season went on.

I wanted stability with Poch just like you did. I wouldn’t sleep on Kompany though. He is going to have a good managerial career and bigger things to come for him. 

Oh wow, you are being serious. Dear lord.

Spent a shed load of money in two summer windows, couldn't change the teams tactical approach, ditched a load of lads who got them up and struts around like a celebrity.

Tbf sounds right up the yank morons street.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Original 21 said:

At least I’d heard of Graham Potter…

IMG_8792.jpeg

I'd not listen to any of them.

They have no idea.

Not one of them said he would leave. Not one. Now they all suddenly know who we want an hour after Pochettino has left.

The only man who has consistently said he could go is the Bayern fella. The same fella that has consistently said Tuchel would be open to coming back, whilst everyone else says he won't. 

Got to wonder why he turned down the chance to stay at Bayern. Does anyone really think he hasn't got something lined up?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Well I did get hot and bothered when beaten 5-0 by Arsenal and losing to 10 man Burnley amongst other shocking results. But good for you if you took it in your stride. It was such a mixed bag this season I don’t think anyone can be blamed for getting upset. Was it the players, was it the coach , was it bad luck and injuries. Probably bit of  all 3 . But what seems odd is the timing of this sacking after an excellent end to the season. 

Everyone was bothered with it-including myself but it’s football. Won’t be the last time we get handed a defeat like that either.

But we moved on and had a great end to the season, something to build on. But once again we have to start again. It’s just rubbish.

We’ve been saying for years now that we have to be better than this. But we aren’t. And we probably won’t ever be. So sad.

2 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

They have no idea.

Not one of them said he would leave. Not one. Now they all suddenly know who we want an hour after Pochettino has left.

The only man who has consistently said he could go is the Bayern fella. The same fella that has consistently said Tuchel would be open to coming back, whilst everyone else says he won't. 

Got to wonder why he turned down the chance to stay at Bayern. Does anyone really think he hasn't got something lined up?

The Tuchel back to Chelsea rumour has been the only one strongly put out there in the last couple of weeks from what I’ve seen.

8 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Doing his badges I believe. He is part owner of Como who have just been promoted to Serie A. He managed some games for them I believe, but couldn’t carry on as he didn’t have the badges required in Italy 

Yes that’s what I based my suggestion on. Not just putting his name in there for the sake of it 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

They have no idea.

I suppose taking your mates kids into the dressing room during Tuchel's half time team talk may well have left a lasting impression as to the grand scale of arrogant incompetence he would face again if he did return.