Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

11 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

It's not the club briefing it, its that twat on sky sports news, honestly I've watched every minute since they broke the story, which they were late doing and its been comical.

He was pretending to have live texts from 'people in the club telling him what type of manager they want'

He claimed the board ran out of patience whilst watchig the champions league semi finals. It was at that moment,  he claims, they realised it would take to long under Poch. 

The best bit for me though, maybe not quite as good as the pretned messages, was when he said it was decided yesterday but they didn't want to make a knee jerk decision so slept on it. They all woke up this morning still feeling the same so decided to announce it.

Every single twitter ITK is bouncing off absolute bull shit being peddled by this cretin.

It's laughable.

Kaveh Solhekol Is a 100% buffoon 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Bones said:

Eeeeeemmmmmm

What a baffling decision

Players clearly showed they want to play for this manager

Agree. And I have been very critical to Poch up until things seemed to work better. I was ready to give him and the team another season. 

De Zerbi? No BIG thank you.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Well ..just finished going through all the posts today,,,was out all morning and only took a  cursory look at the Forum.

Opened to see Sam's headlinr banner and was quietly gobsmacked...same WTF reaction when I read FSW was coming in.

As far as I can read between some very blurred lines this was not a spur of the moment event.

If truly by mutual consent it obviously has been done and dusted for a while with a newcomer lined up for a while;;hope it's not Zebedee from Brighton. For all my anti The Poch stand I had softened on the short term but better to stick with The Poch than another Brighton media stardust sprinkled next Great Hope.

I can't believe I typed that about The Poch.🤯

Plus factor..maybe clutching at straws but assuming (!) a new arrival lined up it is with plenty of time before the start of a new season.... If the deed was going to be done just as well now than waiting until Christmas,,as some mentioned..in give him more time etc.

I watch this space and the one at SB with interest ,trepidation and revolving feelings of optimism/pessimism, 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Bison said:

This is what the jokers are currently briefing because several journos are reporting the same almost verbatim:

If you give a manager players like Mudryk who turn the ball over every other minute and Cucurella who can't defend, how will you ever reach this utopia? 

They forgot must have really big tits (sorry Jane)

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Imagine the scenes if we unveiled Klopp as the new manager! The press would have to make the biggest sharpest u-turn about how they feel about the man and ‘all his successes’. 

Gurning drug pusher washout gets Chelsea job.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JaneB said:

What's the difference between by mutual consent and getting sacked?

Hopefully a pot load of compensation but not holding my breath.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JaneB said:

What's the difference between by mutual consent and getting sacked?

My guess is that Poch asked for an extension of his contract and a say in transfer comings and goings and when he was told no way, both sides decided to call it a day. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Imagine the scenes if we unveiled Klopp as the new manager! The press would have to make the biggest sharpest u-turn about how they feel about the man and ‘all his successes’. 

Sam..at one level that would be such a marvelous after math to enjoy ! So much egg on faces and walking back !

Added,,the more I think about it the better it becomes...Liverpool would become a City of Tears and The Great Betrayal,,,we could live off it for years.

Just a fantasy I fear but imagine.

Edited by chara
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I was just thinking while catching up on this thread, will they try and flog Gallagher and Trev before the next manager comes in

Shirley we are not going to sell Gallagher whilst he is in the Euros?! Actually, I would not be surprised if they did

Strange thing is that Pochettino’s account of his dinner with Boehly last Friday night seemed to suggest that everything was fine and that he wasn’t expecting to be sacked. So all of this has unfolded since Monday?

Just now, Original 21 said:

Strange thing is that Pochettino’s account of his dinner with Boehly last Friday night seemed to suggest that everything was fine and that he wasn’t expecting to be sacked. So all of this has unfolded since Monday?

I think the dinner was with Boehly and not the others. From what I read, Boehly is no longer at the wheel (sorry Solksjaer if you are reading this - just had to write that. Hope you are doing well by the way)

• Haha 1

I think we have to look at Stewart and Winstanley through a Clearlake filter .

They got rid of all the dead wood 

They bought Caicedo , Palmer, Jackson  and many more decent players than rubbish ones 

The did it whilst cutting the wages bill 

They have got us to the cusp of the Champions league within two seasons 

If you're Clearlake you probably love them .

Clearlake see this as investment not expenditure.