Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

Guest Alex
15 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The Poch out brigade ?

So , that's everyone except you and Borat's brother is it? 

And me!

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm not advocating for DeZerbi but one average season at Brighton where they sold their best players and the midfield they'd built their foundations on doesn't really tell the full story , he did amazing things in Italy with a tiny club getting them to eighth in Serie A and playing "good" football on the way and he was top of the league with Shaktar before Chelsea sent the tanks into the Ukraine so he's obviously got talent , maybe he would be the one to get the best out of Mudryk as he was his coach previously ? 

Despite the relatively strong finish lets not all pretend that Poch was the answer , the man who didn't want to sign Palmer and refused to play anyone in with Caicedo midfield except Enzo until change was forced upon him .

If we're making decisions with 'getting the best out of Mudryk' as one of the main reasons then it's over for us as football club.

• Disagree 1

Just now, Bison said:

If we're making decisions with 'getting the best out of Mudryk' as one of the main reasons then it's over for us as football club.

Well , we're not are we?

It was just one of the possible upsides .

Maybe the new coach will slap himself on the forehead and go "number 10" if only the last guy had realised. 

1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

His  initial rejection of Chalobah was also a mistake

Who are the genius's that think Chabolah is not as good as Badiashile and Enzo is better than than Conor?

This is a fundamental problem and please don't tell me it makes financial sense.

28 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I really think this comment will look incredibly silly in about 11 months time. 

Only have to wait until the tour of America for the new coach to be the new messiah or another clown who can’t coach and get him out, but its never the quality of the playing staff  provided to the coaches by TBSD

Just now, Thiago97 said:

At least you have owned it 👍

I owned it since day one if you scroll back , I was reticent to get rid purely based on the relationship he had with the players but the signs were there all along , how an international quality centre half cannot coach defenders to improve over a season on set piece defending is beyond me .  

He looks better than he is because Enzo got injured and the gruesome twosome signed Palmer , against his wishes. 

Obviously not every coach is going to improve the side , Southgate for instance but I'm confident if we signed up someone like Glasner from Palace or Iraola from Bournemouth , proper coaches we'd improve . 

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I owned it since day one if you scroll back , I was reticent to get rid purely based on the relationship he had with the players but the signs were there all along , how an international quality centre half cannot coach defenders to improve over a season on set piece defending is beyond me .  

He looks better than he is because Enzo got injured and the gruesome twosome signed Palmer , against his wishes. 

Obviously not every coach is going to improve the side , Southgate for instance but I'm confident if we signed up someone like Glasner from Palace or Iraola from Bournemouth , proper coaches we'd improve . 

They have to improve the side. It’s a non negotiable now. 

3 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

If he tries that with Tommy he’ll be scrambled Eggy in no time. 🍳 💣🧨👀

But will end with Tommy being out the door before his feet touched the ground. 

These owners (mainly Eghbali by the looks of things) have shown themselves to be brutally ruthless and make Roman look like he had the patience of a bird watcher.

Honestly haven't felt this flat, angry and frustrated about our club in many a year. I was so looking forward to next season and beyond but that's all gone now. 

I think they have made a terrible mistake which they might not recover from.  From looking odds on favourites for fourth, I predict we won't finish too 6 now and will be looking for yet another manger this time next year and with a line of players desperate to leave.

Just now, Thiago97 said:

It's certainly negotiable 

What happens if the new guy comes in and they sell Gallagher and Chalobah and replace them with duds?

It's always negotiable. 

I'm confident in my assessment though and have been since the first day of the season where he shot himself in the foot with a stupid line up based on cowardice.

Sources: Chelsea players unhappy with Pochettino departure

Pochettino was well-liked amongst the players

MAY 22

PAID
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fc268a9e1-3e04-4492-8c54-92a621ed2f83_400x400.jpeg

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FLuci

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FNote

READ IN APPhttps%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FLuci

One thing that has remained consistent throughout Mauricio Pochettino’s tenure as Chelsea head coach is that in general, the players have adored him.

As with any club, you cannot say that every single player liked him, there were some who perhaps didn’t, and others who were more just mutual towards him. But in general, Pochettino was well-liked amongst the players, which is something I have consistently reported and acknowledged on here.

People can have their views on this, but largely it is just because he was very much an ‘arm around the shoulder’ man-manager, one of the best in the game really. He deflected criticism towards his players, and he refused to critique any of them himself when perhaps they actually deserved some home truths at times.

But on a personal side, on the human side, Pochettino was largely adored by the Chelsea players, and now many of them are truly unhappy that he is gone.

It didn’t really come as a surprise as such to most of them. They read social media, they see the news, they saw all of the speculation, so of course it wasn’t really a surprise. Some of them also knew how frustrated Pochettino had become with not getting what he wanted. Players like Conor Gallagher and Trevoh Chalobah knew he wanted to keep them but knew that they might also attempt to be sold this summer. So many players could see what was developing. Even still, they believed they were building something with Pochettino and many are upset, angry, and frustrated with the conclusive news that came out yesterday.

A source described some of them as being ‘really p****d off’, with another source close to one player saying ‘the circus continues’ at this club.

This was always going to happen if Pochettino left. Some of the players had created very close relationships with him and credit him for their improvement in form. There was always going to be collateral damage with this departure. 

A number of the players have already come out and sent public messages to Pochettino, most notably Nicolas Jackson, who posted two face palm emojis in response of the news. Moises Caicedo has also posted saying ‘what a person, what a coach’. It’s all very telling. 

Having said all of this though, the Chelsea players will do all they can to support the next head coach who will arrive, and many of them have a real belief in this team still and have built a strong rapport as a team unit. I don’t foresee any real player unrest at all.

Simon Phillips

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's certainly negotiable 

What happens if the new guy comes in and they sell Gallagher and Chalobah and replace them with duds?

It's always negotiable. 

I'm confident in my assessment though and have been since the first day of the season where he shot himself in the foot with a stupid line up based on cowardice.

If you believe the long term future progress of Chelsea football club is built around Gallagher or Chalobah, then it makes me wonder what question you are asking yourself.

The future of these two are irrelevant to the bigger long term picture of continuous improvement under a new manager. 

2 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Yep!

Our points over the last 5 months is top four qualification tally. Anything less than top four from the new manager will be a failure and should then lead to his sacking.

He will also have to get every area of the team right in his first season because anything less should also be unacceptable. Any bad play will his fault. Any brainfarts will his fault. Any good play will be down to individuals. That was the bar that was set for Poch, so let's play fair.

• Like 1

Just now, Thiago97 said:

If you believe the long term future progress of Chelsea football club is built around Gallagher or Chalobah, then it makes me wonder what question you are asking yourself.

The future of these two are irrelevant to the bigger long term picture of continuous improvement under a new manager. 

Gallagher is an important player but Chalobah is nothing more than a squad rotation player. I'd like to see Chalobah  stay mainly  because he's a Chelsea boy, but no way is he a difference maker to this team or squad.

8 minutes ago, ROTG said:

A source described some of them as being ‘really p****d off’, with another source close to one player saying ‘the circus continues’ at this club.

If this is true, then the players need to plug out of social media and get on with their jobs. Just getting swept up in the media dialogue around us in my opinion.

• Agree 2

Just now, Thiago97 said:

I'm not , I mentioned it as it appears to be the thing that everyone is up in arms over.

I don't understand how I can make it clear enough for you to grasp that I'm confident the side will improve should they employ a coach 

7 minutes ago, ROTG said:

MAY 22

PAID
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fc268a9e1-3e04-4492-8c54-92a621ed2f83_400x400.jpeg

One thing that has remained consistent throughout Mauricio Pochettino’s tenure as Chelsea head coach is that in general, the players have adored him.

As with any club, you cannot say that every single player liked him, there were some who perhaps didn’t, and others who were more just mutual towards him. But in general, Pochettino was well-liked amongst the players, which is something I have consistently reported and acknowledged on here.

People can have their views on this, but largely it is just because he was very much an ‘arm around the shoulder’ man-manager, one of the best in the game really. He deflected criticism towards his players, and he refused to critique any of them himself when perhaps they actually deserved some home truths at times.

But on a personal side, on the human side, Pochettino was largely adored by the Chelsea players, and now many of them are truly unhappy that he is gone.

It didn’t really come as a surprise as such to most of them. They read social media, they see the news, they saw all of the speculation, so of course it wasn’t really a surprise. Some of them also knew how frustrated Pochettino had become with not getting what he wanted. Players like Conor Gallagher and Trevoh Chalobah knew he wanted to keep them but knew that they might also attempt to be sold this summer. So many players could see what was developing. Even still, they believed they were building something with Pochettino and many are upset, angry, and frustrated with the conclusive news that came out yesterday.

This was always going to happen if Pochettino left. Some of the players had created very close relationships with him and credit him for their improvement in form. There was always going to be collateral damage with this departure. 

A number of the players have already come out and sent public messages to Pochettino, most notably Nicolas Jackson, who posted two face palm emojis in response of the news. Moises Caicedo has also posted saying ‘what a person, what a coach’. It’s all very telling. 

Having said all of this though, the Chelsea players will do all they can to support the next head coach who will arrive, and many of them have a real belief in this team still and have built a strong rapport as a team unit. I don’t foresee any real player unrest at all.

Simon Phillips

They were building  something together from scratch. A proper project if ever there was one in modern day football.  All the signs going forward were positive.

These clowns haven't just shot thenselves  in the foot, they've  shot themselves in the foot, balls and head.

Just now, CarefreeMuratcan said:

If this is true, then the players need to plug out of social media and get on with their jobs. Just getting swept up in the media dialogue around us in my opinion.

It will have grains or truth to it but at the end of the day they're professional footballers who have grown up in an industry that is renowned for the hiring and firing of coaches they're used to it.

Just now, boratsbrother said:

Gallagher is an important player but Chalobah is nothing more than a squad rotation player. I'd like to see Chalobah  stay mainly  because he's a Chelsea boy, but no way is he a difference maker to this team or squad.

He is important for us now and he has been important to the guy we have just moved on.

However, he would struggle to hold down a first team place in some of our best teams in previous years. He has proven me wrong already, I didn’t think he could create a regular position for himself in our current team. He has improved immeasurably. 
I don’t find it all a little ironic for Mark to highlight the possibility of the new manager having Gallagher and Chalobah sold from under him as a major negative, when the clown piss poor manager who has been replaced was the one who played them and desperately wanted them to stay 😂 Yet it’s clear the owners who made the call on Poch’s reign, clearly don’t see it that way! 

Just now, boratsbrother said:

They were building  something together from scratch. A proper project if ever there was one in modern day football.  All the signs going forward were positive.

These clowns haven't just shot thenselves  in the foot, they've  shot themselves in the foot, balls and head.

Bloody hell Sebastiano , move on.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ROTG said:

MAY 22

PAID

Simon Phillips

Oh ffs another journalist trying make a name for themselves.I doubt the players that matter(Tiago) would sing his praises.

3 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

No, it was well known they were fond of Poch long before yesterday, so they are bound to be upset.