Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

20 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

I think if ever there was a game that summed up the task Poch has right now, well it was this last night. 
Clearly, no manager has a free pass and that cannot be the case. 
However, this game perfectly illustrated why he needs time and our backing. I think it also showed up how nearly every manager out there, will find this job incredibly difficult in the short term. 
The evidence was laid out bare and in front of everyone last night. 

This should've always been the case from the very beginning in fairness, we were always going to require time and patience. You don't rebuild a team in the manner we have, even with established talent much less a vision heavily focused on younger talent, and expect everything to come to fruition immediately. Throw in the other distractions of injuries, not getting the rub of the green on occasion, and league wide referee incompetence, all having a pivotal factor. 

Pochettino's handling of younger players and coaching younger sides in the past is a big part why he likely got this job in the first place, it's a unique situation that wouldn't have suited a lot of managers - even some of the very best. He's done a good job so far in terms of creating a positive atmosphere around the group itself, which is going to be important during those tougher and rougher periods we're going to inevitably experience. We're also seeing improvements in several players, which again is a bright spot amongst all of this. And while I've not always agreed with certain managerial decisions he's made, we do look a better drilled side in and out of possession fundamentally. With a bit more quality, some better decision making and execution, and of course composure, we'd look better again. We also need to massively improve our home form, that cannot be emphasised enough.

Sure, the football itself hasn't been particularly free-flowing but given the circumstances of where we're at that's not a high priority right now and can be improved upon in time. 

Shit could be better, shit could also be a heck of a lot worse. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

On 06/11/2023 at 12:09, Mark Kelly said:

won all the games and the moment the season started Poch shit the bed.

I hope Poch has a mattress cover on his bed otherwise the bed will be ruined.

You can usually see a quick improvement with a decent manager(Conte and Tuchel)I don't see anything from Poch.Even AVB got the odd good result.

I was one who welcomed Poch but he makes no sense to me.

On Pochettino's influence on future transfers:

He has 18-19 months left on his deal.

Based on what we've seen so far I doubt he's getting an extension any time soon so of course he shouldn't have any real say on transfer matters.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

We are certainly starting to play better and in my opinion the fact that Pochettino had taken the handbrake off a bit has helped enormously in that , I like the brave Poch much better than the cowardly one .

Helps when you've got a few additional pieces back to play around with. 

But yes, hopefully we'll see more of that moving forward particularly with Nkunku and Lavia looking like they may be not too far away themselves. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't know what the answer is to our problems but Pochettino certainly isn't it. 

He's been here ages and we cannot defend set pieces or from open play there's £200m worth of disconnection in midfield who can't help the defence or assist the attack. 

What is the idiot doing all week? 

Lemons on his desk? 

Lemon behind it more like. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I really don't know what the answer is to our problems but Pochettino certainly isn't it. 

He's been here ages and we cannot defend set pieces or from open play there's £200m worth of disconnection in midfield who can't help the defence or assist the attack. 

What is the idiot doing all week? 

Lemons on his desk? 

Lemon behind it more like. 

I'm not sure Poch is asking the players to make the schoolboy errors they are making. 

Defenders not staying with their player for crosses and Silva and his brain farts today. 

He's amazing but regularly loses concentration.  I love him but I really do think his time is nearly up. 

Also I thought a few players bottled 50/50s today.  That's not on Poch either.

I really hope that was just a very bad day at the office. 

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'm not sure Poch is asking the players to make the schoolboy errors they are making. 

Defenders not staying with their player for crosses and Silva and his brain farts today. 

He's amazing but regularly loses concentration.  I love him but I really do think his time is nearly up. 

Also I thought a few players bottled 50/50s today.  That's not on Poch either.

I really hope that was just a very bad day at the office. 

5 wins in our last 25 Premier League games. Playing badly and losing is about as normal a day at the office as it gets for us. This is the new reality. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Bison said:

5 wins in our last 25 Premier League games. Playing badly and losing is about as normal a day at the office as it gets for us. This is the new reality. 

8 goals conceded in our last 2 games

Brighton could be ugly 

15 hours ago, Bison said:

Must be nice. 

Shows you what happens when you get the right man at the right time. He’s done a brilliant job there, that has largely gone under the radar. I do think though, that for as good as he is, he has come in to this league at the opportune time with so many clubs not at the level you would expect them to normally be at.

I am not trying to downplay what he’s done, it’s really impressive. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Shows you what happens when you get the right man at the right time. He’s done a brilliant job there, that has largely gone under the radar. I do think though, that for as good as he is, he has come in to this league at the opportune time with so many clubs not at the level you would expect them to normally be at.

I am not trying to downplay what he’s done, it’s really impressive. 

He was as good an appointment as they could have made, raging success wherever he's been except for the Gooners and that was an impossible job when he decided to take it - wrong job at the wrong time.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, east lower said:

He was as good an appointment as they could have made, raging success wherever he's been except for the Gooners and that was an impossible job when he decided to take it - wrong job at the wrong time.

I think he came over as a bit of a chump with his "Good Ebening" interviews when , lets be honest his English was far far superior to his detractors Spanish 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, east lower said:

The main thing was when he went to villa from day one he set them up and coached the 442 and got instant respect and response from the playing staff. Whilst we had the nobody coach playing a zillion and one poop formations with zero respect from the playing staff. 

Edited by ROTG
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Who cares? Basic observation of the team tells you that already. 

The big question, and the far more troubling one, is why. 

Just find it strange to see a manager admitting defeat like that. They won't listen to me. Great, what now? 

• 2 weeks later...