Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

18 minutes ago, chara said:

My vote says YES !

Hmm...close...but maybe Cream Cracker(ed)..what about a "staff" collective noun...ClearLackeys?

Told you they were doing my head in 🧟‍♂️

Poch is just a ClearLackey - that sounds just about right.

17 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Or CreamBloodyCrackers.

CreamBloodyCrackered is us the fans.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I understand that press conferences are generally used for anything but promoting the truth but I actually think he believes it and /or thinks he'd best keep up the pretence unless Eggy gives him the heave ho. 

Would that be Eggy'd on?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Is it necessary to make this same snipe multiple times a day?

Are you worried we'll constantly forget your position?

I am just reassuring people that all is not doom and gloom, one could say I am just quoting your words on the future and how the games changers are currently injured and will be back in January. 

As for my position it’s quite clear and I am hoping to eat humble pie. Maybe that treat is coming my way in January.

its a funny old game. 

Edited by ROTG

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Make that 3-0.

Emphasises how dreadful we were midweek, cos Utd are not a good outfit.

At the same time, I’m sure quite a few Bournemouth fans were not having Iraola after his first 10 games, taking into account what O’Neil was achieving there . The usual fan comments about managers being out of their depth etc 

I think that’s 5 wins in 7 games now. I imagine they are happy no early trigger was pulled. 

1 minute ago, Thiago97 said:

Emphasises how dreadful we were midweek, cos Utd are not a good outfit.

At the same time, I’m sure quite a few Bournemouth fans were not having Iraola after his first 10 games, taking into account what O’Neil was achieving there . The usual fan comments about managers being out of their depth etc 

I think that’s 5 wins in 7 games now. I imagine they are happy no early trigger was pulled. 

New league, never managed a PL game in his career. 

Happy for him and Bournemouth, shows what can be done with a viable plan and players executing it. 

1 minute ago, east lower said:

New league, never managed a PL game in his career. 

Happy for him and Bournemouth, shows what can be done with a viable plan and players executing it. 

Exactly. Even though I suspect you are not agreeing with my overall point. 
New league would have seen even more calls for him being out of his depth.

They could have pulled the trigger early. They were rock bottom with something like 1-2 pts after the first 7-8 games. 
I’m fairly certain we lose tomorrow. I think Everton are a good bet at 2/1. I don’t think we lose cos of the manager though. We lose cos of the same mental and physical fragilities we have seen for the last 18 months.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jasonb said:

I don't blame Poch, about six players out injured. It has been like this most of the season  and he can't plan for that.

Also recently two first team players getting reds through indiscipline.

Silva may be old though the most experienced player we have and at times we need a cool head.

I really think at some point this season the injury prone will be moved on or paid off.

December / January will be interesting in terms of our activity though December is a massive month, 7 fixtures with 4 away.

It’s not about blaming Poch - it’s about the reality of him being a dead man walking. 

51 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Exactly. Even though I suspect you are not agreeing with my overall point. 
New league would have seen even more calls for him being out of his depth.

They could have pulled the trigger early. They were rock bottom with something like 1-2 pts after the first 7-8 games. 
I’m fairly certain we lose tomorrow. I think Everton are a good bet at 2/1. I don’t think we lose cos of the manager though. We lose cos of the same mental and physical fragilities we have seen for the last 18 months.

I’m probably not, but my own view was and is that the current coach wasn’t good enough. 

I do note your point and would agree with it in our instance if we were truly showing signs of improvement and the coach was showing signs of improving the players and/or performance and/or patterns of play. 

Sadly that doesn’t seem to be the case and I can’t see how he’s going to after almost 6 months. If he could’ve, he would’ve by now.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

It’s not about blaming Poch - it’s about the reality of him being a dead man walking. 

Only that is  not reality.  That is something that you decided yourself, by reading way too much into a completely benign press conference that actually told us nothing about anything.

11 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Only that is  not reality.  That is something that you decided yourself, by reading way too much into a completely benign press conference that actually told us nothing about anything.

No I didn’t. I realised that after watching the worst performance I have ever seen as a Chelsea fan of 30 years.

8 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

No I didn’t. I realised that after watching the worst performance I have ever seen as a Chelsea fan of 30 years.

Agree except to add "one of the worst etc,,",,,,, but the presser was not benign by any judgement..cowardly totally inept without even a shred of sincerity or subtle or otherwise apology to the faithful or bollocking of the squad..a total disgrace and probably for me the worst presser I can recall by a Chelsea coach...some anger would have been appreciated!!

3 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Ok, well I think you used the term after the and as a result of the press conference - I might be wrong. As an aside, I would be surprised it it was in the top 5 of worst Chelsea performances in the last 18 months. It was crap, but we scored, hit the post and had at least one other good chance.  Granted, he needs to win some games, but I think that will follow in the next couple of months.

2 minutes ago, chara said:

Agree except to add "one of the worst etc,,",,,,, but the presser was not benign by any judgement..cowardly totally inept without even a shred of sincerity or subtle or otherwise apology to the faithful or bollocking of the squad..a total disgrace and probably for me the worst presser I can recall by a Chelsea coach...some anger would have been appreciated!!

I think that is an overreaction to an established line in the sand you have drawn. I watched it and saw nothing whatsoever. So maybe that is me doing the same.

1 minute ago, McCreadie said:

Ok, well I think you used the term after the and as a result of the press conference - I might be wrong. As an aside, I would be surprised it it was in the top 5 of worst Chelsea performances in the last 18 months. It was crap, but we scored, hit the post and had at least one other good chance.  Granted, he needs to win some games, but I think that will follow in the next couple of months.

Agreed - not even sure if it was in the top worst 5 performances of this season.
Quite a lot of effort went in and as you say no shortage of chances.

2 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I think that is an overreaction to an established line in the sand you have drawn. I watched it and saw nothing whatsoever. So maybe that is me doing the same.

Some people think a post match press briefing is about apologising to the fans, others want to see some spark of confidence in the future.
Personally I just think it is just punishment for losing.  Not against it but I wouldn't go to a hanging or pay to watch prisoners serve their time.  I don't watch them.

5 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Probably right but unless I have a completely false impression of my "Forum Temperament"🙃 I think I usually try to be reasonable and to be so upset might be an indication of how angry I was.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Agreed - not even sure if it was in the top worst 5 performances of this season.

Some people think a post match press briefing is about apologising to the fans, others want to see some spark of confidence in the future.
Personally I just think it is just punishment for losing.  Not against it but I wouldn't go to a hanging or pay to watch prisoners serve their time.  I don't watch them.

Funny thing Droy..I rarely do as I pretty much agree with you but last week was appalling.

4 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Context included - it was the worst for me. Potter was saddled with a 40 man squad in transition and clearly was completely out of his depth. Poch is supposedly more experienced with a much more settled squad. Playing against an absolutely dreadful United side and threatening to become our joint worst-performing manager in Premier League history.

3 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Effort? We have created chances all season. But we basically gave schoolboys a bad name. Would love to hear your list of five worse performances from this season (hint: Newcastle is definitely not one of them).

23 minutes ago, chara said:

What’s the point of him going off on one in a press conference. Poch is realising he has been given a very poor squad which due to age inexperience, over hyped players etc. are probably limited in their understanding of first team coaching and tactics. It’s not as if Poch has been given a team with leaders, with PL miles on the clock.

Last season we had an experienced squad being coach by a nobody coach. This season it is vice versa. 

The mess is down to those upstairs not a Poch. Back me or sack me is around the corner for Poch and TBSD 

18 minutes ago, ROTG said:

What’s the point of him going off on one in a press conference. Poch is realising he has been given a very poor squad which due to age inexperience, over hyped players etc. are probably limited in their understanding of first team coaching and tactics. It’s not as if Poch has been given a team with leaders, with PL miles on the clock.

Last season we had an experienced squad being coach by a nobody coach. This season it is vice versa. 

The mess is down to those upstairs not a Poch. Back me or sack me is around the corner for Poch and TBSD 

Agree BUT,,if every time things went against me as keeper I respond with such a total collapse of everything from body language to word weakness (allowing for language issues) then all I would have achieved is boosting the opposition and shaking the confidence of my team mates,,,part of the game for me was not to show that I was allowing the situation to drag me down,,,not well stated by me but show some fight,,not total submission.....if you can't just blag it don't get up there...Mr Kipling had a viewpoint well worth remembering..that's the issue for me last week.

49 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Effort? We have created chances all season. But we basically gave schoolboys a bad name. Would love to hear your list of five worse performances from this season (hint: Newcastle is definitely not one of them).

At West Ham
Forest at home
Brighton LC (almost a full team against a reserve team and we won by 1 goal)
Fulham,
Burnley,
Brentford
Spurs  (the worst IMO even if we did win)

So that is 7 worse performances.
Doesn't make this game at all good, but we have been consistently week in week out very poor.

1 minute ago, Dwmh said:

At West Ham
Forest at home
Brighton LC (almost a full team against a reserve team and we won by 1 goal)
Fulham,
Burnley,
Brentford
Spurs  (the worst IMO even if we did win)

So that is 7 worse performances.
Doesn't make this game at all good, but we have been consistently week in week out very poor.

You just cemented your status as a complete nutter.

• Angry 1