Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

It’s very obvious the back me or sack me stance by Poch has accelerated from next summer to this Christmas. 

It’s going to be down to Clearlake to decide who they will support going forward Poch or TBSD. Whoever Clearlake support it should signal end for the other party. 

I agree both are at risk, Clearlake's involvement too.
Not sure it is one or other, could be both.
For me there is no point in changing Poch till a lot of other things change, many of which I suspect we don't know about and may never know about.
Timing is pretty important here.
We have 7 known dates before Liverpool on Jan 31st.  of which 5 are PL games against moderate opposition. 2 cup games, potentially 5 cup games, but none of them crucial in terms of Chelse becoming a top 4 club again.

That gives a next man a lot of time to settle in and get used to the squad, perhaps even time to contribute to the January window plans.
Now would make a sensible time for a non-sensible change.

8 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Not saying it's 100, but rumours will start trickling. To be honest I find it more ridiculous that the Chelsea journalists (Simon Johnson, Liam Twomey) are putting a wall of denial up that Poch's position isn't under threat 

I got interviewed/asked for comment by one of those gents outside the ground at Everton. Got asked about a few things, Bohely spending £700m on the baseball player and how that might effect us, fans view on the owners, fans view on the coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dwmh said:

I agree both are at risk, Clearlake's involvement too.
Not sure it is one or other, could be both.
For me there is no point in changing Poch till a lot of other things change, many of which I suspect we don't know about and may never know about.
Timing is pretty important here.
We have 7 known dates before Liverpool on Jan 31st.  of which 5 are PL games against moderate opposition. 2 cup games, potentially 5 cup games, but none of them crucial in terms of Chelse becoming a top 4 club again.

That gives a next man a lot of time to settle in and get used to the squad, perhaps even time to contribute to the January window plans.
Now would make a sensible time for a non-sensible change.

Don’t forget the game changers coming back from injury in January 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, east lower said:

I got interviewed/asked for comment by one of those gents outside the ground at Everton. Got asked about a few things, Bohely spending £700m on the baseball player and how that might effect us, fans view on the owners, fans view on the coach.

AND!,,,pray tell more!,,,and what brain cell decided that a Baseball purchase will make a difference to Chelsea?

OH wait..the guy is multi talented in his game...maybe they think they can do what the Citeh did to Frank?..ship him overseas..to SB...link up well with homer refs..at away games that is...no such animal at SB!

(This lot are definitely doing my head in!)

41 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Not so sure about sarcastic video clip. 

happy to discuss your January game changers which you have championed since reality kicked in. 

Well if you will post the same boring "game changers" comment multiple times........

It's worse than your "toodles" and "I'll get my coat " nonsense.

Grow up. 

I genuinely have a feeling that if Nkunku is a success and turns our season around, you'll be secretly upset.  

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, chara said:

AND!,,,pray tell more!,,,and what brain cell decided that a Baseball purchase will make a difference to Chelsea?

OH wait..the guy is multi talented in his game...maybe they think they can do what the Citeh did to Frank?..ship him overseas..to SB...link up well with homer refs..at away games that is...no such animal at SB!

(This lot are definitely doing my head in!)

He wanted to know if fans thought that the amount of money spent on other Boehly interests would have any effect on Chelsea's transfer business - He said there'd been lots on social media comment on it. Nice enough character so had no problem speaking with him. Did say to him that there was a change in direction of the feelings of quite a few on the terraces as regards the owners competency (and their appointments) to get things right in the short, medium and longer terms.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ham said:

Well if you will post the same boring "game changers" comment multiple times........

It's worse than your "toodles" and "I'll get my coat " nonsense.

Grow up. 

I genuinely have a feeling that if Nkunku is a success and turns our season around, you'll be secretly upset.  

If you read my posts you would see that I am wanting the club to make me eat my words or humble pie. 

However I will not be holding my breath on being wrong, Because I don’t see Nkunku being the saviour. 

As for growing up comment, unfortunately being an OG I am closer to daisy pushing than going back to purity and being told that comment. 

As for toodles and I’ll get my coat is a bit of fun and is non offensive. 
Maybe you can answer this question, in your opinion  comments made about Lukaku on this forum are deemed nonsense or offensive?

9 hours ago, ROTG said:

If you read my posts you would see that I am wanting the club to make me eat my words or humble pie. 

However I will not be holding my breath on being wrong, Because I don’t see Nkunku being the saviour. 

As for growing up comment, unfortunately being an OG I am closer to daisy pushing than going back to purity and being told that comment. 

As for toodles and I’ll get my coat is a bit of fun and is non offensive. 
Maybe you can answer this question, in your opinion  comments made about Lukaku on this forum are deemed nonsense or offensive?

"Objection....... Relevance?"

9 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Let's be honest, De Zerbi is still smashing it with Brighton this season having lost 2 of their best players.

Let's get him!

We have very different definitions of 'smashing it'

Lost at home to third/fourth best team in Sweden, got smashed for 6 at Villa, lost twice to mid table Chelsea, drew at home to Burnley, drew at home to Sheff Utd.........they have also had some very decent results too. 

If you want a let's be honest view. He overachieved with them last season, he is probably about level par so far for this season.....regardless of what players they have lost, they still have very good players and very good recruitment structure.

1 hour ago, Thiago97 said:

Lost at home to third/fourth best team in Sweden, got smashed for 6 at Villa, lost twice to mid table Chelsea, drew at home to Burnley, drew at home to Sheff Utd.........they have also had some very decent results too. 

If you want a let's be honest view. He overachieved with them last season, he is probably about level par so far for this season.....regardless of what players they have lost, they still have very good players and very good recruitment structure.

Clearly as you're still backing Poch! As you now use losing to us an example of an embarrassment for De Zerbi, maybe we should fix that by getting him so he can't lose to us again. Poch is a dead man walking.

1 hour ago, Thiago97 said:

Par is topping your group in Europe for the first time in Europe in history?!?

Brighton spent net 300 million less than we did in summer and their wage bill is 5th lowest in the division.

Potter never took them anywhere near as far as De Zerbi.

Nor was Potter particularly highly rated when we signed him. I.e. no top club was looking at him.

There will be plenty of top clubs after RDZ.

29 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Par is topping your group in Europe for the first time in Europe in history?!?

Brighton spent net 300 million less than we did in summer and their wage bill is 5th lowest in the division.

Potter never took them anywhere near as far as De Zerbi.

Nor was Potter particularly highly rated when we signed him. I.e. no top club was looking at him.

There will be plenty of top clubs after RDZ.

You are quite correct, many bigger clubs will be tracking De Zerbi. He has done a decent job.

Brighton may have spent £300 million less than we did, but they also probably spend a similar percentage equivalent more than the teams he has just beat to top their Europa League group. It's all context Max. 

It's just my nature Max. I reject knee jerk hype whether that is players, managers, until people objectively view their flaws alongside their praise. Or until they have really achieved something of serious note.

All we hear is constant praise for De Zerbi, without anyone ever questioning some of their less positive results. He seems to have managed to build up this cult football hipster following throughout his managerial career to date (it was the same back in Italy too).  Whilst his work certainly warrants and deserves respect, the bare truth of the matter is he has not actually achieved a great deal yet.  A comparable example could be Ruben Amorim in Portugal. However, Amorim actually has firm achievements on his CV to date.  He may have took over a bigger club in their domestic league, but he took over a club on its knee's at the time and completely turned it around. De Zerbi took over a very good club and developed it further. Will he be able to develop it further again, now that teams are starting to work out how to tackle Brighton games?

Edited by Thiago97
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

You are quite correct, many bigger clubs will be tracking De Zerbi. He has done a decent job.

Brighton may have spent £300 million less than we did, but they also probably spend a similar percentage equivalent more than the teams he has just beat to top their Europa League group. It's all context Max. 

It's just my nature Max. I reject knee jerk hype whether that is players, managers, until people objectively view their flaws alongside their praise. Or until they have really achieved something of serious note.

All we hear is constant praise for De Zerbi, without anyone ever questioning some of their less positive results. He seems to have managed to build up this cult football hipster following throughout his managerial career to date (it was the same back in Italy too).  Whilst his work certainly warrants and deserves respect, the bare truth of the matter is he has not actually achieved a great deal yet.  A comparable example could be Ruben Amorim in Portugal. However, Amorim actually has firm achievements on his CV to date.  He may have took over a bigger club in their domestic league, but he took over a club on its knee's at the time and completely turned it around. De Zerbi took over a very good club and developed it further. Will he be able to develop it further again, now that teams are starting to work out how to tackle Brighton games?

And yet you fail to recognise that Poch has built his reputation on achieving nothing of serious note, cashing in on the same constant praise you fault being levelled at De Zerbi. Difference is - we know Poch has failed now. He is our worst performing manager in Premier League history. At least with De Zerbi we would be trying something new, if we can even persuade him to join. Let's take Amorin over Poch - anything over the most overrated manager of the last decade who is heading this club towards relegation again.

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

we know Poch has failed now. He is our worst performing manager in Premier League history.

That’s because he was given the worst Chelsea squad in PL history. 

Reality is the boat has sailed of getting an elite manager/coach with the current squad. I guess we will never know the real reason why the likes of negelsmann and Enrique fell at the first fence last summer during the clubs interview process. 

Edited by ROTG

5 minutes ago, ROTG said:

That’s because he was given the worst Chelsea squad in PL history. 

Reality is the boat has sailed of getting an elite manager/coach with the current squad. I guess we will never know the real reason why the likes of negelsmann and Enrique fell at the first fence last summer during the clubs interview process. 

It’s not about “elite” at this stage. It’s about getting someone promising who isn’t Poch.

16 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Poch is not the problem, the quality of the playing staff is the problem. 

neither  is true alone - there are far deeper problems all the way through.  Not being able to name them is not the same as being able to deny them.

Player Prices >(1) Player Quality >(2) Player Performances >(3) Team Performances >(4) Chances created - Chances conceded >(5) Goals scored - Goals Conceded >(6) Points Achieved

You can blame the scouting team for (1) and Poch for (3)
A lack of togetherness and team spirit for (6) (caused IMO by too many new players, too young and the hideous end of season experience under the Temp).
But there are deep issues going on, which we cannot see.  Player quality is far from the main issue.  Player Quality is far far greater than that of a 19 point PL team.

• Agree 2