Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

56 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The problem is I expect the two clowns are working to a remit set down by the owners to execute their plan of buying the best young players in the market and they can point to what they did as evidence they've done so. 

Pochettino must surely have a remit to player fitness and improving them as footballers and instilling a system which suits their talents and gets the best out of them and he clearly isn't. 

The real problem with changing the Algorithm (Nevin's word) that runs the club is that the new algrorithm would immediately chuck out all the players we have and reccommend a completely different set of over priced players.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dwmh said:

The real problem with changing the Algorithm (Nevin's word) that runs the club is that the new algrorithm would immediately chuck out all the players we have and reccommend a completely different set of over priced players.

It really doesn't matter who the players are when you cannot coach them. 

Mbappe, Messi, Neymar. 

Farmers league 

Second. 

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Mbappe, Messi, Neymar. 

Farmers league 

Second. 

Kane and Son too.  Won nothing. 

Edited by Ham
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The problem is I expect the two clowns are working to a remit set down by the owners to execute their plan of buying the best young players in the market and they can point to what they did as evidence they've done so. 

Those two clown have not brought the best. They brought a list of players and target from their former mid table ex employers, hence the reality of a 54pts team 

Also those two clown are responsible for recommending and hiring Mr Jellyfish 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Mbappe, Messi, Neymar. 

Farmers league 

Second. 

Poch is coach No3 who can’t get a tune out for the scouts and owners ego squad. 

Pochettino is not good enough but unfortunately I don't see a lot changing with a new coach either because I think the calibre of players we've bought is horrendous. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Leo said:

Pochettino is not good enough but unfortunately I don't see a lot changing with a new coach either because I think the calibre of players we've bought is horrendous. 

They're all used to being coached, told where to stand, what to do with the ball and without it and who to pass to and when. 

None of this is happening under this coach. 

They're not Brazil 70 but they're better footballers than Pochettino is a coach. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

They're all used to being coached, told where to stand, what to do with the ball and without it and who to pass to and when. 

None of this is happening under this coach. 

They're not Brazil 70 but they're better footballers than Pochettino is a coach. 

Not many are !,,,, but I agree about being better at their jobs than The Poch,,,,, it's not just good ingredients that make a great dish,,it's how they are assembled and presented!

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

So, you think he's doing a good job then? 

Say so. 

God no, I didn't like the appointment and that game in 2015 was one of the most disgusting things that any manager has been responsible for in football in the Prem (though I now realise it was his inability to control his players not his design).

But as I am writing in another thread:

And for me Poch doesn't matter.  It doesn't matter if we get 50 or 60 points this season, or 45 or 65 if Lampard or the next Hiddink turn up.  What matters is the ownership of the club.

Who do you want to sack Poch? - I think those guys have gone already.  Poch is already the caretaker board.

2 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

God no, I didn't like the appointment and that game in 2015 was one of the most disgusting things that any manager has been responsible for in football in the Prem (though I now realise it was his inability to control his players not his design).

But as I am writing in another thread:

And for me Poch doesn't matter.  It doesn't matter if we get 50 or 60 points this season, or 45 or 65 if Lampard or the next Hiddink turn up.  What matters is the ownership of the club.

Who do you want to sack Poch? - I think those guys have gone already.  Poch is already the caretaker board.

I'd gladly drive to Cobham, explain why and sack him myself to be honest he's AVB with Lockets. 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

At this stage I'd take Big Sam. At least we'd defend set pieces, and have a system.

Big Sam?..I'd take even Sam Elliot..at least he has a 'tach worth the watching!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chara said:

No creditable coach will take on this project, especially as the squad has basically got 3 coaches removed in less than 18 months.

Would not put it past these clowns to bring in someone like Jesse Marsch. 

1 hour ago, chara said:

Sam Elliot - the sergeant major in We Were Soldiers. Now there’s a managerial duo, him and Colonel Hal Moore. 

Hell (literally) of a story, great book (We were soldiers once and young) and good adaptation, albeit Hollywooded.

Story of the first large military engagement of the Vietnam War.

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

No creditable coach will take on this project, especially as the squad has basically got 3 coaches removed in less than 18 months.

Would not put it past these clowns to bring in someone like Jesse Marsch. 

USA, USA!!

• Sad 1

We all have our opinions on what's happened at the club and who's to blame. The truth is almost everyone at the club is to blame in some capacity.  Bohley, Eghbali Winstanley, Stewart, Pochettino, the players and everyone in between.

What we absolutely have to do though is make the immediate changes that can stop us spiralling towards relegation as make no mistake, if we continue on this trajectory we will be relegated in the next couple of seasons.

It's unlikely we are sold anytime soon. Its unlikely the board all get sacked, although I would expect some changes to the structure this summer but that's not going to change the mistakes that have already been made, even if we replace the whole board or sell the club the money spent on the current squad is going to remain the biggest problem.

So, you have to ask yourself what's the easiest, most effective, immediate change we can make to try and turn things round and its pretty obvious. Whether or not he's as big a problem as some, like myself think, or not is pretty irrelevant. We have to make the most of what we have, on the playing side and that means getting the best manager possible for the job. Unfortunately we are not at the level we once were or are anywhere near as attractive a proposition for any potential new manager. We've gone from Tuchel to Potter to Potterino and under normal circumstances would be looking at a mid table manager as we are now a mid table club. That is the reality. No top level manager will go anywhere near us. All except one........

And not only is he a top level manager, he's one of the greatest of all time, he's certainly our greatest ever and as much of a legend of this club than any player to ever wear the shirt. 

I've been told he's coming in the summer and that's why my stance has changed slightly on Pochettino. I'd rather we keep him until then and bring back the great man than sack him now, bring in Lampard and things get even worse. That would be no help to anyone. Obviously if he can be persuaded to come now then we make the change, immediately. 

We are very, very fortunate that we have any chance, of bringing such a manager to this football club at this time, no other mid table club would have any hope but because of his affinity with us he's willing. You can tell me he's not what he was and he's a dinosaur or whatever but think about where we are as a football club right now and tell me one manager we could bring in that is anywhere near his level. You can't.

Forget all the one upmanship and who's cleverer than who on here with the petty arguments that go on. This is serious, the future of our club as we know it is at stake. Yes we could sack the board, sell the club, sell the entire squad and start again. None of that's going to happen, at least in the short term. We do have an opportunity to bring back one of the most successful managers in the history of the game, someone that loves us and will be genuinely hurting to see us where we are. Someone that knows his football and how a football club should be run and someone with a serious point to prove.

It's happening, you'll see more and more people clamouring for it in the next few days, weeks, months ahead. So much so that it's only a matter of time before the fans start singing his name again. 

Some may argue this that and the other about why he's not the right man. I already know who's going to say what but my question to you is what's the alternative? Please enlighten me as to what we could do, who we could bring on from top to bottom that would have more of a chance than him to turn this around before it's too late?