Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

3 hours ago, east lower said:

There’s rumours circulating this morning that the board have made the decision that he goes now. 🤞

Rumours?  Or just media talk (no disrespect to you btw)

Have any of the board been seen at the training ground?

18 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Rumours?  Or just media talk (no disrespect to you btw)

Have any of the board been seen at the training ground?

Strangely quiet media wise, the odd article saying he's under pressure (no s**t sherlock). All the gossip coming from 'sources'.

If anything at all happens, the soonest it would get announced would be later on in the afternoon in my view. Terminations to be signed, new man in has to sign his and his helpers paperwork etc. Desks cleared etc

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

An oddly angry response.  I was simply stating it was strange that after he joined Arsenal, they went from 8 points clear to.... not.

City.  Watch them again this season

2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

We currently have stepped down from what Jorginho was giving us, but to challenge for the league we needed something more

Umm - was that not the +300m spent by the owners and recruitment department on a new set of midfield players?

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Umm - was that not the +300m spent by the owners and recruitment department on a new set of midfield players?

Exactly, but it hasn't worked out (yet), so in retrospect it looks like keeping Jorginho as a transitional period would have been good.

One of the  significant faults in our play is something which has plagued us for years ( probably started under Sarri) and that's our short passing. 

So many times we lose possession or the momemtum of an attack is slowed down by sloppy passing. A good example of that was a play in the second involving Mudryk and another player, think it was Gallagher but I could be wrong. Just inside the Wolves half when Mudryk gives a decent short pass which is returned to him, the Chelsea player starts to run into what could have been a threatening posistion but Mudryk horribly over hits the return pass which loses possession.  

We are talking basic training ground passes here which players complete with their eyes shut, but in match situations they fluff them by over and under hitting. Of course this happenes in ther team as well but it's the sheer number of times it happens with the players in our teams. Look at the sublime pass from Mount which set up the goal in our CL win, yet he too was  guilty of sloppy short passing far more than he should have been. I have no idea why this is a problem our managers cannot solve.

43 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Exactly, but it hasn't worked out (yet), so in retrospect it looks like keeping Jorginho as a transitional period would have been good.

I agree. I would have kept Jorginho too BUT the board dont do transitional - it would require intelligence and thats something that money cant buy - clearly (or clear-lake)

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

image.png

Xabi Alonso!!!!   Someone is having a laugh.

You can get 11/2 on Poch being the next PL manager sacked (Woy Hodgson being the hot favourite).

I don't think anything is happening right now.

Anyone seen TB or Eghbali recently?  They have vanished.

3 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

You can get 11/2 on Poch being the next PL manager sacked (Woy Hodgson being the hot favourite).

I agree, I think the fact that the odds on Poch going aren't really moving, points to the fact that nothing is happening any time soon.

None of us know why that would be, it could be for a number of reasons...

• Owners still have faith in him
  • They can't afford to sack him unless we have a real threat of relegation
  • He has a clause at the end of season 1, that will mean the payout is significantly smaller
  • They don't want to do it until they have a new man lined up
  • The owners have given up and aren't interested
  • The owners are already looking to sell, so they aren't really fussed
  • Poch has dodgy photos of Boehly that he's willing to release

Take your pick, but none of us actually have any clue what's happening at the club formerly known as Chelsea Football Club.

12 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

I think Boehly has handed the reigns of the madhouse over to Egbahli and washed his hands of it. 

10 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

This is the definition of multiple problems compounding on each other...

Top work Toddco. 

He stays and we get relegated. 

He leaves and we get relegated because FFP. 

Sell Gallagher it'll be worth it. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

image.png

Sure, "Michel Sanchez". Definitely a real person who exists.

25 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

This is the definition of multiple problems compounding on each other...

Mail "exclusive", lol. This is exactly, EXACTLY, the sort of rubbish I'd write if I was a Mail staffer and Pochettino hadn't been sacked but I wanted to be able to say "I knew all along" if he eventually was. Just because it might be coincidentally true doesn't mean this isn't really obviously made up.

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I agree, I think the fact that the odds on Poch going aren't really moving, points to the fact that nothing is happening any time soon.

• He has a clause at the end of season 1, that will mean the payout is significantly smaller

Take your pick, but none of us actually have any clue what's happening at the club formerly known as Chelsea Football Club.

I don't think they can sell yet, there was a clause in the acquisition contract was there not?

7 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I don't think they can sell yet, there was a clause in the acquisition contract was there not?

No idea of the legal aspects but if "THEY" sell up...in apparent breach of contract (with whom?)what entity is able to take them to court for "Breach Of Contract." ?

IF a sale was to an obvious "White Knight" why would any "breach" be questioned?

Another rabbit hole I think..a "what if "question...unanswerable except in the abstract.

Have we all unwittingly been diverted into a "Twillight Zone" episode or other dimension?

Feels like it...and with a parallel universe in Strasbourg according to the Guardian.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Good set of possibilities.
But remember one thing - the media love to pretend that if something is happening they know all about it, and so their rumours are really worth listening to.  Football rarely happens that way despite the young men and agents involved being a natural gossip machine.
In big business it almost never happens that way, people keep shtum.  (Likewise with mafia and Russian oligarchs).

The one thing you can be certain of if there are big changes about to happen at the top of the club - nobody would know a word about it.

Anyone seen TB of Eghbali?

41 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

So a commitment to whom?  Who is the counterparty that has the right to say - just a moment Clearlackeys, you have to stay 7 more years?  And who would actually hold them to it?

(it is a PR clause, to make financial partners look more genuinely interested in the club - otherwise meaningless.)

44 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Most matters, legally binding or not can be settled by means of agreement, so I’d guess as long as Roman agrees to it then it’s good to go.

1 hour ago, chara said:

No idea of the legal aspects but if "THEY" sell up...in apparent breach of contract (with whom?)what entity is able to take them to court for "Breach Of Contract." ?

IF a sale was to an obvious "White Knight" why would any "breach" be questioned?

Another rabbit hole I think..a "what if "question...unanswerable except in the abstract.

Have we all unwittingly been diverted into a "Twillight Zone" episode or other dimension?

Feels like it...and with a parallel universe in Strasbourg according to the Guardian.

I know it’s utterly impossible of course but I’d love it (and the reaction) if Roman did an absolute madness and…

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, east lower said:

Most matters, legally binding or not can be settled by means of agreement, so I’d guess as long as Roman agrees to it then it’s good to go.

Yeah he might want them gone sooner than later tbf. 

9 minutes ago, east lower said:

It might be a viable solution for all. Who knows, he might even be able to broker a deal.

Given how much they paid for the Club and how much their astonishing body of work has a) cost them and b) devalued the asset they bought, are we really thinking that Clearlake are going to be selling up?

What would they get if they did that now? They’ve probably knocked at least 50% off the price they paid for it in less than two years. Even more given how much a new buyer is going to have to fix quite quickly.