Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sadly, you’re probably not far wrong. I actually don’t think our squad is too far away from being competitive, under the right manager and with the medical side of things in the club being fixed.

I put a post in the squad status topic outlining what I’d do this summer and it’s mainly bringing in about 5 new players, who have experience and are proven in their position.

I might be out of a job soon, so maybe I’ll apply for a role at the club!

Hope your employment situation resolves itself the right way Sam 👍

Edited by Ham
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

No doubt it does to some degree. I imagine it would be tough for any top pro of that stature to then struggle in a management role post retirement from playing. Can't be easy. 

If he doesn't cake it as a manager I could see him ending up in the media, more specifically a pundit. The spells he has had already have generally been pretty well received, and I think that's where he does shine currently. Maybe a Director type role, or something else behind the scenes can also suit, but also difficult to see him just given that sort of roll with no real prior experience. 

Yes, he does do a decent job as a pundit. Not enough go counter the red-wave that pollutes most of it though.

I'd cite Edu as an example of perhaps the role where Lampard could end-up. He's probably better thought of globally than Edu,  needs to spend time as an observer of successful people in similar roles and learn. Put that together with his own good and bad experiences and I could see potential. 

43 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I think you will find they came to the club from Laurence Stewarts lazy lets buy some of my ex-employers players list

Again it goes down TB & Eggs'y - If they had any nouce they would have the club had already had it fingers burn with Monaco players  "Bakayoko"

Created by him.

3 minutes ago, east lower said:

Yes, he does do a decent job as a pundit. Not enough go counter the red-wave that pollutes most of it though.

I'd cite Edu as an example of perhaps the role where Lampard could end-up. He's probably better thought of globally than Edu,  needs to spend time as an observer of successful people in similar roles and learn. Put that together with his own good and bad experiences and I could see potential. 

You've kinda raised a point that has maybe gone over Lampard a little because of his playing career, and that's his willingness to maybe take a step back as an assistant or something under a more senior and experienced manager. I see this as a bit of a problem with some former players once they step into the management realm. They tend to get jobs based off their playing careers, rather than what they're capable of in a non-playing capacity. There's probably quite a bit Frank could learn just by being part of a staff team that would improve him as a manager down the line. 

Ego would probably prevent that though, as it has done with many others over the years.

3 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

This does make you wonder what sort of feedback they get and how it's being presented?  

For example, if i'm Moises Caicedo getting negative analysis from my feedback this week, i'm not sure i'd be too happy with being caned for it when I spent two games standing on my own at CM and having no one to pass the ball to... 

And on the flip side, Raheem Sterling and a couple of others should be receiving harsh feedback, even if they don't like hearing it. 

Some of this lot are clearly wallies, but this statement is purposefully vague and just allows some general mud-slinging at them.  And if they aren't receiving analytical info well, there could also be legitimate reasons for that (like the way they are being asked to play is properly bad, which it is). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Mail reporting that we can't sack him until Summer because of FFP. Had enough of this clown show.

I highly doubt that is true.  Also, it's the Mail, so it almost definitely isn't true

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

Like I said last night, the leaks or stuff being put out there shows everyone sniping at everyone else.

Place must be as toxic as you can get, IF TRUE.

Horrible place to ply your trade, no wonder at the first sign of adversity they jack it in.

What it needs, we can't afford. They tried the rip it up and start again approach and messed it up. Might have to do it and take the consequences  - but I'm not sure you can trust our owners to get it right.

37 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Mail reporting that we can't sack him until Summer because of FFP. Had enough of this clown show.

Good point was made that this may actually be a briefing from the club to give them some leeway to not need to sack him. “We can’t sack him due to FFP!!!” The club is doing a lot of briefings right now…

9 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Good point was made that this may actually be a briefing from the club to give them some leeway to not need to sack him. “We can’t sack him due to FFP!!!” The club is doing a lot of briefings right now…

Are the club doing a lot of briefings now or are the hacks just circling like vultures and firing out a lot of what is already circulating on social media? 

I’m not saying that some of it may not be genuine but I do think that the situation we find ourselves in is going to attract a lot of unwanted attention and speculation.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

But we shouldn't be needing to pay him anything. "No cure, no pay" = let the lawyers deal with it 😁

Hard/impossible to know what is true, but if any of it is, then it's starting to sound like Poch has lost the dressing room and more than that, the board have lost the belief from some of their signings. It just sounds like an absolute mess.

It's going to require someone with proper experience to come in and fix it, but that will require the board to accept they've got it wrong and have to listen to someone else tell them how things should be done and I'm not convinced they're the type of person to let that happen.

It could be a long, painful road ahead and I wouldn't be shocked if it resulted in us dropping down at least one division. 

1 minute ago, east lower said:

Like I said last night, the leaks or stuff being put out there shows everyone sniping at everyone else.

Place must be as toxic as you can get, IF TRUE.

Horrible place to ply your trade, no wonder at the first sign of adversity they jack it in.

What it needs, we can't afford. They tried the rip it up and start again approach and messed it up. Might have to do it and take the consequences  - but I'm not sure you can trust our owners to get it right.

I'm assuming that we sell at least two of Broja, Trev, Maatsen & Gallagher come the summer.  So then it's about moving 2-3 on from the assembled squad I guess? 

14 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Are the club doing a lot of briefings now or are the hacks just circling like vultures and firing out a lot of what is already circulating on social media? 

I’m not saying that some of it may not be genuine but I do think that the situation we find ourselves in is going to attract a lot of unwanted attention and speculation.

I absolutely do think the club is briefing - people question the integrity of journalists and that's fine. But all of the journalists release the same news as they did last season under Potter, all at exactly the same time. You could argue there's some orchestration or copying going on, but I think the simple reality is the club and ownership actively brief to the journos that there's nothing to worry about. Again - we saw exactly the same thing under Potter - I don't see the value for the journos in making up these rumours - surely would generate more interest if they made up rumours that Poch is about to be sacked, others may see differently.

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Hard/impossible to know what is true, but if any of it is, then it's starting to sound like Poch has lost the dressing room and more than that, the board have lost the belief from some of their signings. It just sounds like an absolute mess.

It's going to require someone with proper experience to come in and fix it, but that will require the board to accept they've got it wrong and have to listen to someone else tell them how things should be done and I'm not convinced they're the type of person to let that happen.

It could be a long, painful road ahead and I wouldn't be shocked if it resulted in us dropping down at least one division. 

I sort of don't think that Poch has lost the dressing room in the sense of falling out with a lot of players, although it sounds like him and Thiago are at real loggerheads. I don't think he is the type to rant and rave in the dressing room. I do feel that the players have lost complete confidence in him and that is bound to be the case given our results over the season. Just look at some of our supposedly key players - Caicedo, Enzo, Mudryk, Sterling - of course they need individual blame but they look like they do not have a clue out there. 

Personally I don't blame Poch that much as he has a terrible hand - but if you just keep failing to win and going on bad runs, how can players listen any more to instructions and team talks? You go from being excited to come into training to thinking "what is this guy talking about..." / "this guy is just gonna cause us to be hated even more by the fans"

2 hours ago, east lower said:

You know those two centre-halves that a few moan about on here that came from Monaco. Stamped by Mr Emenalo.

One of the biggest frauds in football, along with his slimy mate Average Grant. 

Good - No, just well connected. 

Edit: Not having a dig, but not much gets my heckles raised as much as those two and in particular Emenalo.

I know from previous on the old forum that we’re diametrically opposed on this character 👍

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Good article from the athletic free to read here in full https://archive.ph/upzQp

also confirming the view that some would never welcome Poch as he is ex spurs

High on entitlement - low on any titles likely to come there way for the next decade.  

I'm pretty sure many are trying to get away just as soon as possible.  The agents of Lavia and Caicedo will be contacting klopp right now to offer them to his next club pleeeease.

7 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

“It’s a couple of bad results after a positive month.”

And was it obvious what was about to happen after the "positive month".
Gonna say it :  I told everyone so.  Many times.  To much disagreement.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, east lower said:

I know from previous on the old forum that we’re diametrically opposed on this character 👍

It s not the opinion that matters - it is the language.