Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

14 minutes ago, east lower said:

I know from previous on the old forum that we’re diametrically opposed on this character 👍

The problem is he “Emenalo” is better than anyone at the club currently pretending to be sporting directors

Edited by ROTG

I think things are happening, but I think those things may well be planning for a change at the end of the season and lining someone up for then. We can't have another situation like last season when Lampard came in.

It feels a bit like "as long as we don't get relegated, that's ok", but this is Chelsea and that is not ok.

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think things are happening, but I think those things may well be planning for a change at the end of the season and lining someone up for then. We can't have another situation like last season when Lampard came in.

It feels a bit like "as long as we don't get relegated, that's ok", but this is Chelsea and that is not ok.

The next 4 matches:

Villa away replay - no chance, they will win comfortably

Palace away PL - possible to get a draw

ManC away PL - no chance, humiliation

Liverpool Final - possible to not be humiliated and maybe get a draw but lose on the penalties

This leaves us with a club and fans in dispair (in reality, we are already there)

2 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

The next 4 matches:

Liverpool Final - possible to not be humiliated and maybe get a draw but lose on the penalties

This leaves us with a club and fans in dispair (in reality, we are already there)

I think we are at a crossroads. After Wolves I said the defeat felt damaging and different, and maybe I was right. 🇳🇴🇳🇴🇳🇴

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Looks like everyone's been busy briefing since Sunday, the club, the players, the manager, all trying to blame one another.

Far too much noise in the last 48 hours to not think something is happening. 

You don't brief about the real events.  It is all about  Poch and the internal structure.  Ergo I'm very confident it is the ownship that is really being discussed.  And in US not in UK.

2 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

The next 4 matches:

This was just as true and predictable 2 games ago.  But for some reason most (or those still posting) were as happy as they had been for 18 months.
For me it was precisely as dysfuntional and mis-managed after the Boro win or the Villa draw as it is now.
But I see post counts have gone through the roof this week.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think it is kind of OK , it is what it is.

We have been dismantled by idiots 

We have employed untested executives 

We have an unbalanced squad 

Draw the line under another disaster class of a season , employ better , tweak the playing staff , get in someone with a bit of pride in themselves and Chelsea and we'll be back.

Next season , if none of that happens , then we will truly be in the doldrums .

I'm just glad Pochettino will be gone by then . 

I hear the players are not unhappy with Poch.  Which in most clubs would be v unusual.

But given it is the medics and the absurd squad list we started the season that are picking the team.

I guess no one has anything to blame Poch for at all.

All these rumblings in the media about the hand Pochettino has been dealt with an unbalanced squad and players missing due to injury just glosses over the fact that he hasn't been able to forge an identity , a way of playing or get the best out of the players he had at his disposal . If you haven't got any leaders in the squad you simply have to be the leader yourself and start micromanaging them so that they know exactly what you expect from them and how you want them to react both in and out of possession. 

You manage the situation you have been dealt and you coach the players to get the best out of them .

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that any of this has happened . 

• Agree 2

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

You manage the situation you have been dealt and you coach the players to get the best out of them .

Agree with that but you also need to manage the expectations of the fans and try to keep them onside.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sciatika said:

Agree with that but you also need to manage the expectations of the fans and try to keep them onside.

Well...he's not doing that either is he?

We can add that to the list , with passive acceptance of biased refereeing too!

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

The problem is he “Emenalo” is better than anyone at the club currently pretending to be sporting directors

He's a habit (a very good one for him personally) of turning up in the area's where the most money can be extracted for the least possible return.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think it is kind of OK , it is what it is.

We have been dismantled by idiots 

We have employed untested executives 

We have an unbalanced squad 

Draw the line under another disaster class of a season , employ better , tweak the playing staff , get in someone with a bit of pride in themselves and Chelsea and we'll be back.

Next season , if none of that happens , then we will truly be in the doldrums .

I'm just glad Pochettino will be gone by then . 

My big worry is, I'm pretty sure this is what we were saying about a year ago.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Dwmh said:

You don't brief about the real events.  It is all about  Poch and the internal structure.  Ergo I'm very confident it is the ownship that is really being discussed.  And in US not in UK.

Maybe but I don't care anymore, he's a dead man walking.

No way in a million years he gets a contact extension and he won't be going into next season with only one year left so whatever people are briefing, he's gone.

I spoke about what I had heard the other day that we don't want another interim and that makes sense. The only thing that may change that is Jose, whatever your views on him being the right man or not. The person that told me is the most reliable man I know when it comes to Chelsea related news, far more than any journalist out there so I would wager he's right. For me it's not a coincidence that one game after I heard about it we are getting all these stories coming out. It very much looks to me like things are being put in place to make a change.

You may well be right about the owners but Pochettino will not be around next season.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

All these rumblings in the media about the hand Pochettino has been dealt with an unbalanced squad and players missing due to injury just glosses over the fact that he hasn't been able to forge an identity , a way of playing or get the best out of the players he had at his disposal . If you haven't got any leaders in the squad you simply have to be the leader yourself and start micromanaging them so that they know exactly what you expect from them and how you want them to react both in and out of possession. 

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that any of this has happened . 

You'd have thought someone might have pointed out these issues and the board that created them a few months ago at least, wouldn't you.
Evidence - you only have to look at the September squad list.  4GKs was a clue.  20 over 21 players was a massive clue.  2 players out till December or longer (3 including Chalobah) was another clue.

36 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

My big worry is, I'm pretty sure this is what we were saying about a year ago.

And I'm pretty sure that a lot of the damage was done a year ago.  
Selling Jorginho, the long contract low wage claims (true or not) that made Chelsea no longer a suitable place of residence for a top footballer over the age of 19.  The absurd appointment of Lampard, whose ineffectiveness was well understood by almost all the then squad.

But it was only the squad list of September that was absolute proof. 

[And I was saying this two weeks ago when everyone else was telling me it was all getting better]

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

The person that told me is the most reliable man I know when it comes to Chelsea related news, far more than any journalist out there so I would wager he's right. For me it's not a coincidence that one game after I heard about it we are getting all these stories coming out. It very much looks to me like things are being put in place to make a change.

You may well be right about the owners but Pochettino will not be around next season.

it is a very low bar  🙂

You are probably right on Poch, but for me it is not the core issue at the club.
I guess a change of manager implies the board are still in control.  Which in turn would imply I have overstated the jeopardy the board are in.  

26 minutes ago, Bison said:

Not me, guv. 

You’d like to think this was pure deflection, but for the first time in a long time he may be right but possibly not for the correct reasons.

Maybe the gravity of the situation is sinking in. 

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

I think most fans would be fairly onside if we felt there was a plan or any sign of the development of the team.  But we just seem to lurch from game to game with the most likely outcome of us playing badly and losing. 

As far as I can tell, we're no closer to have a system, style or first XI than we were in July.  Injuries and the Board can be blamed for some things, but a complete lack of tactics, organisation and gameplan is the failure of one person. 

37 minutes ago, Bison said:

Not me, guv. 

Sums his performance up that really doesn't it. 

3 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

I think most fans would be fairly onside if we felt there was a plan or any sign of the development of the team.  But we just seem to lurch from game to game with the most likely outcome of us playing badly and losing. 

As far as I can tell, we're no closer to have a system, style or first XI than we were in July.  Injuries and the Board can be blamed for some things, but a complete lack of tactics, organisation and gameplan is the failure of one person. 

Sums his performance up that really doesn't it. 

Agree. But there are also little things that can be done. For instance, it is unforgivable for the players not to go to the fans at the end of the game, especially away, and thank them for their support. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Agree. But there are also little things that can be done. For instance, it is unforgivable for the players not to go to the fans at the end of the game, especially away, and thank them for their support. 

Totally agree.  As I said in another thread, standards come from the top.  If that doesn't happen once, then the Manager and leadership should have told the players exactly what is expected in that situation going forwards. 

Fans might be a bit more on board with him if he'd shown any of the qualities that help us gravitate towards a Coach.  He's done none of them. 

3 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

Totally agree.  As I said in another thread, standards come from the top.  If that doesn't happen once, then the Manager and leadership should have told the players exactly what is expected in that situation going forwards. 

Fans might be a bit more on board with him if he'd shown any of the qualities that help us gravitate towards a Coach.  He's done none of them. 

He's so passive it's like having Sergeant Wilson of Dad's Army in charge , everything's an "awful fag" 

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

He's so passive it's like having Sergeant Wilson of Dad's Army in charge , everything's an "awful fag" 

Bit harsh on Sgt Wilson that.  He always seemed the sensible one of the bunch.  

I think they're just stringing out the inevitable with Poch here though.  They don't want to sack him right now, but another crap result tomorrow night and/or at Palace and they might have to do it now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1