Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

Just now, Bert19 said:

Bit harsh on Sgt Wilson that.  He always seemed the sensible one of the bunch.  

I think they're just stringing out the inevitable with Poch here though.  They don't want to sack him right now, but another crap result tomorrow night and/or at Palace and they might have to do it now. 

Another crap result?  I'm afraid Wolves was not nearly as bad as some think, we doinated, created chances, 2 of their goals came from unfortunate deflections.  
Wolves was par for the season so far.  Random, no worse than that.

Meanwhile Liverpool was entirely expected, Villa was OK, and we won 5 out of 6 prior to that (with the loss to Middlesborough being not important over the 180 mins)

The forum has just gone from far too positive to overly negative in the short term, and it took 2 games (and a fair chunk of media attention).

The playing side is not the issue.

2 hours ago, east lower said:

He's a habit (a very good one for him personally) of turning up in the area's where the most money can be extracted for the least possible return.

IMO Stewart and Winstanley are doing the same. 

1 minute ago, Dwmh said:

Another crap result?  I'm afraid Wolves was not nearly as bad as some think, we doinated, created chances, 2 of their goals came from unfortunate deflections.  
Wolves was par for the season so far.  Random, no worse than that.

Meanwhile Liverpool was entirely expected, Villa was OK, and we won 5 out of 6 prior to that (with the loss to Middlesborough being not important over the 180 mins)

The forum has just gone from far too positive to overly negative in the short term, and it took 2 games (and a fair chunk of media attention).

The playing side is not the issue.

It’s a 48-54pts squad, so as long as poch meets those numbers he done an outstanding job. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, east lower said:

[Emenalo] He's a habit (a very good one for him personally) of turning up in the area's where the most money can be extracted for the least possible return.

Well given he is now doing it in Saudi a return to Chelsea will be the last thing on his mind.
Well apart from a return to watch his son in the Academy.

13 minutes ago, ROTG said:

IMO Stewart and Winstanley are doing the same. 

Mere novices in comparison, they've a way to go to catch up with one of the masters.

10 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Well given he is now doing it in Saudi a return to Chelsea will be the last thing on his mind.
Well apart from a return to watch his son in the Academy.

I'd hope it would be the last thing on a good few peoples minds. I also hope that there's a long career out there for him.

Rapid progression, I've read. Hopefully so, and hopefully on talent alone.

I have a theory that Poch is actually confused as to how we haven't won most of our games with the training and coaching that has gone into the players, despite their young age and inexperience.

"It's a head scratcher" said Poch.

play-sports-koningskoppel.gif.ed4e1768ac94b604aa1dd776619aca15.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Bit like the Luton game then?

Much much better than the Luton game.  Much closer on chances or quality or attitude.  
But rubbish finishing instead of amazing finishing.

Reminds me of "For me, pressure is bird flu. I’m feeling a lot of pressure with the problem in Scotland. It’s not fun and I’m more scared of it than football."

• Like 3

I've just seen the report of the press conference where Pochettino spoke about the farmers crops not growing etc in the Daily Mail and I kid you not , they love him , they honestly seem to believe that he's a wonderful coach and for me that absolutely convinces me that I am one hundred percent correct in my assessment that he's the worst coach we've had since Roman bought the club. 

When the Daily Mail think you're great it's a portent that the jig is up .

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I've just seen the report of the press conference where Pochettino spoke about the farmers crops not growing etc in the Daily Mail and I kid you not , they love him , they honestly seem to believe that he's a wonderful coach and for me that absolutely convinces me that I am one hundred percent correct in my assessment that he's the worst coach we've had since Roman bought the club. 

When the Daily Mail think you're great it's a portent that the jig is up .

They've taken his side against the evil American owners. Nothing more. 

Dean Acheson, Truman's Secretary of State:

Of course, a unique relation existed between Britain and America— our common language and history ensured that. But unique did not mean affectionate. We had fought England as an enemy as often as we had fought by her side as an ally’

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Has the "Special relationship" gone out the window already?

No the UK state  is still Muttley to the US Dick Dastardly.
What has long gone is the special relationship between states and their peoples.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

No the UK state  is still Muttley to the US Dick Dastardly.
What has long gone is the special relationship between states and their peoples.

That's a perfect description of how I see it too 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Biden’s America-hating hard left handlers. Sleepy Joe doesn’t know where he is unless he’s sniffing a child’s hair 

Those videos are REALLY concerning and creepy aren't they?

He's more concerned now with opening the borders to literally anyone who wants in, on the condition that they and their families vote democrat for the rest of their lives. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

It doesn't take long these days for the culture wars and the right or left-wing enforcers to come out and raise their voices.

The majority of people described as "on the right" are actually just bang in the centre. Whatever happened to the centre?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1