Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

11 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Let's stop the politics now, please.

Get back to the football as painful as it is at the moment.

I have to live with the reality of US politics,,,I don't come on here to just recycle the agenda driven opinions I am subject to 24/7 at home,,,SO... STOP THE BS AND CRY, ARGUE, CHEER OR BERATE as you see fit about Chelsea and the game.

An earnest OG polite request.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Whether you describe yourself as left, right, centrist or any variation on this, none of it is relevant to CFC and it's all an excuse for people to highjack this forum in order to force their political views on others.

No one is forcing views on anyone. Sit down. 👀

5 minutes ago, Bison said:

Would be interesting to have a politics thread in another section of the forum. 

Think that through...a subject discussed very early on in the rebirth days...on balance more harm than good...plenty of other places I'm sure for politics..too potentially incendiary .

I have strong views but see no reason for them to be on here unless relevant to a Chelsea/Football issue.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We have thought about this before, but have always thought better of it as we know how divisive it can be.

What's the worst that can happen, eh! Somebody exposes themselves as a Daily Mail reading, GB news watcher and all of their bad football opinions make sense all of a sudden. Would be pretty funny in my opinion. 

23 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We have thought about this before, but have always thought better of it as we know how divisive it can be.

That's because the Chelsea fanbase is divided  between the huge left right cultural  divide rather than the old economic  capitalist vs nationalization devide. It's possible to have the old arguments without falling out but not now with the horrible, devisive  culture war divide. Exactly the same problems as America and other western countries😟

Other football forums allow current politics but that's because the likes of Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and others are overwhelmingly left wing and very woke, so nowhere as split as our fanbase.

That's my two pennies worth anyway 🙂

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Bison said:

What's the worst that can happen, eh! Somebody exposes themselves as a Daily Mail reading, GB news watcher and all of their bad football opinions make sense all of a sudden. Would be pretty funny in my opinion. 

And that why it causes problems. You're already sneeringly disrespectful towards some fellow Chelsea fans with comments like that. No respect for those who have a different view,, so no sensible discussion can ever be had.😟

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

That's because the Chelsea fanbase is divided  between the huge left right cultural  divide rather than the old economic  capitalist vs nationalization devide. It's possible to have the old arguments without falling out but not now with the horrible, devisive  culture war divide. Exactly the same problems as America and other western countries😟

I'd say it was because the media is so dishonest that we mostly disagree on our interpretation of fact, not opinion.  But certainly with the old left/right issues it was easier to see where people were coming from and easier to interpret the media and facts.
The west, hand cart and hell.

30 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Other football forums allow current politics but that's because the likes of Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and others are overwhelmingly left wing and very woke, so nowhere as split as our fanbase.

Interesting point.  I wonder if all open discussion is like that.  That everything else gets hunted down and banned.

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Would be interesting to have a politics thread in another section of the forum. 

The problem is that you would only hear from the ones who believe in their moral and political outlook with absolute conviction. The one thing I know about those people is that nothing will persuade them to see a different point of view. I took a quick look at one of the other major (non-Chelsea) football boards that do this, and it seems to consist of people trying to bully each other with slogans they are certain are important without the benefit of knowing why.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Maybe I'm giddy from 45mins of CFC doing CFC things at villa and supped the drink at a quicker rate but....

Could the club not make some massive signings

These signings dont play, they don't coach, they don't scout, they aren't Todd

Getting some legendary players from UCL winners, from early Jose, from the 1970s cup team etc

The best of the best. Get a starting 11 that comes in and does a few days a month mentoring the current players in their team

Drogba with Jackson

Hazard with Madueke 

JT/Harris with the CBs

Etc etc

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Specific position training is something I'd like to be explored. Benni McCarthy at Utd looks after their strikers for example and his arrival sparked that resurgence from Rashford when he hit form last season.

It's an odd thing that we seem to have endless GK coaches (Toni Jimenez, Ben Roberts, Henrique Hilario, James Russell, Carlo Cudicini) and one defensive coach (Miguel d’Agostino), excluding Poch himself, but no midfield/striker coaches. Is that even a thing?

47 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

It's an odd thing that we seem to have endless GK coaches (Toni Jimenez, Ben Roberts, Henrique Hilario, James Russell, Carlo Cudicini) and one defensive coach (Miguel d’Agostino), excluding Poch himself, but no midfield/striker coaches. Is that even a thing?

Our strikers are uncoachable 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Very different experiences of Arsenal and Tottenham fans to me. But then "woke" means nothing, that should have been clear to everyone the minute a Tory MP called HS2 "woke", so it is impossible to know what anyone using that term is actually saying.

I've seen other forums do have dedicated spaces for it, but then have often been a little taken back by what most other club forums I have seen allow. Outright abuse and libel. Think we have it better this way. 

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Brighton extending their lead over us despite RDZ having a „bad season“ 😂😂😂😂😂😂

And yet, their players aren't better than ours, I wonder what the secret is? 

• Like 1

On 08/02/2024 at 15:20, thevelourfog said:

I've seen other forums do have dedicated spaces for it, but then have often been a little taken back by what most other club forums I have seen allow. Outright abuse and libel. 

Liverpool fans go much much further than abuse and libel.

They had to close down a thread relating to the murder of  the late Tory MP David Amess. It was closed due to the number of scum actiallh supporting the murder due to his evil crims of being a Conservative and Christian.

They are now advocating  for the assassination  of a certain person running for President of the USA while at the sane time expressing outrage at the death of Navalny. Certainly a case of a prison  sentence for advocating murder no matter what you think of a politician.

So much more extreme and nasty than people on here arguing about woke issues and our hapless government. Overall we are better of without a politics forum ensuring  such extremist views are never expressed .

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Brighton extending their lead over us despite RDZ having a „bad season“ 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Relitive to how difficult the job each manager has on their hands. 

I'll take a charity bet with you right now that if Poch stays next season we will finish above Brighton and quite comfortably too! 

4 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Liverpool fans go much much further than abuse and libel.

They had to close down a thread relating to the murder of  the late Tory MP David Amess. It was closed due to the number of scum actiallh supporting the murder due to his evil crims of being a Conservative and Christian.

My local MP. One of the good guys. A much loved man.  A real humanitarian and a rampant animal rights activist. 

He was actually murdered less than half a mile from my home and it caused shockwaves locally. 

To read this makes me equally angry and sad. 

Pathetic scum.  They always will be. 

• Agree 4