Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

Guest mrsm81

I'd rather not get de zerbi. I live in brighton and he's brilliant for the team. I don't think he'd survive the course at chelsea and would soon be picked to pieces. 

Seems to rely on all out attack, with very few second options. Brighton is right for him, chelsea?....think its too big

Guest mrsm81

Also as much as I've stuck with the boy, it's time to cash in on mudryk. If we can. He's exasperating to watch, he's got Werner syndrome- flatters to deceive. Time to hold our hands up, yes we made a mistake,  d move on.

On 21/02/2024 at 23:40, mrsm81 said:

Also as much as I've stuck with the boy, it's time to cash in on mudryk. If we can. He's exasperating to watch, he's got Werner syndrome- flatters to deceive. Time to hold our hands up, yes we made a mistake,  d move on.

As I said on the Mudryk thread, it's the total opposite. He doesn't flatter to deceive. He deceives to flatter.

He looks awful and has very nearly the best goal/assist stats in the squad.

If you sell him, you're selling him because of the optics and you had better replace him with someone very efficient.

There are other forward players in the squad achieving much less...

IMO he is young and perhaps immature and making mistakes, but he has improved on last season and if he can make a similar jump next season, he can still become an important player for us.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I find Mudryk such a puzzle...perhaps this should be on the M dedicated posts but following on from the above...

To my somewhat untrained eye he makes one or two amazing passes or ball use per game then is back in the familiar scenarios as listed by many..correctly .... many seem to be coming around to the lack of coaching .....or lack of coaching response?

I have no agenda re the player just I see ..as I said...the occasional brilliant flash,,,gone before you can really absorb it.

Sterling gets a lot of credit for the 1 in 5 good though spotty performance ..just as frustrating and annoying as Mudryk in his own way but very little constant questioning ...just acceptance ?

Just saying.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

HMM...Typical media crap.....No to London clubs out of Chelsea Love/Loyalty when Manure are as "disliked" by the faithful as any London "rival"?.... I hazard a guess that Fulham are far more regarded than manure and many a red clad side by the faithful!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Per 90 this isn't backed up by the stats. Only Madueke is achieving much less. Mudryk is around the others, not at the top.

*Jackson shuffles nervously towards the door, hoping not to be noticed.*

*Meanwhile, Sterling sits and desperately gropes for a reason as to why the "disaster" that is Mudryk has the exact same goals and assists per minute as he does, what with him being a seasoned international, having played 11 seasons in the PL and earning £325k per week...*

*Palmer smiles smugly to himself and counts to 120 seconds, realising, all too late, that is all that separates him from abject ridicule*

😆

The Poch will never be a Chelsea "Dynasty" coach.... just an average middle of the table chair warmer keeping Chelsea at a West Ham type level (at best) as led by Moyes (and others)...and that is as about kind I can be.

Charge the cannons Man...don't just get shuffled back through inertia .......

Bring in Jose?..... if he came and failed it wouldn't be with a whimper. That's what is so painful.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, chara said:

The Poch will never be a Chelsea "Dynasty" coach.... just an average middle of the table chair warmer keeping Chelsea at a West Ham type level (at best) as led by Moyes (and others)...and that is as about kind I can be.

Charge the cannons Man...don't just get shuffled back through inertia .......

Bring in Jose?..... if he came and failed it wouldn't be with a whimper. That's what is so painful.

And do you know what? For all the blame that you can attach to the players, and rightly so, it IS just like watching Spurs play and that is down to the manager. The more teenagers Klopp brought on it became more and more evident that we were going to lose because we do not have a winner at the club. Not the players and certainly not the manager.

• Agree 1

And let's not fool ourselves that had we gone ahead we'd have stayed ahead, Pochettino would have had them tip tapping in fear on the edge of our own area until Liverpool equalised. 

Remember the"Battle of the bridge"? 

Spurs were two nil up in a game that could have almost won them the league and they drew and came third in a two horse race because of him. 

He's a serial loser. 

And a coward. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

And let's not fool ourselves that had we gone ahead we'd have stayed ahead, Pochettino would have had them tip tapping in fear on the edge of our own area until Liverpool equalised. 

Remember the"Battle of the bridge"? 

Spurs were two nil up in a game that could have almost won them the league and they drew and came third in a two horse race because of him. 

He's a serial loser. 

And a coward. 

The 2-2 draw - great point Mr K

My fear is that Pochettino has infected the players with his loser mentality. They are young and impressionable and instead of filling them with confidence and self belief they look timid, scared of their own shadows. Today was the perfect example of when a self respecting manager would tell the players to go out in extra time and seize the moment. Instead he tells them to play for penalties! He’s an effing loser and the longer he stays at the club the more damage he does. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Original 21 said:

My fear is that Pochettino has infected the players with his loser mentality. They are young and impressionable and instead of filling them with confidence and self belief they look timid, scared of their own shadows. Today was the perfect example of when a self respecting manager would tell the players to go out in extra time and seize the moment. Instead he tells them to play for penalties! He’s an effing loser and the longer he stays at the club the more damage he does. 

I'm far from being a Poch fan but there's no way he instructed them to play for penalties. 

19 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'm far from being a Poch fan but there's no way he instructed them to play for penalties. 

I think we have to look to what actually happened .

1 - we were all over them , they were hanging on to the game by a thread 

2- Pochettino speaks to them for five minutes

3- ten men behind the ball in a rear guard action  on the edge of our own area for 28 minutes of extra time

He may not have told them to play for penalties but you can guarantee he was telling them to be cautious , invite them on and try to hit them on the break and not to be too impatient to get forward.

When there are no leaders on the pitch you at least need one off it and he's no leader of men .

They must know that.

• Agree 1

Just now, JaneB said:

I mean I was happy when Poch first came, I had high hopes but I think my goodwill has run out.  We should have easily won that match yesterday but it's disappointment after disappointment and I'm getting so bored of supporting Chelsea.  Everything is rotten to the core and I feel so helpless.  How did it come to this?

And it's obviously not all on Poch.  The owners, the set up, the injuries, team spirit, lack of confidence, signing dud players and the complete inability of those whose job it is to score goals to actually do so.  My 2 year old granddaughter has just started at Little Kickers and she can get the ball in the net more often than they can.

Disgrace all round, and even if Poch did go, who would come in his place?  And how would they work within this rotten set up?

As I've said before, I really wish Frank could find the backing to buy the club and then we'd be Chelsea again and start re-building.  He might not have been a great manager but he'd make a terrific owner.  Pie in the sky no doubt 😞 

Hi jane 

I feel your pain , however , almost any coach in our division would be able to get a better tune out of the players at their disposal than Pochettino , I dare say even a clown like Moyes would have them organised and each knowing their scheme in things.

The players aren't world beaters , we can all see that , but Pochettino the great improver hasn't improved one of them .

He has cowardice ingrained in him and a refusal to learn from his mistakes .

He's a lemon 

Once he goes we will improve I bet my bottom dollar on it. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Hi jane 

I feel your pain , however , almost any coach in our division would be able to get a better tune out of the players at their disposal than Pochettino , I dare say even a clown like Moyes would have them organised and each knowing their scheme in things.

The players aren't world beaters , we can all see that , but Pochettino the great improver hasn't improved one of them .

He has cowardice ingrained in him and a refusal to learn from his mistakes .

He's a lemon 

Once he goes we will improve I bet my bottom dollar on it. 

Kind of feels like that scenario many of us have had at work where you have a crap, lazy or underwhelming manager and the second they go, everyone just breathes out.  Someone competent arrives and they don't even have to be spectacular, just being a manager that expects some proper standards improves things. 

• Agree 3

Just now, Bert19 said:

Kind of feels like that scenario many of us have had at work where you have a crap, lazy or underwhelming manager and the second they go, everyone just breathes out.  Someone competent arrives and they don't even have to be spectacular, just being a manager that expects some proper standards improves things. 

Exactly 

The narrative we need a "top" coach is nonsense , we need a coach 

• Agree 1