Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Hi jane 

I feel your pain , however , almost any coach in our division would be able to get a better tune out of the players at their disposal than Pochettino , I dare say even a clown like Moyes would have them organised and each knowing their scheme in things.

The players aren't world beaters , we can all see that , but Pochettino the great improver hasn't improved one of them .

He has cowardice ingrained in him and a refusal to learn from his mistakes .

He's a lemon 

Once he goes we will improve I bet my bottom dollar on it. 

Thank you Mark.  As wise and kind as ever.

I’m just lashing out!!!

The rest of the season is going to be dire, pointless and painful to behold 🍋

• Agree 3

10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Exactly 

The narrative we need a "top" coach is nonsense , we need a coach 

I mean, I wouldn't be against a top coach 😄

Maybe we could ask Bayern Munich if they want to do a swap? Their coach is good and I heard he's leaving at the end of the season... 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

The next coach must be a true leader, with the right mentality to elevate our beloved Chelsea back to where we want it to be and where it should be.

Yes, this is needed not just for the players but also to set standards for the new owners and everyone below. I didn't think it was the way forward this summer given the profile of player we were recruiting, but now it is desperately needed to stop the slide in to mediocracy ( or rather slipping even further below the mediocracy)

Jose or Antonio in for a couple of years to build some mentality and leadership into the players. We know they won't last more than coupe of years, and we would need to take a different path after then anyway. Don't give them full reign on transfers but allow them to bring in a couple of older experienced payers into the squad. We lack any kind of talismanic player in the squad and the current set up is unlikely to create on either.

We've all seen that these players are capable of playing better than they currently are, as Martin pointed out in more detail elsewhere, it feels like we are currently playing at a level less than the sum of our parts. That is on Poch and his lack of coaching, we need someone to come in and drill these players and set the tone. Lamps said in a recent interview that he was shocked at the standards around the place

The problem is the above will require the owners to eat some humble pie, admit they don't know best, and not just look for a yes man to toe the company line

• Like 2

Petrovic not getting a look in until Sanchez was injured.

Chilwell starting the season LW.

Colwill playing 16 games at LB.

Caicedo becoming a shadow of the monster he was last season, being left completely isolated as a DM when that's not his position.

Enzo, was without doubt our best player from January onwards last season, levels above everyone. Absolutely useless under Pochettino 

Mudryk being destroyed.

Gallagher becoming our number 10 when our midfield 2 don't work and we have Madueke so Plamer could play there or.......

Nkunku who is probably our best attacker, by some distance, who has been back for 10 weeks yet sits on the bench only to come on and be played out of position.

That's before you even get into the tactics, substitutions,  results and most importantly performaces.

He's ruined every single player. Not one has improved from where they were before he came. They have all gotten much worse.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

Petrovic not getting a look in until Sanchez was injured.

Chilwell starting the season LW.

Colwill playing 16 games at LB.

Caicedo becoming a shadow of the monster he was last season, being left completely isolated as a DM when that's not his position.

Enzo, was without doubt our best player from January onwards last season, levels above everyone. Absolutely useless under Pochettino 

Mudryk being destroyed.

Gallagher becoming our number 10 when our midfield 2 don't work and we have Madueke so Plamer could play there or.......

Nkunku who is probably our best attacker, by some distance, who has been back for 10 weeks yet sits on the bench only to come on and be played out of position.

That's before you even get into the tactics, substitutions,  results and most importantly performaces.

He's ruined every single player. Not one has improved from where they were before he came. They have all gotten much worse.

I really couldn't agree more but I feel the club don't see it or don't want to see it in all probability 

19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I really couldn't agree more but I feel the club don't see it or don't want to see it in all probability 

Before the Liverpool game, we were 1 point behind United and 4 behind West Ham who were 6th, I was told Poch was gone in the summer, whatever happens and that was at a time when things were potentially looking a bit better. We are now 9 points behind United who are Ironically in 6th place.

We've gone 8 points behind them, in 4 games, lost all chance of Europa League, which I genuinely believe would have been better than qualifying for the champions league, for this group of players and now had our pants pulled down by the Liverpool youth team.

I have 100% confidence in the man that told me and I appreciate that means nothing to anyone else but just think he called it pretty early, at a time when we were doing a bit better and a half decent season was in sight. It was a strange time for him to talk about it, although admittedly not that hard to predict that we would completely flop from the Liverpool game onwards but you'll just have to trust me when I say, when this man talks, which isn't very often, about things going on behind the scenes anyway, we all listen.

39 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Before the Liverpool game, we were 1 point behind United and 4 behind West Ham who were 6th, I was told Poch was gone in the summer, whatever happens and that was at a time when things were potentially looking a bit better. We are now 9 points behind United who are Ironically in 6th place.

We've gone 8 points behind them, in 4 games, lost all chance of Europa League, which I genuinely believe would have been better than qualifying for the champions league, for this group of players and now had our pants pulled down by the Liverpool youth team.

I have 100% confidence in the man that told me and I appreciate that means nothing to anyone else but just think he called it pretty early, at a time when we were doing a bit better and a half decent season was in sight. It was a strange time for him to talk about it, although admittedly not that hard to predict that we would completely flop from the Liverpool game onwards but you'll just have to trust me when I say, when this man talks, which isn't very often, about things going on behind the scenes anyway, we all listen.

But Martin,,,,,not questioning your post at all....if it such a certain thing surely there must be a lined up replacement?

The "owners" did what everyone shouted on about..me too...and took a step back bringing in "Football People".....I think there is the biggest failing.... I'm a "Football Person"..I have some keeper experience and insight and have coached BUT the idea of me trying to coach PC or the keeper group now is beyond laughable.

Sure you all see my point.

Edited by chara

1 hour ago, chara said:

But Martin,,,,,not questioning your post at all....if it such a certain thing surely there must be a lined up replacement?

The "owners" did what everyone shouted on about..me too...and took a step back bringing in "Football People".....I think there is the biggest failing.... I'm a "Football Person"..I have some keeper experience and insight and have coached BUT the idea of me trying to coach PC or the keeper group now is beyond laughable.

Sure you all see my point.

What are you look at "Football Manager" on the PC? 

That's all the qualifications you need to build an Empire at Chelsea these days 

Back in the "bad old days" those of us who can remember those times went to SB in hope,

Regardless of the results and good/bad performances by the sides put out we still felt a "connection" and related to the sides and identified with our Chelsea...good/bad it was still "Our Chelsea"

Am I the only one who feels far adrift from those days and feelings of Club identity?

I remember so so long ago a mate explaining to me what it meant to support one's club,,of course Chelsea but relevant elsewhere.....he referred to the fact that generally speaking the faithful talking among themselves generally referred to players by their first names or nick names......

Very rarely do I see that in action these days...not completely extinguished but a telling "give" ?

Make any sense to anyone?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, chara said:

Back in the "bad old days" those of us who can remember those times went to SB in hope,

Regardless of the results and good/bad performances by the sides put out we still felt a "connection" and related to the sides and identified with our Chelsea...good/bad it was still "Our Chelsea"

Am I the only one who feels far adrift from those days and feelings of Club identity?

I remember so so long ago a mate explaining to me what it meant to support one's club,,of course Chelsea but relevant elsewhere.....he referred to the fact that generally speaking the faithful talking among themselves generally referred to players by their first names or nick names......

Very rarely do I see that in action these days...not completely extinguished but a telling "give" ?

Make any sense to anyone?

Would the club formerly known as Chelsea please stand up.

• Love 2

10 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

TRUTH!

The press really are the "Fat Mo appreciation society" 

We have a squad far , far better than tenth 

What we have is a rotten , cowardly coach with no tactical acumen who's substitutions lose us games we should be winning on a weekly basis but is liked by the media.

This is a man who has more failures on his CV than victories , a man whose entire career is founded on the efficacy of Harry Kane , Son Heung-min and  Toby Alderweireld , a man who can't get the best out of any of our players and has just lost a final we were in the ascendancy in through his own cowardice and dreadful game management .

He's a bigger dud than this bloke:

dudley_moore_bw.jpg

Pochettino doesn't deserve a new contract so you under normal circumstances you would think he is going to be sacked at the end of the season. 

Unless those running the club think it'll be perfectly normal for Pochettino to still be here next year talking about developing a team for the future all whilst having less than a year left on his contract. 

On 23/02/2024 at 15:31, chara said:

I find Mudryk such a puzzle...perhaps this should be on the M dedicated posts but following on from the above...

To my somewhat untrained eye he makes one or two amazing passes or ball use per game then is back in the familiar scenarios as listed by many..correctly .... many seem to be coming around to the lack of coaching .....or lack of coaching response?

I have no agenda re the player just I see ..as I said...the occasional brilliant flash,,,gone before you can really absorb it.

Sterling gets a lot of credit for the 1 in 5 good though spotty performance ..just as frustrating and annoying as Mudryk in his own way but very little constant questioning ...just acceptance ?

Just saying.

Sterling scores the odd goal that helps.

So.....on the assumption (yeah I know what "assume" breaks down as!) that Poch will be gone end of season ,,,sure there are others but as far as I can see available as in out of work ..TT,,Jose..Klopp..and less seriously,Roy and Frank....not as up on things as most of you but any other real names out there readily available as opposed to contract buy out etc? ?

Twillight Zone musings on my part..it's all a big Con and Klopp is lined up for SB  done and dusted...in the real Football World it would "offend" me somewhat but oh the absolute melt down of "that" City...riots in the streets..marches on Parliament..appeals to HM.(😝) and the Mersey overflowing with tears and Kloppy shirts...if only!

OG..on Leeds....it might be hard for some of the young 25 year long Chelsea fans but for my generation and around the Leeds "dislike' is still hot.strong and valid!,,,Hope The Poch understands that.... could make me into a "go now ' er" rather than at the end of the season'ish thinker.

I love how the people saying it's way too soon to judge Poch have disappeared. Funny how time passes and those "early movers" who could recognise a disaster unfolding as early as the United game or even before have proved to be right. It would be great if those who said it was too soon would admit now that it wasn't too soon - and that they got it wrong. But such is the world!

Just now, Max Fowler said:

I love how the people saying it's way too soon to judge Poch have disappeared. Funny how time passes and those "early movers" who could recognise a disaster unfolding as early as the United game or even before have proved to be right. It would be great if those who said it was too soon would admit now that it wasn't too soon - and that they got it wrong. But such is the world!

Even though I was probably an "early mover" I think in balance It was too early to really tell , it's not now though . 

It's bleeding obvious . 

25 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I wanted him here and during pre-season I was really excited. But I’m happy to admit that while our shithead players are also to blame, as are the clowns running our club into the ground, it isn’t gonna work out with Maurice Cappuccino. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I wanted him here and during pre-season I was really excited. But I’m happy to admit that while our shithead players are also to blame, as are the clowns running our club into the ground, it isn’t gonna work out with Maurice Cappuccino. 

Pre season and how good we looked was the first indication that Mo was a Schmo .

Everything fine and dandy , scoring goals for fun , loses one player , shits the bed.