Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Pre season and how good we looked was the first indication that Mo was a Schmo .

Everything fine and dandy , scoring goals for fun , loses one player , shits the bed.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Mo was a schmo 🤣🤣🤣🤣

🛌 💩🤣🤣

Speaking of injury where’s our £50m Lavia?!

3 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Mo was a schmo 🤣🤣🤣🤣

🛌 💩🤣🤣

Speaking of injury where’s our £50m Lavia?!

Back out training on grass again. 

• Agree 1

Sunday was another game where we conceded a goal in the last 10 minutes of a game. 

I believe that we are the third worst in the league for doing this, in front of two clubs in the bottom three only. 

There’s literally nothing this bloke does that improves the team, in play. Said it before, he displays the same level of incompetence as AVB.

27 minutes ago, east lower said:

It’s their revenge for AVB.

They’ve nothing to complain about - we gave them Gallas, Venables, Smith, Greaves, Cudicini and Gudjohnson - and only one a real dud (Parker) - while they gave us Lee, Roberts, Hoddle and Hazard. I’d say they got a fair deal. Even taking into account AVB.

34 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

They’ve nothing to complain about - we gave them Gallas, Venables, Smith, Greaves, Cudicini and Gudjohnson - and only one a real dud (Parker) - while they gave us Lee, Roberts, Hoddle and Hazard. I’d say they got a fair deal. Even taking into account AVB.

Durie, Poyet, José, Conte

I knew we we in trouble with this manager and squad when we huffed and puffed against nine men Spurs for nearly 55 minutes whilst they played suicidal tactics by defending on the half way line. The fact that fatty and most of the players were so thick not to figure out that playing a ball over the top of their stagnant defence to our speedy attackers was going to reep dividends blows my mind. The last 30 minutes against Liverpool was an extension of the cluelessness that runs through our club.

• Agree 1

If we sack him and go for an interim, we'll lose 90% of our games left this season. There is no one to step in who the players know, respect and would have to fear would still be around after May to remember how they reacted. It really would be suicide, and there is no way that him being here for another dozen or so games would have a worse long-term impact on the players than losing literally every week and watching other players throw in the towel.

And there is no chance of us getting anyone good to join immediately in March. Getting anyone good at all will be a big enough ask.

It doesn't matter any more what the result is tonight, limping on is the only viable option.

2 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

If we sack him and go for an interim, we'll lose 90% of our games left this season. There is no one to step in who the players know, respect and would have to fear would still be around after May to remember how they reacted. It really would be suicide, and there is no way that him being here for another dozen or so games would have a worse long-term impact on the players than losing literally every week and watching other players throw in the towel.

And there is no chance of us getting anyone good to join immediately in March. Getting anyone good at all will be a big enough ask.

It doesn't matter any more what the result is tonight, limping on is the only viable option.

Whilst I agree, if and without going through the ins and outs of whether or not its should be him, we go for Jose then there's not much stopping it happening now.

Personally I'd wait until the summer regardless. 

• Agree 1

Yeah , even I think we should wait until the end now , it's gone on too long for a few more sub par results to matter really 

He seems bullish about what fantastic work they're all doing , who knows , we might get to see a glimpse of it before the seasons end.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yeah , even I think we should wait until the end now , it's gone on too long for a few more sub par results to matter really 

He seems bullish about what fantastic work they're all doing , who knows , we might get to see a glimpse of it before the seasons end.

Agree with you Mark...all feels a bit different from past "Bad moments" and coach issues...I just get the feeling that WE collectively have just slumped our shoulders in defeat and know the season (and any progress under the present coach) is shot, resignation not anger, bewilderment and acceptance that nothing will change until some character emerges on the touchline and on the pitch.

Not with a bang,,just a whimper,,,that is the deepest cut.

• Agree 2

On 28/02/2024 at 16:32, Mark Kelly said:

Hmmmm.......I wish I could join in on your pragmatic optimism 😁

On 28/02/2024 at 16:08, chara said:

Agree with you Mark...all feels a bit different from past "Bad moments" and coach issues...I just get the feeling that WE collectively have just slumped our shoulders in defeat and know the season (and any progress under the present coach) is shot, resignation not anger, bewilderment and acceptance that nothing will change until some character emerges on the touchline and on the pitch.

We’ve known success at varying levels for 20+ years, which is all that younger fans have experienced. This is what come back and kickback at the ownership. 

If my reading of that demographic is correct and it’s a bit of a generalisation, if the team doesn’t serve up success and decent entertainment, then patience and dedication are no longer a given for fans and that fan base dissipates and all that goes along with that. 

There are also the other pulls away from attending matches and buying merchandise that the younger generations have. God only knows how people afford to live in the south-east these days.

There’ll always be the die-hard in all age groups, but I see those as diminishing.

To accept mediocrity is a dangerous concept in any situation - personal, business or sport. Why? Because quite quickly it becomes the norm and that is completely unacceptable. 

Accept a dud, accepting less than excellence and that’s a disease, a virus that spreads and in my opinion that’s one of the reasons that Roman was such a great owner. He recognised that as a consequence of mediocrity and snubbed it out quickly, only accepting excellence and success.

And that’s why he has to go now.

• Like 1

On 28/02/2024 at 16:08, chara said:

Personally, I don't feel this way. I do have the feeling you describe when I watch our players make the same stupid mistake on a game by game basis. However, I don't have that same feeling that all is lost under this manager.

I feel the need to caveat this though. Have I seen enough from Poch to suggest he is the man to lead Chelsea to challenge for a title in the next 5 years? The answer to that would be a steadfast no. I don't believe he is that man.

I am of the belief that he has improved the situation at the club, when you take into account the situation he inherited here (before anyone posts Potter points per game etc etc- I am not interested and it is meaningless). We have definitely improved from last season, with a squad of players that on the most part, are almost learning on the job at the very highest level.

If I were to rate Poch performance this season so far, I would say 7/10. The players clearly enjoy playing for him, he has managed to keep a positive spirit amongst the players, he has managed to pull of important results during difficult periods when situations can turn. He has managed to product some good football along the way at times. Managing this football club right now is a very difficult job. We have virtually zero leadership at the club (Thiago Silva only and appears likely its his last season here), and we have had many players at the club who have played less that 100 senior league appearances prior to arriving, and often in much less demanding leagues. 

Poch signed a two year contract. My opinion on whether he should see that 2nd season here, does also depend on how this season ends, but also what our intentions are in the transfer market this summer. If we continue to see some positive signs (subjective) and results, then I think a 2nd season of the players working with him, plus 2-3 good additions could turn out a good call. I see this season and next season to some degree, as a period where some stability is required. Let these young players continue to work with the same manager and see if they can grow, and improve with some stability. I think we will improve with some stability, and with some leadership and experience added to the ranks ( no excuses to not address this in the summer). 

I think a few need to be careful what they wish for here. If we continue to sign young and inexperienced players in the summer, then throw another new manager into the mix with them in the summer. Don't be surprised to see further retrograde steps at the club.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Personally, I don't feel this way. I do have the feeling you describe when I watch our players make the same stupid mistake on a game by game basis. However, I don't have that same feeling that all is lost under this manager.

I feel the need to caveat this though. Have I seen enough from Poch to suggest he is the man to lead Chelsea to challenge for a title in the next 5 years? The answer to that would be a steadfast no. I don't believe he is that man.

I am of the belief that he has improved the situation at the club, when you take into account the situation he inherited here (before anyone posts Potter points per game etc etc- I am not interested and it is meaningless). We have definitely improved from last season, with a squad of players that on the most part, are almost learning on the job at the very highest level.

If I were to rate Poch performance this season so far, I would say 7/10. The players clearly enjoy playing for him, he has managed to keep a positive spirit amongst the players, he has managed to pull of important results during difficult periods when situations can turn. He has managed to product some good football along the way at times. Managing this football club right now is a very difficult job. We have virtually zero leadership at the club (Thiago Silva only and appears likely its his last season here), and we have had many players at the club who have played less that 100 senior league appearances prior to arriving, and often in much less demanding leagues. 

Poch signed a two year contract. My opinion on whether he should see that 2nd season here, does also depend on how this season ends, but also what our intentions are in the transfer market this summer. If we continue to see some positive signs (subjective) and results, then I think a 2nd season of the players working with him, plus 2-3 good additions could turn out a good call. I see this season and next season to some degree, as a period where some stability is required. Let these young players continue to work with the same manager and see if they can grow, and improve with some stability. I think we will improve with some stability, and with some leadership and experience added to the ranks ( no excuses to not address this in the summer). 

I think a few need to be careful what they wish for here. If we continue to sign young and inexperienced players in the summer, then throw another new manager into the mix with them in the summer. Don't be surprised to see further retrograde steps at the club.

7/10. With all the respect I can muster, you’re the only person in the Milky Way who thinks that. 

On 28/02/2024 at 15:32, Mark Kelly said:

Who would you get in, Mr K?

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

7/10. With all the respect I can muster, you’re the only person in the Milky Way who thinks that. 

And that's absolutely fine, with all the respect I can muster, your regular contribution is childish nonsense about Lukaku eating kebabs, pizza or whatever other fast food.......so I think I can live with being poles apart with you on this......bro!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

Word on the street is that Pochettino's "methods" truly start to bare fruit in the second season , so who knows? You may get your wish for him to stay , maybe we'll spend a king's ransom and get Kane and Son to join too , just to prove his doubters wrong !

I am I know, overly critical of the man but it is purely based on him making things harder than they need to be by playing players out of position to suit a formation he's wedded to and his sheer timidity when we play anyone , he's so conservative to the point of cowardice , now he says he didn't tell them to play for penalties in the cup  but it strikes me as odd that we were once more putting the opposition  under the cosh in midweek , he speaks to the players at half time and they then spend the majority of the half cowering around their own box , and I'm as certain as I can be that he's reigning them in as he's more concerned with throwing the lead away than cementing it , we also regularly see his substitutions throw games away for no apparent reason because they're based on the same principle.