Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

2 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

And that's absolutely fine, with all the respect I can muster, your regular contribution is childish nonsense about Lukaku eating kebabs, pizza or whatever other fast food.......so I think I can live with being poles apart with you on this......bro!

Wow! Touchy Thiago! You only have to look at Rom to see I’m right 🤪He’s a disgrace of a player and person imo. 

51 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Word on the street is that Pochettino's "methods" truly start to bare fruit in the second season , so who knows? You may get your wish for him to stay , maybe we'll spend a king's ransom and get Kane and Son to join too , just to prove his doubters wrong !

I am I know, overly critical of the man but it is purely based on him making things harder than they need to be by playing players out of position to suit a formation he's wedded to and his sheer timidity when we play anyone , he's so conservative to the point of cowardice , now he says he didn't tell them to play for penalties in the cup  but it strikes me as odd that we were once more putting the opposition  under the cosh in midweek , he speaks to the players at half time and they then spend the majority of the half cowering around their own box , and I'm as certain as I can be that he's reigning them in as he's more concerned with throwing the lead away than cementing it , we also regularly see his substitutions throw games away for no apparent reason because they're based on the same principle. 

On the cup final, I think he got things wrong with his tactical implementation, but for slightly different reasons.

I don't think he did suggest we look for penalties, I can't buy that at all. However, I do think he tried to get us to sit in more and look for opportunities to hit them on the break. Where and why I think he got this wrong is, I think he had too much faith in them to carry this out. They switch off mentally , they make stupid and naive mistakes, and they don't know the game well enough to sit in and plug gaps, without giving up opportunities.

We lost all momentum at virtually every restart of this game, but most specifically in extra time. So i think Poch does need to take quite a bit of responsibility for not getting the team over the line in that game, but I dont believe it was anything to do with penalties. I can't see any evidence in the last 6 months of watching these players that suggests they were capable of playing smart and organised football, without making stupid mistakes. So it did baffle me slightly why he thought they could.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Personally I prefer Pochettino's interviews 🤣🤣🤣

I know I'm biased but I honestly struggle to understand what on earth he's talking about, he seems to give a quarter of an answer to a question then zoom off on a tangent that only he knows what he's talking about. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I know I'm biased but I honestly struggle to understand what on earth he's talking about, he seems to give a quarter of an answer to a question then zoom off on a tangent that only he knows what he's talking about. 

Couldn’t agree more.  A complete borefest and waste of time 🥱

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

God I miss this. Just about peak Jose. Still love him to bits! Defending us like that. No one else does it better. @Mark Kelly @JaneB

Wow, bought so many memories back!!  He really knew how important winning that first cup was, and  against Liverpool too! Makes losing the final to them last week even more depressing, imagine if it had been the beginning of something so beautiful as the Chelsea we once knew 🥹

• Love 1

21 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Jose from those that are available , with JT as a buffer like Steve Clarke before him.

Like a dream but I don't think it's realistic 😁😁 btw are we sure them two are buddies at all? There must have been frictions from time to time, and maybe more frequent than we are aware of

I think there's no chance he's here beyond May and while I feel no particular sadness about that, I can't muster much enthusiasm either. Hard to be invested in a new coach when every other single problem will still be here. I think anyone who genuinely thinks we'd be all that much better just for a change of coach is having a laugh tbh. We drag down anyone we come into contact with.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I think there's no chance he's here beyond May and while I feel no particular sadness about that, I can't muster much enthusiasm either. Hard to be invested in a new coach when every other single problem will still be here. I think anyone who genuinely thinks we'd be all that much better just for a change of coach is having a laugh tbh. We drag down anyone we come into contact with.

I honestly do , on the playing side , the rest of the nonsense will continue ad nauseum.

6 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I honestly do , on the playing side , the rest of the nonsense will continue ad nauseum.

The big problem too is that our players only seem together when they’re winning (rare enough as it is!). There’s no real spirit - they don’t even seem to like each other. 

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

The big problem too is that our players only seem together when they’re winning (rare enough as it is!). There’s no real spirit - they don’t even seem to like each other. 

Making stuff up now.  

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Not at all. It’s how I see it. Do you see a united team that fights for each other? Because I sure don’t. 

I am sure many players have team mates they are close to and some they are less close to. Basically like any community or workplace.  I see a team of players who at a minimum don't fully understand each other and are poorly led. I don't think we can infer from some poor performances (whether "bottling" or not) that they don't like each other. 

8 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Not at all. It’s how I see it. Do you see a united team that fights for each other? Because I sure don’t. 

Interesting, because I see a group that really comes together whenever we put the ball into the back of the net. There's always going to be outliers that aren't as close to each other as others may be, but overall and considering the up an down nature of our performances, we continue to look a pretty close group. A lot of teams, particularly young ones, could've easily crumbled from a moral aspect given the season we've had. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Interesting, because I see a group that really comes together whenever we put the ball into the back of the net. There's always going to be outliers that aren't as close to each other as others may be, but overall and considering the up an down nature of our performances, we continue to look a pretty close group. A lot of teams, particularly young ones, could've easily crumbled from a moral aspect given the season we've had. 

Mentioned it before but the best CD I played behind,meaning the one I felt completely in tune with on the pitch and him with me once away from the pitch we had little time for each other...less dislike than indifference but my goodness he was a joy to play with and we made a great mini team...both got transferred to the same higher side so something that was visible to others.....as with every side I ever played with at any level the game is the thing and goals are a team result and I never played in a game at any level that didn't have everyone together,,,and I played with some real shits but for 90 minutes that didn't count..just a view point.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Yes, when we score it’s fine. It’s when we’re up against it is my point. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chelsea_Matt said:

I think you're being a tad harsh my friend , they look like they're quite a tight knit bunch to me , there will be cliques I'm sure , there are at most clubs I'd expect and given the fact that they're literally lambs to the slaughter with this idiot in charge who's ideas of coaching seem to be " make them so worn out with running they won't question why they're not getting any instruction in anything" it's a wonder we aren't doing even worse.

On balance I think I'd rather have Potter in charge . 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think you're being a tad harsh my friend , they look like they're quite a tight knit bunch to me , there will be cliques I'm sure , there are at most clubs I'd expect and given the fact that they're literally lambs to the slaughter with this idiot in charge who's ideas of coaching seem to be " make them so worn out with running they won't question why they're not getting any instruction in anything" it's a wonder we aren't doing even worse.

On balance I think I'd rather have Potter in charge . 

I don’t know. I hold my hands up as I wanted Poch but now I think he should leave and that there should be root and branch reform at all levels. 

However, given some of our performances I don’t see anything but a “sing when we’re winning” unity. But maybe that’s just how I see it. 👀☠️

12 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I don’t know. I hold my hands up as I wanted Poch but now I think he should leave and that there should be root and branch reform at all levels. 

However, given some of our performances I don’t see anything but a “sing when we’re winning” unity. But maybe that’s just how I see it. 👀☠️

I think we can all get caught up in the gloom and doom can't we?

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

This is a bit different though and IMO leans more on leadership being the issue over the group itself not being close knit. Generally when things aren't going well, or when you need that extra lift, it's the leaders that stand up and carry the side on their shoulders. This I would agree we miss in spades and needs amending in the summer.

• Agree 1