Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

The claim that the stats show we should be top four seemed dubious to me, so I decided to have a look. I know there is debate about the utility of these stats,  but they are presumably the kinds of things Poch is referring to. I used https://understat.com/league/EPL

According it shows the following:

xPTS = 6th 
xG = 7th 
xGA = 7th 

How does this indicate that we should be in the top four? 

14 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

The claim that the stats show we should be top four seemed dubious to me, so I decided to have a look. I know there is debate about the utility of these stats,  but they are presumably the kinds of things Poch is referring to. I used https://understat.com/league/EPL

xPTS = 6th 
xG = 7th 
xGA = 7th 

If you look at the report @asvaberg has linked to (BBC), there's only one statistic that says fourth - expected goal difference per game!!!🤣🤣🤪

It's laughable, myopic rubbish - as is he.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mrs Silva was and is 100% right.

And it’s too late already. I said a while back relying on us scoring 3 or more goals to actually win games was folly. 

The idiot coach has ostracised the one excellent central defender we have, putting his own ego before the team (and the fans).

The enjoyment of watching our team is disappearing, and it’s down to this fraud of a coach and incompetent owners.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I raised this on the match day forum after we conceded the 2nd goal. Can anyone explain why we don't put one of our midget players (Sterling or Enzo) on the halfway line when defending a corner which would result in two opposing players being removed from attacking the corner.  Yesterday it would have resulted in a 9 v 7 position in defending. I appreciate that those odds may not have stopped goal against our defenders who have the ability to remain rooted to the ground.

• Agree 2

On 30/03/2024 at 09:19, Proud-Blue said:

xPTS = 6th 
xG = 7th 
xGA = 7th 

Top four of the championship?

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Told you they weren't as bad as he's making them look! 

Neil Barnett (‘Spy’) asked the coach, post game a question that basically said 21-24 year old players are in a crucial development phase of their careers and does the coach feel it’s being wasted.

He can’t and won’t answer it! 

His cowardice is even showing through in interviews now, the one @Original 21 referenced and now this one. I saw it on Reddit and now can’t find it to link here.

10 minutes ago, east lower said:

Neil Barnett (‘Spy’) asked the coach, post game a question that basically said 21-24 year old players are in a crucial development phase of their careers and does the coach feel it’s being wasted.

His cowardice is even showing through in interviews now, the one @Original 21 referenced and now this one. I saw it on Reddit and now can’t find it to link here

He'll never get another top coaching job after this he's finally been found out .

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

He'll never get another top coaching job after this he's finally been found out .

He might. He's already in damage limitation mode, wait until he gets 'let-go'.

He'll do exactly what he did when sacked by PSG. Sit and do nowt for a while, problem these days is that people's memories dull quickly and you become better at a job in people's eyes by simply not having one for a while. 

41 minutes ago, east lower said:

His cowardice is even showing through in interviews now, the one @Original 21 referenced and now this one. I saw it on Reddit and now can’t find it to link here.

image.thumb.jpeg.f5a76da8b1a0cd144a4d83dbaedba47b.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.f5a76da8b1a0cd144a4d83dbaedba47b.jpeg

That's the one! Club sacked Barnett so he's maybe got a bit of angst, but he's a massive Chelsea fan.

42 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Space hopper with a wig on.

Hamster look for me! And Space Hoppers were fun, it their time - unlike Herbert the Hamster here.

• Haha 1

The original tweet actually said, "HITC understands that some of Chelsea’s squad have told the club's owners that they would prefer to see Mauricio Pochettino replaced at the end of the season."

So, it's not the whole squad. It might just be a couple of players. Note also the language of "prefer". It is far less equivocal than what was reported by @philmelo126. This is why it is vital to drill through these quotes on X.

• Agree 1

Just had a random memory recall ,,,probably not PC but when the Falklands situation erupted, I recall someone commenting in the media that with a mixture of Italian and Spanish heritage in the country a lot would depend on which "blood line" came to the fore...one would be aggressive and proactive ,the other less so and reactive or such...

Easy to see which legacy is present at SB don't you think?

(Not political or necessarily agreed with..just what someone stated.)

6 hours ago, Sciatika said:

The original tweet actually said, "HITC understands that some of Chelsea’s squad have told the club's owners that they would prefer to see Mauricio Pochettino replaced at the end of the season."

So, it's not the whole squad. It might just be a couple of players. Note also the language of "prefer". It is far less equivocal than what was reported by @philmelo126. This is why it is vital to drill through these quotes on X.

99.9% of which like all football “journalism” is made-up,  speculative nonsense. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Can someone fill me in on who HITC is exactly? 

Not that I buy into much of this without some sort of substantial evidence to indicate otherwise. Like usual whenever we don't get a result the negative articles and tweets tend to begin doing the rounds. 

The only one who I can see asking for him to be sacked right now is Silva who Poch seems to have a personal issue with, but I this is honestly just pot stirring nonsense. 

22 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I would think Poch is gone at the end of the season even if we win the fa cup.

Would any people here give him another chance next year?

The quandary is we have a dodo as a manager and owners  by anyone's standards lost.

6 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Can someone fill me in on who HITC is exactly? 

Not that I buy into much of this without some sort of substantial evidence to indicate otherwise. Like usual whenever we don't get a result the negative articles and tweets tend to begin doing the rounds. 

It's a website covering news and entertainment.

Breaking Football News, Transfer Exclusives and Opinion | HITC Football

• Thanks 1

On 31/03/2024 at 13:39, blueboy1905 said:

I raised this on the match day forum after we conceded the 2nd goal. Can anyone explain why we don't put one of our midget players (Sterling or Enzo) on the halfway line when defending a corner which would result in two opposing players being removed from attacking the corner.  Yesterday it would have resulted in a 9 v 7 position in defending. I appreciate that those odds may not have stopped goal against our defenders who have the ability to remain rooted to the ground.

Too technical and yet we use AI to solve problems that stare us in the face .