Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

18 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

We’ve only lost one of the last 11 now😆

You are of course correct and it does sound quite good written down like that , I would imagine as the players are getting used to each other and how they play forging a team from disparate parts which has been the main reason .

Imagine how well we could do if there was some proof of coaching in defence and transition , where players just knew where their teammates were at any given time and how the forwards would move into position to receive the ball , or who was tasked with marking the bigger players on the pitch at set plays .

They know none of this and it's down to Poch and his lack of structure .

I really try hard to think what he's trying to achieve here and cannot think what the plan is , I really can't for the life of me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Poch has dodged a few bullets so far just at the right times..  Utd was a perfect example.  If the match had ended 2 mins earlier everyone would've said we'd have been beaten fairly and squarely!  

What really gets me is the in-game changes every single game!  There are groans of "WTF is he doing" all around where I sit.  It's as if he is trying to send a message to the board that these are our only options .  When he brings Gilchrist on when we are chasing the game you know things are over!  Gilchrist wouldn't be tearing up the championship yet he is expected to be our saviour off the bench.  Playing players out of position - why?  What is the explanation?

His Job should be to coach the players so they know exactly what their role is.  Look at what Pep does - he takes any player and the team plays the same football at the same level.  The reason is because he has told that player exactly what they need to do and what he expects from them - that's called coaching.  

• Agree 4

29 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You are of course correct and it does sound quite good written down like that , I would imagine as the players are getting used to each other and how they play forging a team from disparate parts which has been the main reason .

Imagine how well we could do if there was some proof of coaching in defence and transition , where players just knew where their teammates were at any given time and how the forwards would move into position to receive the ball , or who was tasked with marking the bigger players on the pitch at set plays .

They know none of this and it's down to Poch and his lack of structure .

I really try hard to think what he's trying to achieve here and cannot think what the plan is , I really can't for the life of me.

I keep saying this, but what is costing us badly is not down to poor or non existent coaching!

Just in the last week. On Thursday we saw Caicedo cost us goal with a brain-dead piece of play. Yesterday,  Silva got away with an equally brain-dead ball into his own box. Petrovich making a near post error which was as bad as I've ever seen. 

Of course, all teams have players who make horrendous individual errors every now and then, but we are making at least one every game. How can any manager be responsible for a player making an  inexplicable  individual error? 

We see this at the other end of the pitch too, when our players are in position to have a shot at goal but time and again hit the ball miles over the bar. Again, this happens every game and sometimes several times a game.

We have mentally flakey players who do not do the basics of concentrating in important moments.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I keep saying this, but what is costing us badly is not down to poor or non existent coaching!

Just in the last week. On Thursday we saw Caicedo cost us goal with a brain-dead piece of play. Yesterday,  Silva got away with an equally brain-dead ball into his own box. Petrovich making a near post error which was as bad as I've ever seen. 

Of course, all teams have players who make horrendous individual errors every now and then, but we are making at least one every game. How can any manager be responsible for a player making an  inexplicable  individual error? 

We see this at the other end of the pitch too, when our players are in position to have a shot at goal but time and again hit the ball miles over the bar. Again, this happens every game and sometimes several times a game.

We have mentally flakey players who do not do the basics of concentrating in important moments.

We also just don’t have enough good players.

🫥👀💀😬

13 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

How can any manager be responsible for a player making an  inexplicable  individual error? 

The manager cannot prevent individual errors, but he can train to reduce them to a minimum and mitigate them by getting the players to cover for each other. So, for instance, Caicedo covered for Silva. On Petrovic, he was done because he expected the attacker to cross. He took the shot, but Petrovic had already moved.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

It's a self fulfilling prophecy , get in young players , give them no structure , give them no guidance , watch them make unforced errors as they don't know what they're doing next .

They need to be shown what to do , where to stand , where to move when we defend and when we attack , what to do when the opponents attack us .

I can almost guarantee ( silly as it seems ) that should we do any "proper" coaching as above , these collective brain farts will diminish immediately 

He's a clown and he's turning the club into his own personal Circus where nobody knows what they're supposed to be doing 

Young footballers, even the good ones need guidance 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

48 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

The manager cannot prevent individual errors, but he can train to reduce them to a minimum and mitigate them by getting the players to cover for each other. So, for instance, Caicedo covered for Silva. 

Yes, but with our players  making the kind of and number of unforced errors they make, in order to cover well, we would need 20 players on the pitch to put themselves into positions they shouldn't be in in order to cover for balls being played into areas they shouldn't be going in.😁😭

Edited by boratsbrother

Our last 7 games we have conceded 15 goals against, this list is genuinely amazing.......

Leeds, Brentford, Newcastle, Leicester,  Burnley,  United, Sheffield United. 

Not being funny but if a manager can't stop a defence during that run of fixtures there is something seriously wrong with him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, martin1905 said:

Our last 7 games we have conceded 15 goals against, this list is genuinely amazing.......

Not being funny but if a manager can't stop a defence during that run of fixtures there is something seriously wrong with him.

Apparently in our last nine games we have taken the lead only to lose it , another coaching masterclass stat .

• Sad 1

So, in summation:

1. The fella and his team who supposedly coach us are not good enough 

2. The players are not generally good enough

3. The owners have instigated a strategy that removed the experience and replaced it with mid-table non-achievers, who’ve made a few quid out of transfers, mostly because our owners have swallowed poor advice or made bad decisions 

So, we’re jiggered really - but the easiest thing to do is get the fraud out!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 05/04/2024 at 01:50, McCreadie said:

Last 10 games

Won 6 Drawn 3 Lost 1

We are not as **** as we used to be.

And i get that. Stats dont tell the how. 

Without going back far we can consider just the last 3 games. Draws with the bottom 2 who both showed more spirit than us and a win against utd which was probably one of the biggest prison breaks anyone will witness

1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

And i get that. Stats dont tell the how. 

Without going back far we can consider just the last 3 games. Draws with the bottom 2 who both showed more spirit than us and a win against utd which was probably one of the biggest prison breaks anyone will witness

Im not actually arguing against that per se. We are still ****, just a bit less **** most of the time.

For balance, we have created 67 shots in those 3 games, despite yesterday's horrendous performance.

7 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Pochettino: “At 52, you identify really quickly whether the team is ready to compete or not”. “Maybe this group is not mature enough to compete in games every three days”. “It's a new team and we are still learning about their profiles. The process always takes time”.

Still learning about their profiles? Is he having a laugh? What profile is he looking at exactly , the profile of Disasi shunted around the defence ? The profile of Chalobah being shunted around the defence ? The profile of having no left wing option with Sterling and Mudryk on the bench? The profile of playing Cole Palmer out of position? The profile of playing someone with the mobility of Steven Hawking as a box to box midfielder?

This absolutely reeks of someone who has pissed nine months up the wall  doing no coaching or proper organisational work and is now pointing the finger elsewhere to once again dodge his responsibility . 

Get the fat useless Spacehopper fuck out of my club , give the job to the first person who applies and it wouldn't , couldn't be any worse .

I hate it when you stay on the fence Mark!😁

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Sciatika said:

The manager cannot prevent individual errors, but he can train to reduce them to a minimum and mitigate them by getting the players to cover for each other. So, for instance, Caicedo covered for Silva. On Petrovic, he was done because he expected the attacker to cross. He took the shot, but Petrovic had already moved.  

Spot on Sciatika,,, plenty of criticism,,justified,,,but little stated understanding of the why and little mention of an absolutely worldie save ...had me gasping...but what do I know?

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Apparently in our last nine games we have taken the lead only to lose it , another coaching masterclass stat .

We came out in the second half yesterday, asleep and lackadaisical - Again!

It’d be better to not let them go in at all. 

Cup of tea, a woodbine and a rub-down with the Sporting Life - Be better than whatever The Fraud gets up to.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Those two look absolutely dumbfounded.

I've moand about this all season, assumed he just wasn't capable, turns out its worse.

The sporting directors have to go. They assembled a young team and then gave the keys to somebody who doesn't think tactics, style of play etc. aren't important. 

The owners should be ashamed of themselves.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Bison said:

The sporting directors have to go. They assembled a young team and then gave the keys to somebody who doesn't think tactics, style of play etc. aren't important. 

The owners should be ashamed of themselves.

Does make you wonder how the interview went and what on earth made them think he was the right appointment. 

• Like 1

Todd and Co handed over the "Football" admin to "football people".... but the question is why the one's chosen?

Just because they are "football people" doesn't automatically make them Competent and qualified to guide a top club.

I was a reasonable goal keeping coach at the modest levels I coached..as are all here I am a "football person" but as I posted before the idea of me coaching PC Petr The Cat and any top pro keeper is asinine!

Top horse..top jockey ,,,top F1 vehicle..top driver,,,IMHO we have mediocre jobsworth people controlling (or not) the "football"progress of our Club.

That is what has to change,,BUT.......

25 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Does make you wonder how the interview went and what on earth made them think he was the right appointment. 

He has garnered himself a reputation as "good with young players" and one has to wonder how on earth he did that seeing is his reputation essentially hangs on "good with Harry Kane" 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, martin1905 said:

I think I need to copy text a post I made in the Bramall Lane match since it's pretty revealing in the way Poch coaches:

Two points lost, it's terrible. 

On the bright side: we are unbeaten in the last 6 PL games , 7 including FA. 

We score more league-goals than with Tuchel in the 2020-21 season (Champion league winners).

2020-21 Total PL goals 31 matches = 50

Current PL goals 31 matches = 55

But we're sloppy at the back:

Anyone remember WBA at SB the 2020-21 season? We conceded 5 that day in April, but in the remaining 8 PL games we conceded only 6. It tells a lot about a manager and a team that can turn things around and make corrections. Poch doesn't seem to have this ability, nor the players - at least not with a proper management and a typical captain.