Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

The point is our ex players and manager are in the big leagues while we are… where?

To be fair - and I do take your point, Max - while I love ol’ Tommy Tee, he’s leaving BM after a disastrous season. 💀😬🙈 🇩🇪 

3 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

To be fair - and I do take your point, Max - while I love ol’ Tommy Tee, he’s leaving BM after a disastrous season. 💀😬🙈 🇩🇪 

I accept that, but if they knock the Gooners out it will still be sweet 😁

TT is still the 2nd best CL manager of all time win rate wise and I think they can do a run despite the poor league form

(also I don't think its all on him but yes, not been great)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I accept that, but if they knock the Gooners out it will still be sweet 😁

I pray he does and that they fall short in the league again just to see that odious twerps face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

54 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I think Arsenal won't win either league or CL - just a prediction

CL is a bit of a lottery.

Looking at the remaining League fixtures I'd put Arsenal  just behind City as second favs with Liverpool a clear third. 

51 minutes ago, east lower said:

Saw through that cheat, initiating contact to try and get yet another soft penalty with seconds to go.

Yep, I'll give him that one 🙂 The foul by rice in their lead up to the goal and the handball penalty though (and all the other little ones) not so much!

• Agree 1

Equally baffling to me as the rewriting of the Roman years as a whole has been the rewriting of individuals who were actually very successful for us.

Yes, Tuchel, Jorginho, Havertz, and Kovacic weren't without their flaws, but it hurts to see them all competing in the biggest competitions. Okay, TT in particular needs a bounce back after Bayern (unless they miraculously win the CL), and personally I am worried he heads to a rejuvenated Man United. 

Previously, strengthening your nearest rivals was something to avoid at all costs but it's clear we've done so with the aforementioned player sales. And again, despite their flaws, to see us head so far backwards without those players who would have at least offered big game experience is devastating.

"They wanted to leave", "They downed tools", "They were past their best".

Build a team around them or if they really are forcing a move replace them with like-for-like experience. 

We did neither because we don't value experience (too costly, not enough long-term ROI) and now we are so far away from challenging at the top of the competition we saw many of our ex-staff grace last night, it's simply painful to watch it.

27 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

We did neither because we don't value experience (too costly, not enough long-term ROI) and now we are so far away from challenging at the top of the competition we saw many of our ex-staff grace last night, it's simply painful to watch it.

I would say they undervalued experience, but I suspect they assumed that the ROI on younger, less expensive players on long contracts would be greater than on older, more expensive players on shorter ones. They probably also thought that long contracts and promoting younger players would be more popular with the fans. I would like a quid for every time I said we should promote more rather than buy more during the Roman era. It seems I also underestimated experience. Players like Solanke, Anjorin, and Guehi were better than the club thought. I agree; it's always annoying to see our ex-players doing well for others. I remember the same with Hollins and Hudson at Arsenal, Ossie at the Saints or Butch at ManU.

Edited by Sciatika
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I would say they undervalued experience, but I suspect they assumed that the ROI on younger, less expensive players on long contracts would be greater than on older, more expensive players on shorter ones. They probably also thought that long contracts and promoting younger players would be more popular with the fans. I would like a quid for every time I said we should promote more rather than buy more during the Roman era. It seems I also underestimated experience. Players like Solanke, Anjorin, and Guehi were better than the club thought. I agree; it's always annoying to see our ex-players doing well for others. I remember the same with Hollins and Hudson at Arsenal, Ossie at the Saints or Butch at ManU.

The thing is - the very important thing to point out is. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE A YOUTH POLICY! I love the fact that we are scouting the best youngsters in world football, trying to get the next Endrick and buying for the long-term. I honestly think it makes perfect sense from the owners and especially now we can't just be bankrolled by Roman, I am totally behind it.

I believe the vast majority of Chelsea fans are! It's great to see talented youngsters who are committed to the club for the long-term rather than washed up has-beens who clog up the wage bill and are only around for a season or two.

But not like this. It's absolutely baffling that we now prioritise selling our academy players (as do some other clubs tbf...) to get other youngsters in. It's baffling that we don't know that you need some leaders to help younger players grow. It's baffling that we think we can compete at the top of the league without paying proper wages.

It all points to owners who simply think they can get one up on the system, are doubling and tripling down on their failed model in the name of patience (rather hubris) when literally all is needed is a few tweaks to incorporate a youth policy while also prioritising our Cobham graduates and what actually works to be successful on the pitch. 

(experience, characters, leadership - and all the other special and vital ingredients that don't show up on Clearlake's AI data scouting models - sponsored by CocaCola)

5 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

A bar set as low as a rattlesnake’s stomach. Pathetic. 🤬💀🤬

I also really don't fancy us to make 8th.
Can anyone pick a win out of our upcoming fixtures? I can't.

image.thumb.png.377b84f1cfa2a6a9e22deb59d1c07ae7.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

21 points up for grabs , I see us getting about 2-3 , in Poch we trust 

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We could scrape some draws, but with Forest and Everton scrapping, I have no idea. We might get a random win against Spuds or something but will that really be enough to snatch 8th?
West Ham game could be crucial if any of us are actually bothered about Europa Conference (personally I think it would be a massive hinderance next season)

10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We will get some wins and draws and a lot more than 3 points. At risk of repeating myself, we've only actually lost one of the last 11 games. We can't do game management to save our lives, but we can score goals at least.

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

I have a strong feeling in my bones that we'll beat Arsenal.

And no, I haven't been down the pub since opening time.

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I have a string feeling in my bones that we'll beat Arsenal.

And no, I haven't been down the pub since opening time.

Nothing else?  
💊 🚬

And I dearly hope you are right, but on current showings they are going to torture us.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, east lower said:

Nothing else?  
💊 🚬

And I dearly hope you are right, but on current showings they are going to torture us.

We are capable of winning any of those ganes but equally capable of losing any of them. 

• Agree 1