Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

Back to Poch staying or being sacked in the summer.

Imho, unless it's an absolute car crash appointment from day one (thinking Clough at Leeds) then I would like us to give every manager two full seasons. Three would be better, but I accept that's not going to happen at our club, so a compromise of two seasons is a more realistic time frame. If at the end of the two seasons we are not progressing at an acceptable rate, then we replace the manager. 

Simple and consistent and I think it would take some of the pressure off our managers knowing they don't have to hit the ground running and keep running fast or else...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Imho, unless it's an absolute car crash appointment from day one (thinking Clough at Leeds) then I would like us to give every manager two full seasons. Three would be better, but I accept that's not going to happen at our club, so a compromise of two seasons is a more realistic time frame. If at the end of the two seasons we are not progressing at an acceptable rate, then we replace the manager. 

Simple and consistent and I think it would take some of the pressure off our managers knowing they don't have to hit the ground running and keep running fast or else...

Do you really think Poch is going to improve us to even top 6? Or even provide a playing philosophy or identity? From what I’ve seen this season we should have just stuck with Potter, because I can’t see any real consistent improvement at all. 👀

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Do you really think Poch is going to improve us to even top 6? Or even provide a playing philosophy or identity? From what I’ve seen this season we should have just stuck with Potter, because I can’t see any real consistent improvement at all. 👀

I agree, but I thought Potter was far from the best choice.

Which I suppose has the current chap lower than a shipwreck's hull at the bottom of the Marianas Trench!

9 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Oh dear.You think Poch should be given more time?.Opinions.....I would have sacked him months ago.

I can honestly say he is as bad as AVB.

Four subs against Sheffield when we were winning? - the guy is beyond a joke.

39 minutes ago, east lower said:

I agree, but I thought Potter was far from the best choice.

Which I suppose has the current chap lower than a shipwreck's hull at the bottom of the Marianas Trench!

Yes it was a terrible signing, but Potter was the last manager. Mariana Trench is about right!
🤡 🌎 

I was at SB when we were relegated (and promoted!). But never in 45 (!!) years of supporting Chelsea have I wanted a season to end like the last two. Never. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Yes it was a terrible signing, but Potter was the last manager. Mariana Trench is about right!
🤡 🌎 

I was at SB when we were relegated (and promoted!). But never in 45 (!!) years of supporting Chelsea have I wanted a season to end like the last two. Never. 

Certainly this season, as last season I still had hope that it couldn't get worse, but.......................

Not missed a home game this season and won't do, but the aways alongside the ridiculous schedules (TV) means I've missed a few more than is usual - think I've missed three. If this joker stays in charge then a few more aways might get swerved and moved on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, east lower said:

Certainly this season, as last season I still had hope that it couldn't get worse, but.......................

Not missed a home game this season and won't do, but the aways alongside the ridiculous schedules (TV) means I've missed a few more than is usual - think I've missed three. If this joker stays in charge then a few more aways might get swerved and moved on.

Plenty of other ways to spend hard-earned money tbh.

Just now, Chelsea_Matt said:

Plenty of other ways to spend hard-earned money tbh.

Yep, I'll keep the Away ST's. For £30 a ticket, it's still a 'cheap' way of watching PL football. 

Plus, if you let them go that's it, the club are not allowing new entrants to the scheme. 

Sign of the times though is that if you had a spare, family issue etc and you had a week to move it you would always get it moved on, not this season though. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I think it's 50/50 us getting top 6  and maybe even challenge for top 4.

I agree that we are not consistent, not only from game to game but also during  games. We can and do go from being very bad to being very good, good enough to consistently cause real problems for the very top sides, which is something we've been unable to do for years. 

If he can find and consistently field his best back four,  get Lavia fit to sit in front of them and the players stop making so many terilrible unforced errors, then I'll  shorten the to less than evens for us getting top 4 next season.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I think it's 50/50 us getting top 6  and maybe even challenge for top 4.

I agree that we are not consistent, not only from game to game but also during  games. We can and do go from being very bad to being very good, good enough to consistently cause real problems for the very top sides, which is something we've been unable to do for years. 

If he can find and consistently field his best back four,  get Lavia fit to sit in front of them and the players stop making so many terilrible unforced errors, then I'll  shorten the to less than evens for us getting top 4 next season.

👀😬🙈💀

8 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

👀😬🙈💀

Nothing controversial here. With our full squad fit and less brainfarts, we're a much better team next season.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I hope you’re right, broski. I really do! 💯🩶🙈

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

Nothing controversial here. With our full squad fit and less brainfarts, we're a much better team next season.

Wish I had the same confidence.The one thing we have learned is Poch doesn't learn from past results.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

We are already significantly  better in two crucial areas (creating and scoring)  than we were when we won the CL.

So why do so many on here think it's near impossible for Poch to improve us in another area of the team over another season?  Why do they refuse to admit that he's been hugely handicapped by not being able to play a settled defence and his best defence and had to run his midfielders into the ground due to lack of rotation options? Refuse to admit the incredible number of brainfarts have cost us so many points?

All factors beyond his control which can very easily change next season and if they do we will win and draw a lot more games. If our problems weren't so fixable, then I wouldn't be so positive!🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

It also makes you wonder if Potter could've done the same or a better job with the new squad and a full pre-season behind him? 

For my money, i'm not sure there are many managers in the Prem that would have done a worse job with the resources Poch has had available.  To be in April with no style of play, no set of principles drilled into the players and no sign of the demands and expectations that the manager and club have for them is completely unacceptable as far as i'm concerned. 

Wolves, Bournemouth, West Ham, even Luton have all of those fundamentals well-established with far less resources than we have. 

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

Oh dear.You think Poch should be given more time?.Opinions.....I would have sacked him months ago.

I can honestly say he is as bad as AVB.

Four subs against Sheffield when we were winning? - the guy is beyond a joke.

I had major red flags with him early on, but Old Trafford was the moment when I was sure that he wasn't going to be the man for us beyond this season.  He should have definitely gone after Liverpool and Wolves though.  And even then he was incredibly fortunate to survive after the League Cup final. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

We are. If everyone gets fit.  Which is a big if at Chelsea of late. 

But we also need to be well-drilled, with demands and expectations placed on every single player that is part of our squad to maintain any improvement and reduce these brainfarts.  Teams can't succeed without gameplans and full knowledge of what is expected of them.  This season has shown very well that Pochettino is not the man to provide that match to match, week to week. 

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

We are already significantly  better in two crucial areas (creating and scoring)  than we were when we won the CL.

So why do so many on here think it's near impossible for Poch to improve us in another area of the team over another season?  Why do they refuse to admit that he's been hugely handicapped by not being able to play a settled defence and his best defence and had to run his midfielders into the ground due to lack of rotation options? Refuse to admit the incredible number of brainfarts have cost us so many points?

All factors beyond his control which can very easily change next season and if they do we will win and draw a lot more games. If our problems weren't so fixable, then I wouldn't be so positive!🙂

Because he’s a serial loser and poor tactician.

He had a Rolls Royce squad and lost the league to a Peugeot. A league that they win by double-figure points most seasons.

He’s a dud and no amount players will make him different.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

It's absolute perfect if you want to be starting season three in the Championship with  a new coach when Pochettino finishes what he hasn't even started .

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Watching Premier League Years 14/15 on Sky Sports, when we won the league under Jose. Oh, how I miss having a manager like that, a natural born winner.  Not saying I want him back (although I wouldn’t be against it), but I just want a manager I can get behind and the players will run through walls for.

I want our Chelsea back.

The top of the Premiership has moved on a lot in the last ten years and left Jose's style of football well behind. 

The top teams have to be brave home and away and go for it no matter who they are playing. Jose's only tactic when facing the good teams would be to park the bus and play shit on a stick football. Not only horrible to watch but it wouldn't actually get us anywhere fast. 7th or 8th playing embarrassingly horrible football.

Not for me, thanks!

16 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

years. 

won 4, drew 5, lost 20 and conceded 63 goals in 29 PL games, are the stats for Lavia playing DM for Southampton. 

Are you sure he is the answer?

• Haha 1