Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

4 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

If true, €40m would be a steal. Personally, I'm a big fan of his.

A player who has spent the majority of his career in Italy and is fast approaching his 30s. There's no way that can go wrong! 

12 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

I’d forgot about Ndidi to be honest. Probably in part to his lack of form last season, but he could be another option.

I know many will laugh at this and normally he would not be the level Chelsea require, but as I have said, I don’t think we need a superstar to fulfill this role. He wouldn’t be one of the top options to sign, but I wouldn’t be against Mctominay if you could get him for £25 million. It won’t happen and many will jump straight to the he’s shit typical viewpoint. We would t be looking to build a midfield around him here like Utd have in the past , we would be looking for his size and athleticism to come in and compliment what we have.

As I stated, he would not be the first raft of options as he does also not tick the experienced box. However, I think he his strengths have potential to improve the team as a whole. 

Zakaria!? 😂

1 minute ago, JaneB said:

That's what happens when you give backroom staff 5 year contracts they won't get anywhere else. 

Bruno and the rest of Potter's staff are the coaching equivalents of Kepa. 

Edited by Bison

2 minutes ago, Bison said:

That's what happens when you give backroom staff 5 year contracts they won't get anywhere else. 

I very much doubt he'd be kept on if Pochettino didn't want him. It's not as if assistant coaches are on the same £200,000pw wages players are on, after all!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bison said:

Bjorn Hamberg has left but Bruno Saltor is staying on which is (I read) a popular decision.

Ben Roberts is also staying on in an overseeing role in the goalkeeping department.

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Hamberg left because he was concerned Lukaku would return and try to eat him. 

Oh stop it Mark!!!  I nearly choked when I read that.

Incidentally, where is Lukaku?  He's still a Chelsea player and should be reporting back for training n'est-ce pas?

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Oh stop it Mark!!!  I nearly choked when I read that.

Incidentally, where is Lukaku?  He's still a Chelsea player and should be reporting back for training n'est-ce pas?

See how dangerous that  M.Kelly character is! Nearly causing you harm and I hurt my stomach laughing...... 

In addition Jane without needing to point out the irony of the issue,,,, perhaps Sam could adjust the title of OUR FORUM?....CFCnet is SOOOO annoying!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bison said:

Maybe they can ship him off to Strasbourg to work his magic there?

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I think Pochettino knew Saltor from their days as players at Espanyol.

Job for the boys then. 

Would have preferred someone like Andy Myers promoted to the 1st coaching staff. 

9 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Maybe they can ship him off to Strasbourg to work his magic there?

No chance,

heard a rumour that Mr  voyeur Wenger is going to join Patrick’s coaching team as a consultant 😀

Ex-spuds coach as head coach Chelsea

Ex-Arse player as head coach of Chelsea B

surely there is a place for Harry Redknapp in the Clearlake organisation 😀

Edited by ROTG

Good press conference IMO seemed to have the answers for most of the questions asked.

He gave the impression the club has gone back to the old philosophy of high expectations for the coaching team, and I was impressed with the way he said the squad has to be ready day one.