Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

It's pointless to try and compare Disasi's & Badiashiles performances in the French League to what they are showing in the EPL.  The two leagues are worlds apart in strength in depth, so obviously it's much easier to look good in a significantly inferior league.

Just look at Liverpool's result against  to see the difference.  We batter an awful Everton 6 - 0 and a week later the title chasing Liverpool lose 2-0 to them. In our league even the very best only have to be slightly off their game to end up in trouble against the weak teams. Week in week out  there is no hiding place for any player or any  team. This is why the likes of us and Utd are all over the place and see performances that are up and down like yo yo's. Both can be very good but are they are also  consistently and brutally punished when they are not at it 100%.

26 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

‘It wasn’t me guv’

Apparently and according to him, it’s not his job to motivate the players either.

Must have played a blinder at his interview, 🤥🤥🤥

Pinocchio, not Pochettino.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, east lower said:

Apparently and according to him, it’s not his job to motivate the players either.

Must have played a blinder at his interview, 🤥🤥🤥

Pinocchio, not Pochettino.

Yeah, incredible comment isn’t it! Sounds to me like a man who knows he’s for the chop.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, incredible comment isn’t it! Sounds to me like a man who knows he’s for the chop.

There’s more talk going on generally now about an exit, he’s possibly getting in his excuses. Not that it matters much for now, but for his next job interview.

At this point in time the players need him more than ever to galvanise and add the methods to motivate them. They have lost a cup-final and semi-final at Wembley, badly lost in a very recent match, playing squad going down with ‘injuries’ like tin-cans at a firing range, any hope of playing in a European competition disappearing over the hill - wages and bonuses will be effected if we are to believe what we read as regards new player contracts.

His needs to be the rallying voice, not the one effectively saying “it’s not my fault “.

Sadly, it’s not outside my expectations of him.

Weasel.

Edited by east lower
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Surely as the manager/coach it is very much your responsibility for motivating the team or have these (to quote Green Day) American idiots created a “Motivational and General Welfare Department” which uses algorithms and data to see if players are happy?

• Agree 2

46 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

If he is sacked?  all I can hope for is we don't go for the  De Zerbi, who worryingly for me keeps being touted as our number one target.

Brighton have been so ordinary for most of this season that it wouldn't surprise if Brighton would actually be quite happy for us  to go him and get some money from us.

The Wolves manager is another one who's being bigged up  for doing not very much.

I said early this season that McKenna at Ipswich would be my first choice, that's if we going for someone already managing in England. He's doing a fantastic job there and they play attractive football as well.  

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

If he is sacked?  all I can hope for is we don't go for the  De Zerbi, who worryingly for me keeps being touted as our number one target.

Brighton have been so ordinary for most of this season that it wouldn't surprise if Brighton would actually be quite happy for us  to go him and get some money from us.

The Wolves manager is another one who's being bigged up  for doing not very much.

I said early this season that McKenna at Ipswich would be my first choice, that's if we going for someone already managing in England. He's doing a fantastic job there and they play attractive football as well.  

Completely agree on De Zerbi, been against him since he first got mentioned. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

There's also lots of comments now that him continuing into a second season (heaven forbid) is strongly dependent on qualification for at least the Europa League.

I'll genuinely be surprised if we win 2 more games this season. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Interesting that you write of De Zerbi yet want a manager that's never managed at the top level and has one season in the championship,  I admit I don't know much about him but interested in your reasons for dismissing one but wanting the other.

As for De Zerbi, I'd have him tomorrow. Really weird that people don't want to judge him on last season yet all to willing to this season. He's a victim of his own success, taking Brighton to thier highest ever league position and into Europe for the first time in their history. 

A team that has lost Bissouma, Trossard, Cucurella, Mac Allister and Caicedo since he has been there. This season they have had to deal with European football and yeah its cost them big time. The squad was nowhere near big enough or good enough for it and they've been hit really bad with injuries to key players.

It's amazing how many are quick to dismiss how well he has done there and say 'I told you so' just because it's been a tough year. The rationale being that last year was a fluke. Maybe this year is the fluke? Maybe ROTG is right after all and doesn't matter how good Cole Palmer is, or De Zerbi was, the second year is all that matters?

He's literally everything Pochettino isn't and it's exactly what we need and what I've been calling for all season.

Edited by martin1905

18 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Interesting that you write of De Zerbi yet want a manager that's never managed at the top level and has one season in the championship,  I admit I don't know much about him but interested in your reasons for dismissing one but wanting the other.

As for De Zerbi, I'd have him tomorrow. Really weird that people don't want to judge him on last season yet all to willing to this season. He's a victim of his own success, taking Brighton to thier highest ever league position and into Europe for the first time in their history. 

A team that has lost Bissouma, Trossard, Cucurella, Mac Allister and Caicedo since he has been there. This season they have had to deal with European football and yeah its cost them big time. The squad was nowhere near big enough or good enough for it and they've been hit really bad with injuries to key players.

It's amazing how many are quick to dismiss how well he has done there and say 'I told you so' just because it's been a tough year. The rationale being that last year was a fluke. Maybe this year is the fluke? Maybe ROTG is right after all and doesn't matter how good Cole Palmer is, or De Zerbi was, the second year is all that matters?

He's literally everything Pochettino isn't and it's exactly what we need and what I've been calling for all season.

McKenna is odds on to win two consecutive promotions.  There's "the winner" many fans want. 

Dr Zerbi tookover a Brighton team which was already a team playing quality football, often outplaying top teams hone and away but just lacking someone to finish it off with goals. Potter built that Brighton team, not Dr Zerbi!

Dr Zerbi improved that end product last season but their overall level of play through their whole team has fallen away a lot this season. They've been absymal at times this season and this week his players were accused of throwing in the towel against City. 

Imho, he's done little to deserve a chance at a big club.

Excluding Pep and Klopp, the only truly outstanding candidate currently managing in England is obviously Emrie. But he'd have to be off his trolley to leave behind what's he's doing at Villa to come and join Billy Smarts Chelsea.

32 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

McKenna is odds on to win two consecutive promotions.  There's "the winner" many fans want. 

Dr Zerbi tookover a Brighton team which was already a team playing quality football, often outplaying top teams hone and away but just lacking someone to finish it off with goals. Potter built that Brighton team, not Dr Zerbi!

Dr Zerbi improved that end product last season but their overall level of play through their whole team has fallen away a lot this season. They've been absymal at times this season and this week his players were accused of throwing in the towel against City. 

Imho, he's done little to deserve a chance at a big club.

Excluding Pep and Klopp, the only truly outstanding candidate currently managing in England is obviously Emrie. But he'd have to be off his trolley to leave behind what's he's doing at Villa to come and join Billy Smarts Chelsea.

Again, why judge him on this season and not last season?

Just seems odd that soo many people pick and choose what to judge a manager on. Brighton were absolutely phenomenal last year and the credit goes to Potter, ironic when we know just how bad he is. This year they struggle, for obvious reasons and everyone's like 'I told you so'

Not sure if you are aware but this seasons Brighton already have more points than Potter achieved in two of his three seasons, with 5 games remaining. 

I think people sometimes forget what club he's managing.

This year's Brighton have the third highest points in the clubs history,  with 5 games remaining. 

I get the reservations some have on De Zerbi,  I really do, but there really needs to be some perspective on the job he has done there. He's getting slated for getting them to their 3rd highest points total, possibly higher, in their history.  

Go figure.

2 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

This year's Brighton have the third highest points in the clubs history,  with 5 games remaining. 

I get the reservations some have on De Zerbi,  I really do, but there really needs to be some perspective on the job he has done there. He's getting slated for getting them to their 3rd highest points total, possibly higher, in their history.  

Go figure.

I agree Martin.

26 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Again, why judge him on this season and not last season?

Just seems odd that soo many people pick and choose what to judge a manager on. Brighton were absolutely phenomenal last year and the credit goes to Potter, ironic when we know just how bad he is. This year they struggle, for obvious reasons and everyone's like 'I told you so'

Not sure if you are aware but this seasons Brighton already have more points than Potter achieved in two of his three seasons, with 5 games remaining. 

I think people sometimes forget what club he's managing.

But why not go for a manager who's had two consecutive big seasons over one who's had one good one and one not so good?  Doing it an  Ipswich who are  up against bigger clubs is a big plus imho.

I see nothing in Dr Zerbi that Potter didn't have! 

But why not go for a manager who's had two consecutive big seasons over one who's had one good one and one not so good?  Doing it an  Ipswich who are  up against bigger clubs is a big plus imho.

Doing it at Brighton who are up against much bigger clubs isn't?

I'd also argue that what De Zerbi has done this season isn't a negative. Just look at my previous post, the players he has had this year, is it any wonder they haven't been as good? 

Yet he's still got them as high up the league as they have ever been. 

It's very easy to look at Brighton, compare them to last year and think he's doing a bad job, you need to look into it a bit more to understand the reasons.

With the players at his disposal this season he's performed a miracle.

I see nothing in Dr Zerbi that Potter didn't have! 

Depends if you bought into the hype the media created around Potter. His Brighton team, which was lauded as some sort of sensational attacking side was a complete myth. 

Edited by martin1905

By the way, it's not just the players they lost that have made a big difference, it's the third column that's interesting. Games started, just look at the difference from the previous year and how, not only did they loose their best players, it's been completely unsettled all season.

Edited by martin1905

Last season, games started for Brighton

Caicedo 37

Mac Allister 35

Mitoma 33 

March 33

This year

Mitoma 19

March 7

There really does need to be some context as to why Brighton haven't been as good this year, it's not as simple as people being right and saying 'I told you so'.