Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

I don’t want De Zerbi. Just a shiny new toy. When are we going to learn that Brighton are not the example to follow? Look at all the utter, utter shit we’ve bought from there - and yes, imo that includes Caicedo. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Completely agree on De Zerbi, been against him since he first got mentioned. 

Potter is still on the payroll and this is Chelsea with the 1st team being run by Stewart and Winstanley 

At least another overrated cloggy coach is off the potential Poch replacement list. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, martin1905 said:

This year's Brighton have the third highest points in the clubs history,  with 5 games remaining. 

I get the reservations some have on De Zerbi,  I really do, but there really needs to be some perspective on the job he has done there. He's getting slated for getting them to their 3rd highest points total, possibly higher, in their history.  

Go figure.

29pts from his last 27 games. In no world would we consider this as a legitimate option to be manager here.

Goals scored have dropped off, goals conceded are on the increase.  I would describe him as a radical manager who will always be open to swings in performances .

He’s been worked out this season and as yet he has not found a way to get around that. He wants the opposition to engage and press his team, that creates space for his vertical passing. Now teams no longer engage and just sit in and let Brighton have the ball, the results have been on a downward trajectory. Iraola at Bournemouth laid the blueprint out in their defeat at Brighton earlier this season, others have picked up on this since.

Timing is huge in football, why would you employ a manager where the surprise factor is all but gone. That’s not to say he is not a decent manager, but it was hype he could never live up to long term . I’m fairly confident that’s why Liverpool have not tried to get him.  The allure has gone and to employ him now has mistake written all over it . 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

A cold look at the EPL will show you that there are maybe two top coaches...a whole raft of  "average coaches..some less average than others...and some very "limited" coaches,,,the "keep us up" forlorn hope appointments included.

To replace The Poch with any of the present below the top two would be at best a marginal thing,,,bring in a player or two to strengthen the side in real terms again would only be marginal in effect,

How many pro active coaches are there at the higher levels of the game across the board that would drive Chelsea forward?

I see noone in the EPL significantly better than The Poch.... just my somewhat disappointed view of things,,,agree or disagree but that's how I see things.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

29pts from his last 27 games. In no world would we consider this as a legitimate option to be manager here.

Goals scored have dropped off, goals conceded are on the increase.  I would describe him as a radical manager who will always be open to swings in performances .

He’s been worked out this season and as yet he has not found a way to get around that. He wants the opposition to engage and press his team, that creates space for his vertical passing. Now teams no longer engage and just sit in and let Brighton have the ball, the results have been on a downward trajectory. Iraola at Bournemouth laid the blueprint out in their defeat at Brighton earlier this season, others have picked up on this since.

Timing is huge in football, why would you employ a manager where the surprise factor is all but gone. That’s not to say he is not a decent manager, but it was hype he could never live up to long term . I’m fairly confident that’s why Liverpool have not tried to get him.  The allure has gone and to employ him now has mistake written all over it . 

This is what I mean, people completely ignore everything other than their stats this season.

I've watched pretty much all their games this season, the only ones I haven't is if we have played at the same time and I just don't agree with anything you say about them, their style hasn't changed at all so not sure where your getting that idea from. That's what's so appealing about him, to me, doesn't matter who plays they play the same. Lose your two star midfielders in the summer, doesn't matter they play the same. Lose both your star wingers for much of this season. Doesn't matter, they play the same. 

It's literally the reason I want him.

It's Brighton, which I think people seem to forget and this will be their 3rd highest points total in their history, with a squad that has been destroyed.

8 minutes ago, chara said:

A cold look at the EPL will show you that there are maybe two top coaches...a whole raft of  "average coaches..some less average than others...and some very "limited" coaches,,,the "keep us up" forlorn hope appointments included.

To replace The Poch with any of the present below the top two would be at best a marginal thing,,,bring in a player or two to strengthen the side in real terms again would only be marginal in effect,

How many pro active coaches are there at the higher levels of the game across the board that would drive Chelsea forward?

I see noone in the EPL significantly better than The Poch.... just my somewhat disappointed view of things,,,agree or disagree but that's how I see things.

All aboard the Tommy Tee train to Trophyville!! 😌 🚂 🇩🇪 🏆 

• Haha 1

@Thiago97 im interested as to why you give so much leeway to Pochettino because of the players yet have been hard on De Zerbi all season yet look at what he has had to work with.

We are 3 points above them.

Just loom at these two line ups. I mean, come on is it any wonder they aren't as good?

Screenshot_20240427_163700_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240427_163432_Chrome.jpg

22 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

This is what I mean, people completely ignore everything other than their stats this season.

I've watched pretty much all their games this season, the only ones I haven't is if we have played at the same time and I just don't agree with anything you say about them, their style hasn't changed at all so not sure where your getting that idea from. That's what's so appealing about him, to me, doesn't matter who plays they play the same. Lose your two star midfielders in the summer, doesn't matter they play the same. Lose both your star wingers for much of this season. Doesn't matter, they play the same. 

It's literally the reason I want him.

It's Brighton, which I think people seem to forget and this will be their 3rd highest points total in their history, with a squad that has been destroyed.

I didn’t say their style had changed. I said the opposition have worked out how to get a result, and so far, De Zerbi has not found a way around this. 
If the season started a month later, they would be just ahead of the relegation candidates! 
They may have lost good players, but they still have good players. The whole infrastructure is excellent, which is why they continue to find good players to replace who they lose.

Edited by Thiago97

30 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I didn’t say their style had changed. I said the opposition have worked out how to get a result, and so far, De Zerbi has not found a way around this. 
If the season started a month later, they would be just ahead of the relegation candidates! 
They may have lost good players, but they still have good players. The whole infrastructure is excellent, which is why they continue to find good players to replace who they lose.

You come across as someone that just looks at their results and desperate to be proved right.

I mean, I could show you a list of the players they had available last year compared to this year and the minutes they played.

I could even post pictures of the line ups.

You chose to ignore everything so not really much point.

Just now, martin1905 said:

You come across as someone that just looks at their results and desperate to be proved right.

I mean, I could show you a list of the players they had available last year compared to this year and the minutes they played.

I could even post pictures of the line ups.

You chose to ignore everything so not really much point.

I did actually call what was happening back in September when yourself and Max were waxing lyrical about him. 
I repeat 29ts from their last 27games , goals scored declining , xG declining.  Don’t try and play basketball with Brighton, results are there to be achieved.

Far too many De Zerbi fan boys think they are the smart ones who can see what others can’t .

I don’t think he is a bad manager. I just don’t think he is as good as the De Zerbi hipsters think he is.

Generally speaking , and I accept there are always circumstances involved that I’ve to be taken into account.The aim is to sign managers and players on an upward curve, or before they hit their upward curve. 
You don’t spunk millions to get a manager out of another club whose record is currently on a downward trend, especially when it is clear the surprise element has gone and the opposition have worked things out.

I genuinely believe Brighton have no issue with losing him right now. They are staying very quiet on De Zerbi, waiting to bleed dry the first club that comes calling. 

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I did actually call what was happening back in September when yourself and Max were waxing lyrical about him. 
I repeat 29ts from their last 27games , goals scored declining , xG declining.  Don’t try and play basketball with Brighton, results are there to be achieved.

Far too many De Zerbi fan boys think they are the smart ones who can see what others can’t .

I don’t think he is a bad manager. I just don’t think he is as good as the De Zerbi hipsters think he is.

Generally speaking , and I accept there are always circumstances involved that I’ve to be taken into account.The aim is to sign managers and players on an upward curve, or before they hit their upward curve. 
You don’t spunk millions to get a manager out of another club whose record is currently on a downward trend, especially when it is clear the surprise element has gone and the opposition have worked things out.

I genuinely believe Brighton have no issue with losing him right now. They are staying very quiet on De Zerbi, waiting to bleed dry the first club that comes calling. 

15 points in their first 6 games with a fully fit squad then.

Must just be a coincidence that.

9 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

I think we are safe on this one. Poch is only two points from the magic 50 and another season at the helm. 

Brighton are just another Leicester or Southampton who after a while of sell of the best assets each season catches up with the club. I say within 2 seasons Brighton will get relegated. 

At least TB assisted in getting Tony Bloom on the cover of Forbes 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Another appalling performance surely ends any chance of De Zerbi coming here or going to any top club in the summer. Actually looks like the Brighton players are downing tools. 

We’re talking Todd ‘n’ Eggy here, along with those moronic, useless “sporting directors”….😬🙈😬💀👀

9 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Another appalling performance surely ends any chance of De Zerbi coming here or going to any top club in the summer. Actually looks like the Brighton players are downing tools

Guarantee you didn't watch it as this assumption is ridiculous 

Actually looks like this.......

Screenshot_20240429_071550_Chrome.jpg

Two players in the side that would have started last season.

Two. Out of eleven. 

All the excuses made for Pochettino, and ironically its the same people slating De Zerbi. 

It's a funny old game.

Edited by martin1905

3 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Two players in the side that would have started last season.

Two. Out of eleven. 

All the excuses made for Pochettino, and ironically its the same people slating De Zerbi. 

It's a funny old game.

About 5-6 of them are new signings. So someone at the club decided that they wanted these players at the club to play in the eleven you have posted. You claim to watch most of their matches, but I’m not sure you are paying any attention when watching them.

Club run by data savvy businessmen and all the data displays a downward trend. It’s got Brighton and De Zerbi part company by mutual consent written all over it, in approx 6 weeks time. I doubt  they will even be fussed about waiting for the compo pay off, should a club try to appoint him. 

13 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

About 5-6 of them are new signings. So someone at the club decided that they wanted these players at the club to play in the eleven you have posted. You claim to watch most of their matches, but I’m not sure you are paying any attention when watching them.

You are aware of how many first team players are injured aren't you? 

Why aren't I paying attention,  old wise one, please enlighten me with your wisdom?

And yesterday there was 3 new signings in the line up by the way,  maybe you should be the one paying more attention.

13 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Club run by data savvy businessmen and all the data displays a downward trend. It’s got Brighton and De Zerbi part company by mutual consent written all over it, in approx 6 weeks time. I doubt  they will even be fussed about waiting for the compo pay off, should a club try to appoint him. 

Not sure what anything you have said has to do with the manager, really poorly run club by the sounds of it.

They will be fighting relegation next year yet finished on 62 points last. 

Clearly down to the manager.

Edited by martin1905

31 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Guarantee you didn't watch it as this assumption is ridiculous 

Actually looks like this.......

Screenshot_20240429_071550_Chrome.jpg

The Telegraph is saying they lacked soul and motivation. That's about as bad as it gets in terms of criticism for a manager of a football team and ties in very well with my comment before their latest drubbing that his players have downed tools. 

I know our club does some strange and mad things at times,  but appointing Dr Zerbi would top them all. That said, i'm no longer worried that he'll be in the frame if Poch is sacked.

10 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

The Telegraph is saying they lacked soul and motivation. That's about as bad as it gets in terms of criticism for a manager of a football team and ties in very well with my comment before their latest drubbing that his players have downed tools. 

I know our club does some strange and mad things at times,  but appointing Dr Zerbi would top them all. That said, i'm no longer worried that he'll be in the frame if Poch is sacked.

I'd be more worried about your man Poch if I was you, lacked soul and motivation is something that could have been said about us many, many times this season.

The players haven't downed tools, they are shit. The team he has had for most of this season just isn't a premier league team and they will probably be relegated in the next couple of years. The club has destroyed itself and will pay the price.

Be honest with yourself, how many of those players that started yesterday, and that line up isn't a one off, have you even heard of?

2 players that played for him last season, 2!!!!!!!!! I don't even care if people don't want him here, I really don't, what I struggle with is those knocking him seem to be the same making every excuse under the sun for Pochettino. At least be fair and consistent. 

Edited by martin1905