Mauricio Pochettino leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Proud-Blue

19 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

You are aware of how many first team players are injured aren't you? 

Why aren't I paying attention,  old wise one, please enlighten me with your wisdom?

And yesterday there was 3 new signings in the line up by the way,  maybe you should be the one paying more attention.

Not sure what anything you have said has to do with the manager, really poorly run club by the sounds of it.

They will be fighting relegation next year yet finished on 62 points last. 

Clearly down to the manager.

I’m not wrong though. Your post referred to last season in terms of comparison. The keeper , Barco , Igor, Adringa, Joao Pedro were all not in their squad last season. That’s 5 players , I’m not familiar with the RB or player listed in the striker position, I don’t know their back history. These players are new signings for this season, in some cases (Adringa) they may have been signed before and out on loan last season, much like we do……they are still new signings to the Brighton squad this season, and still players that the club actively recruited and have been playing throughout this season. Everyone wants to laud their recruitment, until results trail off and then the recruitment isn’t as good as the players from last season who are injured !
Like I said, watching but not paying attention. 

4 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I'd be more worried about your man Poch if I was you, lacked soul and motivation is something that could have been said about us many, many times this season.

The players haven't downed tools, they are shit. The team he has had for most of this season just isn't a premier league team and they will probably be relegated in the next couple of years. The club has destroyed itself and will pay the price.

Be honest with yourself, how many of those players that started yesterday, and that line up isn't a one off, have you even heard of?

2 players that played for him last season, 2!!!!!!!!! I don't even care if people don't want him here, I really don't, what I struggle with is those knocking him seem to be the same making every excuse under the sun for Pochettino. At least be fair and consistent. 

Final point on this, cos you just won’t get it!

Look closer to home with this last paragraph. De Zerbi walked into what is widely regarded as one of the best set up’ and infrastructure in the PL. The team was playing well and everything was rosy, which he then improved during that season, and he deserves credit for that.

Poch walked into a club that had been a basket case for the previous 12-18 months, with many voices all wanting to be heard and with a squad of about 10-15 new players all being bedded in, whilst all the experienced players had left the ship .

Yet you talk about judging things from a fair and consistent viewpoint. 
I think it’s blindingly obvious to anyone with any understanding of football, that one of these two jobs is currently much more difficult than the other. 

1 minute ago, Thiago97 said:

I’m not wrong though. Your post referred to last season in terms of comparison. The keeper , Barco , Igor, Adringa, Joao Pedro were all not in their squad last season. That’s 5 players , I’m not familiar with the RB or player listed in the striker position, I don’t know their back history. These players are new signings for this season, in some cases (Adringa) they may have been signed before and out on loan last season, much like we do……they are still new signings to the Brighton squad this season, and still players that the club actively recruited and have been playing throughout this season. Everyone wants to laud their recruitment, until results trail off and then the recruitment isn’t as good as the players from last season who are injured !
Like I said, watching but not paying attention. 

Right, so three new signings, you said 5 or 6, I didn't include the keeper, never would with this type of debate, but if it helps you prove a point crack on.

I've never once lauded their recruitment,  not once, its a completely different subject that i have never engaged in.

The undeniable facts are that with last seasons team the man took Brighton to 6th place in the league, the highest finish in their history. With this team, they are in relegation form.

Now you can blame the manager for that but you seem to be putting it on the club at the same time, as you say someone thought these new players were good enough and the way you describe the club and the data savvy businessmen involed I assume you are alluding to it being them that do the recruitment and not the manager?

4 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I think it’s blindingly obvious to anyone with any understanding of football, that one of these two jobs is currently much more difficult than the other. 

Finally we agree on something.

I'll stop now, as you just don't get it and clearly don't even watch them, let alone pay attention, it's blinding obvious to anyone with any understanding of football but that's probably your problem.

Edited by martin1905

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

Right, so three new signings, you said 5 or 6, I didn't include the keeper, never would with this type of debate, but if it helps you prove a point crack on.

I've never once lauded their recruitment,  not once, its a completely different subject that i have never engaged in.

The undeniable facts are that with last seasons team the man took Brighton to 6th place in the league, the highest finish in their history. With this team, they are in relegation form.

Now you can blame the manager for that but you seem to be putting it on the club at the same time, as you say someone thought these new players were good enough and the way you describe the club and the data savvy businessmen involed I assume you are alluding to it being them that do the recruitment and not the manager?

Poch isn't "my man" he's our clubs man. I never rated him as an elite level manager who could get us back to challenging for the league. I never even wanted him to come here.

it's just that I want our managers to be given a couple of seasons, that's all. I'd ask for the same if we  appoint De Zerbi. 

7 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

The keeper very much counts when the manager has been so specific about playing out from the back. It’s still five cos Adringa came back improved after a successful loan. So I’m happy with 5-6 , cos it is at least 5 from that line up. I would not criticise De Zerbi on the recruitment , cos he may have only had small influence on that. Just like I wouldn’t praise him on recruiting players who signed before he joined the club . 
Anyway, I suspect we have done this to death and he’ll be on the market ina few weeks time. Let’s see how he gets on in his next role. 

Edited by Thiago97

Just now, boratsbrother said:

Poch isn't "my man" he's our clubs man. I never rated him as an elite level manager who could get us back to challenging for the league. I never even wanted him to come here.

it's just that I want our managers to be given a couple of seasons, that's all. I'd ask for the same if we  appoint De Zerbi. 

Obviously don’t watch them is quite funny. As I called this out to you 7 months back 😂

47 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Anyway, I suspect we have done this to death and he’ll be on the market ina few weeks time.

So will David Moyes 

I'll get my coat 

59 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

With this team, they are in relegation form.

If you keep your fingers crossed, you will be able to watch them at Aldershot in the next few seasons

and my hat

Edited by ROTG

19 minutes ago, ROTG said:

If you keep your fingers crossed, you will be able to watch them at Aldershot in the next few seasons

and my hat

Be interesting to see just how far they fall as relegation certainly looms. Will they do a Leicester and bounce straight back or be confined to the wilderness like many a, much bigger club,  over the years?

No doubt they will look back in their history and be proud that they built a good foundation, got the right man in to take them to the next level but wonder where it all went wrong. There's only so many times you can sell your best players for top end money and hope to replace them on the cheap. It's finally caught up with them.

I wonder if they will sit back and think, just imagine if we had kept that team that came 6th, the highest league finish in the clubs history.  Just imagine they had added to that squad and given the manager what he needed to push on even further instead of lining up with a team that consists of two players from the previous season. A season which ended with them amassing the most amount of points ever, finishing higher than they ever had before and competing in Europe for the first time in the clubs existence.

More likely,  judging by the far more knowledgeable people on here that don't even watch them, just look at their results so have a far better understanding of Brighton this season as even when someone watches all their games and outlines all the reasons why it's gone so wrong, clearly they know more and anyone that can't see it's the managers fault just doesn’t have any understanding of football.

It really is , a funny old game.

Edited by martin1905
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Be interesting to see just how far they fall as relegation certainly looms.

What do you mean, Martin? As much as I desperately want them to go down, I don't see Brighton being amongst the worst 3 PL sides next season.  Unless they lose a load more players.

Europe has definitely taken its toll on their squad. Without it next season, they should improve. 

2 hours ago, martin1905 said:

More likely,  judging by the far more knowledgeable people on here that don't even watch them, just look at their results so have a far better understanding of Brighton this season as even when someone watches all their games and outlines all the reasons why it's gone so wrong, clearly they know more and anyone that can't see it's the managers fault just doesn’t have any understanding of football.

Maybe I am being thick and not quite following the double negatives. I THINK you are saying that their demise is not down to RdZ but a cumulation of other factors? I would agree with that. 

I also think his stock has fallen somewhat in the last couple of months. 

Popped over to a Spuds forum to see what they think of the game and came across this stat.

One manager is getting praise for  doing a good job with a settled team at a club with no real issues, on or off the pitch and nobody wanting him sacked.  The other gets nothing but stick and everyone wanting him sacked.

Last 5 games - Chelsea have 8 points, Spurs have 7.

Last 10 games - Chelsea 17, Spurs 16.

Last 15 - Chelsea 26, Spurs 24.

Last 20 - Chelsea 32, Sours 34.

Last 25 - Chelsea 37, Spurs 40.

Hmmmm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Popped over to a Spuds forum to see what they think of the game and came across this stat.

One manager is getting praise for  doing a good job with a settled team at a club with no real issues, on or off the pitch and nobody wanting him sacked.  The other gets nothing but stick and everyone wanting him sacked.

Hmmmm.

They're both crap managers. Both wedded to chaos ball

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Hmmmm.

Perception is a funny thing. 

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

They're both crap managers. Both wedded to chaos ball

Until Klopp signed a great centre back and keeper, his team were also chaotic, playing what their fans called "heavy metal football' with all out attack and little defence. Not even Klopp could sort everything out in one season. 

There's an agenda against Poch just as there was against Rafa,  and you know it!

Edited by boratsbrother

29 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Until Klopp signed a great centre back and keeper, his team were also chaotic, playing what their fans called "heavy metal football' with all out attack and little defence. Not even Klopp could sort everything out in one season. 

There's an agenda against Poch just as there was against Rafa,  and you know it!

Can you please define what you think Pochettino is doing on the training pitch that is worthy of praise then? 

Half our players are injured and the rest don't appear to know what to do other than wing it. 

32 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Of course there is and the fact you mention him in the same breath as Benitez tells you why.

3 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

When one of TBSD who run the first team, brings in his CB paring from his previous at employers at a considerable cost, you can bet there is not a chance in hell there will be an upgrade whist he as a part of TBSD team is responsible for first team affairs

3 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Of course there is and the fact you mention him in the same breath as Benitez tells you why.

TFSW took the club from 12th to 3rd and Europa cup in 7 months - Toilet coach

not forgetting it saved the clubs bacon as defending CL champions were a one hit wonder and could not defend their title

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

not forgetting it saved the clubs bacon as defending CL champions were a one hit wonder and could not defend their title

He's still an odious little twerp 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Never have questioned his ability as a coach.

Completely irrelevant. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Hmmmm.

Nothing to be proud of broski. 😬🙈😔👀

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Nothing to be proud of broski. 😬🙈😔👀

Spurs, Utd, Villa and Newcastle are the teams we have fo try to catch up with before we can think of competing with the top teams. Those stats are factual proof that we are closing the gap that was there at the start of this season.

Close that gap and some good cup runs were what fans were asking for at the start of the season. Regardless of the score tomorrow, that has been achieved, but the goal posts have been moved since the goals were set.

5 hours ago, ROTG said:

He did a brilliant job under very difficult circumstances! Also held himself together with great dignity.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Whats more important to you. Holding grudges or supporting the manager of your team? 

I'll admit that I didn't want Rafa here, or Poch for that matter and for obvious reasons. But once they become the Chelsea manager I disgard my objections to their appointment and support the manager while they are here. I'm  firmly against Jose returning, but again, if he returns then I'll be rooting for him to do well.