Azpilicueta - Legend departs

My Blood Is Blue

That goodbye video actually got me, welled up a little. What a player, what a signing, what a man. Little sad that his final season with us was ... Well, that season. But fitting in its own way given he stayed precisely because we were in a hole and needed him last summer. He can't be the player we need any more but we'll still sorely miss him.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I'm in bits after watching that video.  

I can't add anything useful to what has already been said.

One of our greats in absolutely every way.  Wish him nothing but the best of everything.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Eleven years, 508 appearances, one of the most consistent backs, left and right, in the premier league, and probably the best one-on-one defender. For young players, he is an object lesson on how it should be done. I wish him the best wherever life leads him. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

One of those players who just by walking back on the SB pitch in any capacity will be greeted with warmth appreciation and delight by all present..says it all ....."Gracias Maestro".....and "Suerte".

Just watched the video...." Only people make you cry"..sometimes for all the right reasons...and in my case it's just allergies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sad to see him leave. I think we will really miss him, maybe not so much on the pitch, but his personality and influence on the players and the club. I would have liked him to stay and retire here, before transitioning into the coaching side. At same time, maybe another couple of years playing is what he wants before calling it a day. 
Great signing and servant to the club. 

"Dave" was a top man and a top player, and a PROPER legend, unlike some players who are cheaply regarded as legends by certain sections of the media or their ex pro mate football pundits.  He will be missed by everyone who supports the club.  Farewell Dave,  a true LEGEND.

• Agree 1

Brilliant guy, brilliant captain, brilliant player too who gave his all whenever he was on the pitch; and was leader of a great set of players and he really held the group together and made them bond so well. I think we'll miss his character more than we realise, I hope the club tried to make him stay or at least spoke to him about returning in a coaching role of some sort, he's the type of professional you want to have influence young and upcoming players.