Official: Chelsea sign Nicolas Jackson on an 8 Year Contract

JaneB

On 24/04/2024 at 10:56, My Blood Is Blue said:

He had a chance to shoot but never shot, therefore it doesn't register as a shot at goal and therefore the chance of him scoring is zero. Don't shoot, you can't score.

That is a huge flaw in the Xgls model IMO

That was a clear cut chance with a high % chance of scoring. 

• Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alex
On 23/04/2024 at 17:58, paulw66 said:

If social media companies insisted on some photo ID to open an account, these problems would disappear. 

This is a point I often hear that hasn't been thought out at all from a global perspective.

If social media companies did that then in all the autocratic countries where they're such a a force for social justice,  police could then identify and persecute  those dissenting online.

11 hours ago, martin1905 said:

36 starts.

22 goal contributions in 36 starts for a 22 year old in his first year in England. He averages a goal or assist every 148 minutes. 

In the Premier league he's  got 13 goals and 5 assists in 28 starts.

It's a very, very good debut season and he's only going to get better.

Not just the numbers but watching him play you can see he is really talented. Quick, can be strong, hold up play is very good and links well with teammates. Two clear areas of improvement are shooting technique and headers. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Bison said:

Not just the numbers but watching him play you can see he is really talented. Quick, can be strong, hold up play is very good and links well with teammates. Two clear areas of improvement are shooting technique and headers. 

Fluffs his lines on the big occasions.

he is exactly what is written on the label a £30m "£18 if you are Bournemouth" number two in a top PL team.

If he is the real deal why are the club constantly linked with other strikers, surely with Project Chelsea the club would just perceiver with him?

Broke down his goals before and they clearly show his level, `'gets a brace yesterday when the team are 3-0 up and west spam had thrown the towel in"

Edited by ROTG

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ROTG said:

he is exactly what is written on the label a £30m "£18 if you are Bournemouth" number two in a top PL team.

100%, that's exactly what he is and pretty sure you won't find anyone arguing against this.

£30m for a number two in a top team, with the potential to get much , much better represents excellent business by the TBSD so fair play to them.

Who knows how good he could become though, if we judge him the way you judge Cole Plamer then fair chance he will be even better. Maybe you should take your own advice?

Edited by martin1905
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Fluffs his lines on the big occasions.

If he is the real deal why are the club constantly linked with other strikers, surely with Project Chelsea the club would just perceiver with him?

Broke down his goals before and they clearly show his level, `'gets a brace yesterday when the team are 3-0 up and west spam had thrown the towel in"

Scored to put us in front vs Spurs away, an equalising goal against Man City at home, goal against Newcastle at home to give us the lead and put the game away against Spurs at home recently.

If Sterling (6 goals), Mudryk (4) and Madueke (5) had a similar output to Jackson this season we'd comfortably be in a Champions League place.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Bison said:

Scored to put us in front vs Spurs away

Took him 30 minutes against 9 men to score the first goal  

Let’s steer clear of the FA cup semi against Chitty. 

45 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Who knows how good he could become though, if we judge him the way you judge Cole Plamer then fair chance he will be even better. Maybe you should take your own advice?

Bit of a double edge sword this one. 

If the club do go after another striker then one would assume he goes down the pecking order, with that said one might see him getting game time on the left wing, which is probably a more effect option the Mudryk.  

7 hours ago, Alex said:

This is a point I often hear that hasn't been thought out at all from a global perspective.

If social media companies did that then in all the autocratic countries where they're such a a force for social justice,  police could then identify and persecute  those dissenting online.

While autocratic countries using fake accounts dissent against other countries online too

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

Took him 30 minutes against 9 men to score the first goal  

Let’s steer clear of the FA cup semi against Chitty. 

Yeah, took the team 30 minutes to figure out how to perfectly time a through ball against a team standing on their half way line.

The semi final was bad but he has done enough to show he can be a good player and will improve, to suggest otherwise is wrong. 

• Like 1

Guest Alex
3 hours ago, Bones said:

While autocratic countries using fake accounts dissent against other countries online too

Sorry I can't resist doing an xceleryx-style response. Please imagine this being said in the voice of Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons:

'You have an almost intuitive grasp of the obvious'.

Yes those sort of countries have government troll farms pumping out fuel to fire the flames of the political culture wars in the West. The irony here being that the sort of content they produce is all about things like 'virtue-signalling', and 'cancel-culture', that you were mentioning yesterday, to rile people up and divide our society.

Guest Alex

To me this is all academic since I can't see us splashing out on the  big star striker we need and how many successes have there been on that front anyway?

For every Costa, Drogba, Hasslebaink, Vialli and Zola there have been many mixed bags like Torres, Morata..etc and then all the flops.

For me Jackson's in the mixed-bag camp for the time being, but with reasonable potential.

3 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

During his combined 3 and a half seasons at Utd and Chelsea, Lukaku scored one goal against a team that was in the top 6 at the time of playing them. The ultimate in Premiership bottle jobs when playing for a big club against the top teams.Unlike Lukaku, Jackson is a very raw and inexperienced player at this level and one that should only get better.

You can twist his stats any way you want to, but most fans will be pleased with his goal output and hard work for the team this season. In today's money, £30 million is looking like it's going to be a great value for money signing.

Jackson for 30m. Palmer for 40m . Gusto for 35m . 3 of our 4 best players this season for the price of one Lukaku has been outstanding transfer business by our much maligned transfer dealing duo.

Not sure why you are being up Lukaku, however go look at his stats, his first full season in the PL on loan at West Brom when he was 18-19 years old, he scored 17 in 35 games in the PL plus 7 assist 

in suggest you don’t look at Lukaku’s  stats when he was 22 years old. 

7 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Not sure why you are being up Lukaku, however go look at his stats, his first full season in the PL on loan at West Brom when he was 18-19 years old, he scored 17 in 35 games in the PL plus 7 assist 

in suggest you don’t look at Lukaku’s  stats when he was 22 years old. 

I very clearly talked about his performances for the two big clubs he's played for in this country and his record for them against teams in the top 6. It was appalling! 

He was decent at smaller clubs where there pressure to perform isn't anywhere near sane level as it is for Utd or Chelsea. In the big games for the big club he couldn't cut it. That is a statisticle fact!

• Agree 4

8 hours ago, Alex said:

Sorry I can't resist doing an xceleryx-style response. Please imagine this being said in the voice of Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons:

'You have an almost intuitive grasp of the obvious'.

Yes those sort of countries have government troll farms pumping out fuel to fire the flames of the political culture wars in the West. The irony here being that the sort of content they produce is all about things like 'virtue-signalling', and 'cancel-culture', that you were mentioning yesterday, to rile people up and divide our society.

I think you are reading more into my comment that there is in there, mate.

I’m not advocating for any particular point of action, just making a general comment.

Guest Alex
7 hours ago, Bones said:

I think you are reading more into my comment that there is in there, mate.

I’m not advocating for any particular point of action, just making a general comment.

Except that's not true. Yesterday in a debate with another member of the site you started using loaded political culture-war terms like 'virtue-signalling' and 'cancel-culture'. 

The overwhelming majority of people visiting this site want to talk about football and indulge in a bit of general harmless chit-chat. If anyone really wants to discuss politics there's any number of outlets where they can indulge themselves. 

Perhaps you were using those terms without understanding them, if that's the case, I'll inform you that they're extremely politicised. 'Virtue-signalling' is a pejorative slur used to denigrate progressives by the right, accusing them of grandstanding and backing a cause they don't believe in to look good. Basically of being fake and having an ulterior motive. It's like the terms 'woke-washing', 'snowflake' and 'libtard'.

The whole 'cancel culture' thing is similarly politically pregnant. You may genuinely have meant nothing by these terms (in which case also Google 'cancel culture'), but they've said a lot about you, your political viewpoints or those of your social circle and the media outlets you most probably favour.

And again, the irony here is these sort of terms, along with associated talking points are usually handed out to pro-regime media outlets in those authoritarian countries we were talking about, because they're all extremely right-wing.

Anyway I don't want to know about your politics, football and friendly banter for me only, please keep your politicised slogans out of your posts.

27 minutes ago, Alex said:

The overwhelming majority of people visiting this site want to talk about football and indulge in a bit of general harmless chit-chat.

This. And long may it last.

27 minutes ago, Alex said:

Anyway I don't want to know about your politics, football and friendly banter for me only, please keep your politicised slogans out of your posts.

I'm with you Alex.