Official: Chelsea sign Nicolas Jackson on an 8 Year Contract

JaneB

5 hours ago, xceleryx said:

* Note this does take into account his time at Villarreal. 

29% at Villarreal and 15% at here. 

While he is frustrating, there is room to improve. Considering the quality of chances he does miss, I do imagine we'll see his conversion rate improve eventually. 

How many of the above upped their average by scoring a hattrick against 9 men?

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

How many of the above upped their average by scoring a hattrick against 9 men?

Why don't you sift through every player mentioned and calculate how many of their goals came against sides that were down to 10 men or less and then get back to me. 

2 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Why don't you sift through every player mentioned and calculate how many of their goals came against sides that were down to 10 men or less and then get back to me. 

Why

I am not the one trying to champion him.

Maybe TBSD will use the same data to tell Toddles & Eggy's that everything is rose in the garden with regards to our striking department and no need to spend any further money on a striker? 

11 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Why

I am not the one trying to champion him.

Maybe TBSD will use the same data to tell Toddles & Eggy's that everything is rose in the garden with regards to our striking department and no need to spend any further money on a striker? 

Why? You know exactly why. When you stir the pot as often as you do one gets to pick up on these things.

TIL posting some information about one of our players was considered championing.

6 hours ago, xceleryx said:

While he is frustrating, there is room to improve. Considering the quality of chances he does miss, I do imagine we'll see his conversion rate improve eventually. 

sounds like championing to me

25 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

TIL posting some information about one of our players was considered championing.

9 hours ago, kev61 said:

I wonder does that fact the manager doesn't know his arse from his elbow make a difference to a player's confidence?

We watched Luton tearing us apart in the final stages because they had a free player coming in from the left hand side.It was a simple change to thwart the pressure we came under.

Could Mudryk not be assigned to a similar role?.Imo he is being wasted because of a coach that can't coach.

I've seen enough of Poch that says to me he should go asap.

Difficult to forecast history. However, I suspect that when we do eventually look back on Poch time at Chelsea. It will be viewed as undervalued and underappreciated.

The more I watch these players on a weekly basis. The more I think he is actually doing a solid job. Not spectacular by any means right now, but a solid 7/10 when taking the context of what he is working with, and what he is not working with, on a game by game basis.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

10Gx3A in his first season in England with minimum 13 games left is pretty good imho. We should support this fella, he's only gonna get better.

The Great Didier finished on 16Gx9A in his first season in England in an infinitely better team. So Nicolas is going the right direction.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

10Gx3A in his first season in England with minimum 13 games left is pretty good imho. We should support this fella, he's only gonna get better.

The Great Didier finished on 16Gx9A in his first season in England in an infinitely better team. So Nicolas is going the right direction.

Yep he's been pretty good all things considered 

22 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

Particularly when you consider he missed 6 full games due to the AFCON,  and only came on for 25 minutes in the 7th game. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I thought Mudryck looked better through the middle than playing wide left.

Been saying this myself with respects to his playmaking ability. The idea he should just be plonked wide and that's it doesn't capitalise on his some of his better qualities. Even at Shakhtar he would often drift central to get onto the ball or find pocks of space where he can go either way when running at a defence. 

Just tough when Jackson also seems to fit better wider as well. 

On 12/11/2023 at 20:58, Rob B said:

Jackson is actually on course for 20 PL goals this season.  Quite incredible really. 

Huh? Jackson is on 7 PL goals as we speak. There is 12 games left to play. Even if he played and scored in all of them he'd end up on 19 goals. So yes, it would be very incredible if he managed to score 20 PL goals this season.

Edit: just realised your comment was quite old, never mind! 

Edited by Sleeping Dave

4 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I thought Mudryck looked better through the middle than playing wide left.

I got a bit frustrated that when playing wide he always drifts into central areas. Then when playing centrally he has a tendency to take the ball away from goal into wide areas

7 hours ago, Bison said:

Real talent who is better as a wide forward than through the middle.

Yes - a real talent who has a goal or assist every 168 minutes for us this season. Doing ok.

Mudryk has a goal or assist every 151 minutes, but he is apparently utter shit and cannot play football at all, according to some.

There is no massaging of figures here (all goals all comps) - just judging of forward players on goals and assists.

7 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Yes - a real talent who has a goal or assist every 168 minutes for us this season. Doing ok.

Mudryk has a goal or assist every 151 minutes, but he is apparently utter shit and cannot play football at all, according to some.

There is no massaging of figures here (all goals all comps) - just judging of forward players on goals and assists.

I am sure their figures would double if they were playing championship teams each week. Because that is their level.  

Neither will ever be top draw player and neither are what you would call a youngster.  

• Disagree 1

Great header. Also played an excellent through ball to Sterling who of course wasted the opportunity. 

Clear room for improvement is ball striking and shooting with his weaker foot.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Bison said:

Great header. Also played an excellent through ball to Sterling who of course wasted the opportunity. 

I’ve watched him in the warm-up shooting drills and he never gives the ball a smack.  I genuinely think that there may be an issue with him that prevents it.

12 minutes ago, east lower said:

I’ve watched him in the warm-up shooting drills and he never gives the ball a smack.  I genuinely think that there may be an issue with him that prevents it.

Yeah, he just doesn't seem to have the technique which is strange. Even more so on his weaker foot where it's really noticeable. He needs to work on this as a matter of priority because it's going to continue holding him back. I refuse to believe shooting isn't a skill that can't at least be developed at this stage. 

5 hours ago, Bison said:

Also needs to get his head up quicker and release the ball sooner. He's prone to always taking one or two more touches than he needs an either loses possession or kills the passing opportunity.

• Agree 2