West Ham United 3 Chelsea 1

2 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Brighton must be laughing at us, we paid them soo much

I said it this week. We've paid a British record fee for what is nothing more than a decent,  athletic, spoiling midfielder. Another player who we've paid more than twice what we should have done 

• Like 1

You gotta laugh, I literally had to check my calender to see if I had been time travelled back to last season. I'm actually going to fake a Police report for fraud as we've obviously been conned in some of these transfers. Caicedo looked like he just had a leg transplant with Forrest Gump. Honestly how can I look at this squad and predict nothing more than 12th - 15th position.

• Agree 1

Looking at positives, i hope this is a turning point of no more Mr nice guy from Poch. He now has reason to rip into them and demand more. No killer instinct in attack, but also no killer instinct defending either, as we seem intent on keeping games alive. 
I was infuriated with the first half performance as other good teams just would not be ahead after playing like that. 2nd half was just a mess and terrible performance . 

• JaneB changed the title to West Ham United 3 Chelsea 1
4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Can't help feeling this game would have been very different with Nkunku fit.

I felt our season died when it was announced he'd be out for months. And that shouldn't  be after spending so much.

I'd have taken a Maddison all day over furnishing Strasbourg with signings.

2 minutes ago, Box of Tricks said:

I felt our season died when it was announced he'd be out for months. And that shouldn't  be after spending so much.

No offence but how can we be pining for a player who hasn’t even played yet?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Box of Tricks said:

I actually do think the young player strategy will come through in the end.

Chuk as an an example was absolutely great today.

Problem is more some of the more "experienced" lads.

Disasi has been dreadful, Mudryk absolutely woeful.

Signing Fofana too looks a big error due to his injury record - arguably Cucurella too.

Problem isn't the 20 million 18 year olds it's the no. of 60 million+ 20-25 year olds who have been garbage.

I do think we are also getting more of the transfers more right now Boehly and co aren't in charge of them.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

No offence but how can we be pining for a player who hasn’t even played yet?

He was brilliant in pre-season.

Not sure about Maddison though.

I think we need a proper experienced striker as I am really unconvinced Jackson and Broja will be able to carry the pressure.

Anyone be surprised if we dropped 150 million on Oshimen now?

The thing I'm most worried about is how damn young our squad is this season. It feels really unprecedented. I like a lot of the players and I like Poch. And I am willing to be patient.

But has any top club ever had a squad this young? They could absolutely crumble. That is my biggest worry.

I don't suppose posting when you're boiling up inside with rage is really the done thing but I'm going to anyway 

Stewart and Winstanley should be sacked immediately. We don't need them. They're stealing a living. 

Where to start today? 

Once again, we're on about the tenth manager now, we have no idea what is going to occur when we have a corner or a free kick, no idea whatsoever. 

We've just sold fourteen or more first team players and bar the odd forward pass are playing exactly the same way as last season that had it lasted three weeks longer would have relegated us. Why? 

Before West Ham scored their second goal we passed and passed and passed and passed and passed and passed and passed and passed and passed and achieved nothing, West Ham could have ordered and eaten a Pizza in that time. 

We are the masters of stupidity we have not one whit of football intelligence throughout the squad, why is that? Is it because you can't plot a graph on "clever" so the stats boys don't understand it, like they don't understand character? 

Our keeper is rubbish. 

Our "new superstar" centre half is rubbish 

Our tricky winger is rubbish 

Our new holding midfielder is rubbish and stupid. 

Our one centre forward is isolated. 

Nobody has any idea of their role in the squad. 

They're making it up as they go along 

Absolute turds the lot of them. 

Very disappointing, however I’m gonna put it down to being one of those bad days where it’s not meant to be. When Caicedo almost set them up with the lazy pass and then gave the penalty away I just thought yep its one of them days.

We played some good  stuff in the first half which was encouraging, so I’m gonna take that and try and remain positive.

Try and get a win on Friday night and move on…