West Ham United 3 Chelsea 1

I’m just clinging to the hope that this game is a turning point along the lines of Conte at Arsenal.

It has all the feelings of that to me. I think and really hope that Poch has learned a lot here today. I just hope we look back on this as a blip.  Yes , we are a young squad of players , but we have to cut this naivety out of our game. It stands out a mile and experienced teams and managers can counter it every time. 
This game was heading only one direction from half time. It was glaringly obvious cos it’s the same thing that happens , rinse and repeat for the last 2-3 seasons now. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't suppose posting when you're boiling up inside with rage is really the done thing but I'm going to anyway 

Stewart and Winstanley should be sacked immediately. We don't need them. They're stealing a living. 

Where to start today? 

Once again, we're on about the tenth manager now, we have no idea what is going to occur when we have a corner or a free kick, no idea whatsoever. 

We've just sold fourteen or more first team players and bar the odd forward pass are playing exactly the same way as last season that had it lasted three weeks longer would have relegated us. Why? 

Before West Ham scored their second goal we passed and passed and passed and passed and passed and passed and passed and passed and passed and achieved nothing, West Ham could have ordered and eaten a Pizza in that time. 

We are the masters of stupidity we have not one whit of football intelligence throughout the squad, why is that? Is it because you can't plot a graph on "clever" so the stats boys don't understand it, like they don't understand character? 

Our keeper is rubbish. 

Our "new superstar" centre half is rubbish 

Our tricky winger is rubbish 

Our new holding midfielder is rubbish and stupid. 

Our one centre forward is isolated. 

Nobody has any idea of their role in the squad. 

They're making it up as they go along 

Absolute turds the lot of them. 

Lukaku: did someone say pizza?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

The thing I'm most worried about is how damn young our squad is this season. It feels really unprecedented. I like a lot of the players and I like Poch. And I am willing to be patient.

Having spent the money we've got no choice but to be patient now!

Having said that, I've just turned Talk Sport on and already they have received messages of Poch out.🤯

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't suppose posting when you're boiling up inside with rage is really the done thing but I'm going to anyway 

Stewart and Winstanley should be sacked immediately. We don't need them. They're stealing a living. 

Where to start today? 

Once again, we're on about the tenth manager now, we have no idea what is going to occur when we have a corner or a free kick, no idea whatsoever. 

We've just sold fourteen or more first team players and bar the odd forward pass are playing exactly the same way as last season that had it lasted three weeks longer would have relegated us. Why? 

Before West Ham scored their second goal we passed and passed and passed and passed and passed and passed and passed and passed and passed and achieved nothing, West Ham could have ordered and eaten a Pizza in that time. 

We are the masters of stupidity we have not one whit of football intelligence throughout the squad, why is that? Is it because you can't plot a graph on "clever" so the stats boys don't understand it, like they don't understand character? 

Our keeper is rubbish. 

Our "new superstar" centre half is rubbish 

Our tricky winger is rubbish 

Our new holding midfielder is rubbish and stupid. 

Our one centre forward is isolated. 

Nobody has any idea of their role in the squad. 

They're making it up as they go along 

Absolute turds the lot of them. 

It might just be me but I’m getting the feeling that you’re not happy right now!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

No offence but how can we be pining for a player who hasn’t even played yet?

More the prospect of him in that role - finally having someone with a bit of all-round creativity in the final third who'd be a foil for whoever played up top. Not to mention a goalscorer in his own right too.

To have that ripped away before the season even started was a massive disappointment because beyond him, it's just last season's attack again.

2 minutes ago, Box of Tricks said:

More the prospect of him in that role - finally having someone with a bit of all-round creativity in the final third who'd be a foil for whoever played up top. Not to mention a goalscorer in his own right too.

To have that ripped away before the season even started was a massive disappointment because beyond him, it's just last season's attack again.

Yeah but we don’t know if he’s the answer yet. 

Disasi is not good and looks very heavy footed.

Mudryk desperately needs a loan.

Chilwell should never play LW again.

Thiago Silva needs to be phased out ASAP.

Sterling, Chukwuemeka and Jackson were all positives. Hopefully Chuks injury isn't a long one. 

9 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I’m not saying this lightly. But if we’re not going to bring in a striker, then Lukaku is better than nothing. 

Was just thinking that. If there was some way there could be a coming together he could be ideal.

Doesn't seem like Poch fancies him though.

1 minute ago, chrisb said:

It might just be me but I’m getting the feeling that you’re not happy right now!

I'm really not. 

I'd just like a job where I can point to a graph and blind someone with numbers, get paid a fortune and when it all goes Pete Tong, it will be someone else paying for it. 

Short of putting Enzo in a wheelchair by reversing the team bus over him Winstanley and Stewarts boy Caicedo had the worst debut ever.  His performance was akin to Lukaku's when he first joined the club stupefied by the desire to do well and paralysed by fear. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bison said:

Sterling, Chukwuemeka and Jackson were all positives. Hopefully Chuks injury isn't a long one. 

I was not in love with bits of Disasi game last week. I thought he did alright first half, but looked lost 2nd half. It’s too early for him, but the signs are not great so far.

Mudryk has to get a run of games starting. He is generally dreadful off the bench and struggles to pick up the pace and intensity of the game, barring his debut at Anfield .

I agree on the positives. They were our best three players . 

4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Was just thinking that. If there was some way there could be a coming together he could be ideal.

Doesn't seem like Poch fancies him though.

Lukaku is a non person, I have more chance of playing for Chelsea and on today's evidence I'd get a game. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bison said:

It's heresy to talk about Silva like that but his lack of speed ensures we have to play a certain defensive set up and its generally to our detriment. It's like Alonso all over again. 

Just now, Chelsea_Matt said:

Yeah but we don’t know if he’s the answer yet. 

True, but it's the hope, etc.

But even with the bar as low as it has been, I don't think we can afford to lose a goalscorer and creator even if they don't produce stellar numbers. Looking around the squad, who really is capable of getting double figures or even near it?

1 minute ago, chrisb said:

I have a bit of a dilemma.
My West Ham supporting co-worker went to the game but is returning to the office shortly to pick up his bag.

Do I hit him with the CO2 extinguisher or the foam one?

I say do what "Chelsea" would do. 

Offer no resistance 

• Haha 3

Apparently, some fans  at the game (don't know if they were ours or theirs) were laughing at Mudryk every time he got the ball. 🙁

I can't think of a player in the Premiership who's looked so poor every time he's played,  to come back from that and become a top player. Hope he turns things around but it's not looking at all likely that he can.🙁

3 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Apparently, some fans  at the game (don't know if they were ours or theirs) were laughing at Mudryk every time he got the ball. 🙁

I can't think of a player in the Premiership who's looked so poor every time he's played,  to come back from that and become a top player. Hope he turns things around but it's not looking at all likely that he can.🙁

I just don’t understand how players reaching the pinnacle of the game can be so lacking in confidence and appear so mentally weak.

5 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

His mentality worries me. 
At least Jackson has a look in his eye of being a bit of a killer.

Mudryk looks so nervous in actually half-important games.