West Ham United 3 Chelsea 1

2 hours ago, Bison said:

Excellent post.

Mudryk had a promising 20 min debut at Anfield but has been a disaster ever since.

I'm convinced he'd already be out on loan if he was bought for half the fee, but the club is simply too embarrassed to make the right decision so the charade continues.

The really frustrating thing is we're selling Hall, somebody who at the age of 18 already plays football at a level that is simply beyond Mudryk's capabilities.

The agenda really is strong when we're ignoring the literal fact Mudryk has zero influence on Hall's future, given they play completely different positions.

14 minutes ago, ROTG said:

The £107m pound investment missed the penalty and the team lost.

Also the team has 20 minutes "26 including added time" to get an equaliser against 10 men and failed, and to make things worst £115m investment "who had not played a competitive game for 60 days " concedes a penalty for a vey rash challenge, which if you had been paying attention would have noted, others on this forum have mention rash tackles as one of his achilles heels. 

I am sure on Friday at 10 PM all the failures of yesterday you will have forgotten.

This is just telling me what happened. I watched and seen all this. It still has zero relevance to your snide comments that I responded to and which were pointless to yesterday’s game. 
You want to drag up handball and VAR for why last season players could have got a result. Whilst not acknowledging we played much better in spells yesterday and missed a penalty that was crucial.

So back to my original question. What’s the point in that one sided post ? There isn’t any really, just another attempt and snarky comments against the team you support. As you can see everything that the average fan can’t !

Its ridiculous 

13 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Wasn't great to be somewhere with no signal and getting angry WhatsApp messages and much delayed 5th Stand notifications as my info. I don't think I'll bother with the highlights!

Sounds good to me.I would rather hear nothing from anybody for a long time.

11 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

This is just telling me what happened. I watched and seen all this. It still has zero relevance to your snide comments that I responded to and which were pointless to yesterday’s game. 
You want to drag up handball and VAR for why last season players could have got a result. Whilst not acknowledging we played much better in spells yesterday and missed a penalty that was crucial.

So back to my original question. What’s the point in that one sided post ? There isn’t any really, just another attempt and snarky comments against the team you support. As you can see everything that the average fan can’t !

Its ridiculous 

BTW regardless of the VAR last season the team drew, which is more  than the team did yesterday. 

Toodles. 

17 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Sounds good to me.I would rather hear nothing from anybody for a long time.

I'd be quite happy with it too if it wasn't for the fact that every 30 minutes or so I'd get just enough signal to get a single WhatsApp message saying "ffs" or "not this sh*t again" without any more description or explanation!

I missed Liverpool too, but am able to go to the Luton game so hopefully I'm what the team have been missing and it all clicks into place from Friday!

Just now, thevelourfog said:

I'd be quite happy with it too if it wasn't for the fact that every 30 minutes or so I'd get just enough signal to get a single WhatsApp message saying "ffs" or "not this sh*t again" without any more description or explanation!

I missed Liverpool too, but am able to go to the Luton game so hopefully I'm what the team have been missing and it all clicks into place from Friday!

I'm now counting on you to be the catalyst for change .

33 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

The agenda really is strong when we're ignoring the literal fact Mudryk has zero influence on Hall's future, given they play completely different positions.

No agenda. Hall can definitely do a job at LW and the same goes for Maatsen. They have a baseline level of talent that allows them to cover several positions to a decent level. 

Unfortunately for them there's just too much politics at this football club for there to be any meritocracy.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

I would love to ask Poch why he doesn't rate Chabolah compared to Disasi.

[SNIP]

Chalobah is injured (as are two other central defenders and a right back 😞 ).  The choice currently available to Pochettino is Silva, Colwill, Disasi and Humphreys in central defence.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Bison said:

No agenda. Hall can definitely do a job at LW and the same goes for Maatsen. They have a baseline level of talent that allows them to cover several positions to a decent level. 

Unfortunately for them there's just too much politics at this football club for there to be any meritocracy.

I think this is not completely wrong, Hall, Chalobah and Gallagher should all have been players we would trust in the final squad. If we turn around and sell Chalobah and Gallagher now the club has lost all sense. 

A few things. 

It’s important to grasp that even though we have a new team we still have the same problems like last season. Midfield should be solved once Caicedo and Enzo is up to speed together but we still have a sub-standard goalkeeper (albeit much cheaper) and an acute lack of goals in the side. 

The Premier League is competitive, and every team can score goals against you. If you have issues scoring, losing points is always a distinct possibility. Much like last season. 

It would be prudent for us as fans to recalibrate our expectations. I’ve read posters who honestly believe we can challenge City this season. Fairytale stuff - that is 100% not going to happen. The very best we can hope for is 4th and for me that would be a fantastic achievement. Most likely we are looking at 5th-8th. 

Playing 3atb must stop immediately. 

We buy Disasi for a lot of money while entertaining selling Chalobah - madness yet again. 

Gallagher is definitely good enough to be part of the squad and in regular rotation. Selling him should not even be considered. 

We simply have to buy a proven goalscorer - there’s no other option. If we don’t score goals we will continue to lose games we should win or draw, or draw games we should win comfortably. 

I’m not overly disappointed, just trying to have a realistic take on what we can expect. Expect a lot more results like yesterday unless we get a serious keeper and goalscorer into the club before the window shuts.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Sleeping Dave said:

I’m not overly disappointed, just trying to have a realistic take on what we can expect. Expect a lot more results like yesterday unless we get a serious keeper and goalscorer into the club before the window shuts.

I don't think they're going to get a serious keeper , the guy they're looking at is playing in the NFL  ( seen clips he looks good but I saw the same kind of clips of Slonina who's now in Belgium for some reason ) 

Because Ben Godfrey was at Brighton with Sanchez they have put all their eggs in a Brighton shaped basket in the hope he can discover some ability. 

Has anyone seen the Chelsea Team? Where are they hiding?

We have some geezers in Blue shirts and white socks running around but they are not the Chelsea Team!

The owners think they are the Chelsea Team, the Management think they are the Chelsea Team, but we all know they are not the Chelsea Team!

The real Chelsea Team used to score the opening goal!

The real Chelsea Team used to score a second goal!

The real Chelsea Team used to have a solid defence with an on-field leader!

The real Chelsea Team used to have decent strikers!

The real Chelsea Team used to score 3 or 4 goals!

The real Chelsea Team used to win matches!

Where is the Chelsea Team?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Orbain Utd said:

Has anyone seen the Chelsea Team? Where are they hiding?

We have some geezers in Blue shirts and white socks running around but they are not the Chelsea Team!

The owners think they are the Chelsea Team, the Management think they are the Chelsea Team, but we all know they are not the Chelsea Team!

The real Chelsea Team used to score the opening goal!

The real Chelsea Team used to score a second goal!

The real Chelsea Team used to have a solid defence with an on-field leader!

The real Chelsea Team used to have decent strikers!

The real Chelsea Team used to score 3 or 4 goals!

The real Chelsea Team used to win matches!

Where is the Chelsea Team?

Disappeared in the mid 2010’s with a blip in 2021.

Lost our leaders, lost our owner, lost our ruthlessness = lost our identity.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, east lower said:

Disappeared in the mid 2010’s with a blip in 2021.

Lost our leaders, lost our owner, lost our ruthlessness = lost our identity.

I’m NOT pining for the past and I try to be fair but - without excusing any of his mistakes - I miss Roman more than ever.

Todd ‘n’ Eggy have put a lot of money in but it was just too much too soon and not considered enough. 

But we have no choice but to get on with it now.

• Agree 2

A lot of people are looking at our next 4 - 6 fixtures and thinking that we are going to hoover up a lot of points. The problem with that theory is those teams are going to play with low blocks, men behind the ball who hope for set pieces. That is our kryptonite.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Someone on social media somewhere mentioned that we have spent a billion pounds and we haven't got a single player to inspire fear in the opposition . 

I guess it more to do with how many of the £1b recruitments would walk into the starting line up / improve any of the top teams in the PL and Europe?

Anyway this is old hat - best left until to end of May

Toddle-pip

• Like 1