Axel Disasi signs for Chelsea

When RJ is fit again, and now that we have proper cover for him, could he not be played in a RW position to perhaps lessen his box to box workload?

He's about the best finisher at the club since Alonso left.

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Rumour that he is being called into the France squad. Solid player (in every sense)

Will be interesting to see what happens when Badiashile is fit. A back four of James, Disasi, Badiashile, Colwill is effing big, and strong.

10 minutes ago, Bison said:

Very solid, hardly put a foot wrong. Good passer and don't think I've seen him lose and ariel duel yet. Probably not the most comfortable defending wide areas 1v1 but everybody isn't perfect.

Looking forward to seeing a back four of Reece James, Disasi, Badiashile and Colwill.

This is blatant plagiarism! 

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Still not too sure what to make of Disasi. The biggest compliment I can pay him, is that he has been very steady for a new player into this league.

He doesn't seem to possess the class that Badiashille looks to have on the ball, but adds some much needed physical presence to the team.

If being ultra critical, his footwork looks a bit slow at times to me. A couple of occasions he can't seem to sort his feet out quick enough, which has made him look a little cumbersome.

Maybe a CB version Paolo Ferreria springs to mind. A consistent 7 / 10 for many games throughout the season, but just with some nagging doubts he has the scope to be a really top level CB. 

22 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Still not too sure what to make of Disasi. The biggest compliment I can pay him, is that he has been very steady for a new player into this league.

He doesn't seem to possess the class that Badiashille looks to have on the ball, but adds some much needed physical presence to the team.

If being ultra critical, his footwork looks a bit slow at times to me. A couple of occasions he can't seem to sort his feet out quick enough, which has made him look a little cumbersome.

Maybe a CB version Paolo Ferreria springs to mind. A consistent 7 / 10 for many games throughout the season, but just with some nagging doubts he has the scope to be a really top level CB. 

He's our present day Alex, if we're talking about CB comparisons. 

I think he's been good overall and a justified signing in my book. As you said, adds a much needed physical presence down back which has been a nice addition this season. His ability to both progress and carry the ball is also undervalued. I also enjoy his personality and energy around the group, the way he's always encouraging his fellow team mates when they score reminds me a little of what Rudiger provided. 

Don't think he's necessarily going to end up part of a longer term first choice pairing, but he's a really solid defensive piece to have on hand. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, xceleryx said:

He's our present day Alex, if we're talking about CB comparisons. 

I think he's been good overall and a justified signing in my book. As you said, adds a much needed physical presence down back which has been a nice addition this season. His ability to both progress and carry the ball is also undervalued. I also enjoy his personality and energy around the group, the way he's always encouraging his fellow team mates when they score reminds me a little of what Rudiger provided. 

Don't think he's necessarily going to end up part of a longer term first choice pairing, but he's a really solid defensive piece to have on hand. 

One thing I love about Disasi's game is that he doesn't panic in possession and almost always pick the right pass.

Even on Sunday it was his disguised pass to Sterling which helped set up the penalty. It took two Man City players out the game and gave Sterling the chance to drive with the ball. It looks like a simple enough pass from Disasi but I've often seen CBs pass to the fullback in that situation.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1