Chelsea 0 Nottingham Forest 1

JaneB

4 minutes ago, chara said:

think Palmer will feature and show a difference,

Well he is the one who tilted the scales to making the club,TB Billion dollar brain child , however if it goes south could be his funeral in Berlin with the consequences of the TBSD un-ipcress files being the reason for them getting a bullet to Beijing league 

whilst the previous regime has relaxing Midnights in st Petersburg  

“There’s a few for the teenagers” 😀

7 minutes ago, Bison said:

Badiashille is back after the international break. Silva's time is up.

If Poch wants to turn things around he needs to drop Colwill and Disasi, or at the most if he drops Silva for Badiashille then Colwill goes too. I don't think Silva will struggle in a back 4, last season he handled Haaland and Nunuez without any trouble, it's whoever partners him will probably get found out; Badi is the only one I have faith in, then Chalo, then Disasi, Colwill comes in last.

13 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Well he is the one who tilted the scales to making the club,TB Billion dollar brain child , however if it goes south could be his funeral in Berlin with the consequences of the TBSD un-ipcress files being the reason for them getting a bullet to Beijing league 

whilst the previous regime has relaxing Midnights in st Petersburg  

“There’s a few for the teenagers” 😀

"When Harry Met Sally"..leading to "The Caine (Kane?) Mutiny"...gotta hand it to you ROTG..certainly nailed the palmer issue.😆

Edited by chara

5 minutes ago, chara said:

"When Harry Met Sally"..leading to "The Caine (Kane?) Mutiny"...gotta hand it o you ROTG..certainly nailed the palmer issue.😆

Bit of light humour for the elders. 

more interested reading over the coming days @martin1905, @paulw66, @east lower and others feedback who were at the game. 

Edited by ROTG

9 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Bit of light humour for the elders. 

more interested reading the @martin1905, @paulw66, @east lower and others feedback who were at the game. 

I was at the game and the performance was different from last year where at least they were trying. Maybe it's more worrying that they were trying and yet still came up short.

I thought Caicedo started to do the things he was doing at Brighton, but will take a few more games to get fully up to speed having missed our pre season and some of Brighton's. 

Not sure Jackson has the control or finishing that we will need at home when teams pack the defence. Away games may be a different story!

I thought the crowd were awful today, out sung noticeably all game by  Forest.

On this form we may scrape into the Europa or conference but CL is just a dream I'm afraid. 

Edited by Blue Orca
Edit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Common thing to hear from the journos: "Chelsea have spent 1 billion pounds and not even bought an out and out striker!"

Not true, Jackson is an out an out striker.

It is ironic though that most of our biggest signings under Clearlake have not been forwards:

1. Enzo Fernández, CM (€121m)
2. Moisés Caicedo, CM (€116m)
3. Wesley Fofana, CB (€80.4m)
4. Mykhailo Mudryk, FW (€70m)
5. Marc Cucurella, LB (€65.3m)
6. Romeo Lavia, CM (€62.1m)
7. Christopher Nkunku, FW (€60m)
8. Raheem Sterling, FW (€56.2m)
9. Cole Palmer, FW (€46m)
10. Axel Disasi, CB (€45m)

So of our top €722 million of spending, we've come out with Nkunku, Sterling, Mudryk and Palmer up top.

We miss Nkunku badly. Sterling has done well this season but there is too much reliance on him. 

Palmer looks great but is more of a prospect. Mudryk has been a disaster.

Considering our biggest problem for 2+ years has been scoring goals, this doesn't seem to make much sense.

I love Caicedo and Enzo - but another €87 million on Lavia and Ugochukwu?

Surely we could have found a €150 million for Oshimen among that 722 million...

Edited by Max Fowler
  • Agree 3

Just now, Max Fowler said:

Common thing to hear from the journos: "Chelsea have spent 1 billion pounds and not even bought an out and out striker!"

Not true, Jackson is an out an out striker.

It is ironic though that most of our biggest signings under Clearlake have not been forwards:

1. Enzo Fernández, CM (€121m)
2. Moisés Caicedo, CM (€116m)
3. Wesley Fofana, CB (€80.4m)
4. Mykhailo Mudryk, FW (€70m)
5. Marc Cucurella, LB (€65.3m)
6. Romeo Lavia, CM (€62.1m)
7. Christopher Nkunku, FW (€60m)
8. Raheem Sterling, FW (€56.2m)
9. Cole Palmer, FW (€46m)
10. Axel Disasi, CB (€45m)

So of our top €722 million of spending, we've come out with Nkunku, Sterling, Mudryk and Palmer up top.

We miss Nkunku badly. Sterling has done well but there is too much reliance on him. 

Palmer looks great but is more of a prospect. Mudryk has been a disaster.

Considering our biggest problem for 2+ years has been scoring goals, this doesn't seem to make much sense.

I love Caicedo and Enzo - but another €87 million on Lavia and Ugochukwu?

Surely we could have found a €150 million for Oshimen among that 722 million...

Bro we haven’t seen Nkunku play. A billion spent and we’re praying for a player we haven’t even seen yet to be our saviour? 

2 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Bro we haven’t seen Nkunku play. A billion spent and we’re praying for a player we haven’t even seen yet to be our saviour? 

Well when you look at what the rest of them are serving up, it’s not surprising that we’re clinging on to someone whose never actually played a competitive game for us!

Seruously though, I look at our squad and I just have no idea where goals are coming from other than the always inconsistent Sterling.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

All I am saying is at least that's someone proven up front who can deliver.

The only other signing you can say that of is Sterling.

We are relying on Jackson, Palmer, Mudryk, and Madueke to get us out of these tight situations.

Just seen the goal we conceded replayed and we once again through dint of not being any good at football made it hilariously easy for them to score, Gallagher and Caicedo collude together to nause it up in midfield before Forest play the ball through Silvas open legs and Colwill is wrong side of his man and gets back with all the aplomb and pace of Stephen Hawking before Sanchez, who is easily the worst keeper we've ever had waves the ball into the net. 

Simply not good enough and if Poch isn't playing it on a loop for the next week and kicking each one of them in turn in the plums when their part comes up then he deserves everything he gets going forward. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, chara said:

We have problems BUT what is happening to Newcastle?

Predicted Howe would get sacked this season.

Was sort of expecting a similar thing from Poch for us.

To take us back into a good position, but not to the promised land.

They'll be going in for Jose before the end of the season!