Chelsea 0 Nottingham Forest 1

JaneB

4 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

I'm trying to compose myself, but I can't describe how absolutely livid I am with that.

I understand there has been a lot of change. Yes, relationships need to build. But I don't care if they've played together for ten minutes or fifteen years, you cannot lose at home to Nottingham Forest like that.  We were so, so toothless.

A lot of teams will play like that against us. 11 men behind the ball, wait for a mistake or an opening. We just HAVE to be able to beat that. Jackson especially HAD to take that chance.

And worst of all, we've got the international break to stew on it.

Personally I think our biggest mistake was giving away that goal.

Once you give away that - just after half time - you make it incredibly difficult for yourselves.

Forest defended really well and it was a terrible time to concede. Really terrible.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Didn't see the game yet so cannot really add much only an opinion I've held for most of the season. 

Pochettino is scared to drop Silva and we are instead playing a formation and personnel that compensates for his lack of pace.

Chilwell should be playing left back and Colwill should be  replacing Silva at CB. 

Secondly and this has been grating with me for a while, we have over the years suffered with a midfield with little creativity and no goals in it and finally and miraculously got rid of that issue and replaced them at massive costs with a midfield with little creativity and no goals in it which considering they've done it for £250m+ is a remarkable piece of work that should lead to the sack for the architect behind it. 

Lastly we have spent a billion pounds and have one decent striker. 

Sadly, I think this is the case. I love Silva, he's been amazing for us, but if he can't play in a back 4, then he shouldn't be playing this season. We need to move to a back 4 in order to actually be a threat going forward.

• Agree 1

In hindsight, as others point out, we had two of our key players out position today.

Chilwell at LW - should have been LB. Sterling at RW - should have been LW.

When we struggle to score you have to have Chilwell and Sterling in the right positions.

And you likely have to play 4 at the back that worked so well in pre-season.

I know Sterling had a poor second half, but Madueke and Mudryk just aren't going to cut it right now.

And yes - we still really miss Nkunku and he probably would have made a big difference.

1 minute ago, chara said:

OK ..best to get all the hurt and anger out now....reflect and discuss when emotions have settled somewhat...

I really don't want to go through another season like last season. I can accept we won't get top 4, but we have to be competing for top 6 and if we're going to, then Poch needs to put on his big boy pants and start getting some attacking players on the pitch from the start.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, chara said:

No issue with your view but at least this lot are trying for the full game and not just a 20 minute effort then wandering!...that was the change needed.

I think if this set of players went through the same they'd probably do the same, I don't think the players last year gave up on the fans at all but they did give up on a club which is seeming more and more justified; they were given Potter to work with who was clueless and then the club decided to bring in Lamps and give him a job which was way too big. The players just followed instructions and became the fall guys, TB might be investing money but the guy is clueless on what the club needs right now, we need established players who are able to take the responsibility on their shoulders to stablise the club and make progress; what we've got is a bunch of kids who have a manager who looks more lost than them.

6 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

That was bloody awful. Not sure that it’s the best idea to compensate for Nkunku’s absence by setting up so defensively. It just makes us less likely to score. Then when we do go behind, just chucking on every attacker on the bench and hoping for the best. What a mess. 

Also, pinning so much on Jackson being our saviour upfront looks like a serious mistake. All that money spent and we’re going nowhere. Poch has really screwed up the opening few games and this is an easy start for us. What happens when we get into a difficult run? So pissed off. Where do we go from here? 

Mid table mediocrity!

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

Oh and another thing....... Home support was abysmal again. 

Really embarrassingly bad.  I constantly see fan groups boasting about the latest crowd surfer but FFS, sing!!! 

There needs to be an organised effort from the Club working with Supporter groups to sort this. Part of me not renewing my membership yet is financial, part of it is because I don't want to attend games where I am in MHL or Shed and it's like I'm in the West Stand or East Upper. 

The result is bad but the manner of it is really worrying. Many have said it, but we simply cannot be setting up 5-3-2 at home for anything but the best and most attacking teams. A lot of the optimism I had in July, and that optimism was only that we'd be half decent and not more than that, is dissipating.

I know many will disagree, but I have a real level of worry about Fernández. The while team plays as if he's a 15 year old who snuck into an U8 game, like the solution is just to give it to him. The cold, hard statistical reality is that amounts to nothing the overwhelming majority of the time. I cannot understand any praise for Caicdeo there, either. Hugely messed up when it mattered and then did it again, luckily unpunished, 2 minutes later.

It is only the passage of time needed now for Mudryk to be widely regarded as our worst ever signing. At least the other big money flops could actually play football. One of the ways to measure Pochettino this year will be to see when Mudryk finally disappears from match day squads. An actual coach, someone who isn't an owner's stooge, will not put up with him long.

We look like we might have accidentally made a decent signing in Gusto, mind.

1 minute ago, Ham said:

That's not how it's supposed to work though. 

Outsung every week at home by everyone. Embarrassing and entitled. 

We do this every time, but it's a really easily observable fact so worth repeating. The away fans outsing the home fans at basically every PL ground, every week.

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

The result is bad but the manner of it is really worrying. Many have said it, but we simply cannot be setting up 5-3-2 at home for anything but the best and most attacking teams. A lot of the optimism I had in July, and that optimism was only that we'd be half decent and not more than that, is dissipating.

I know many will disagree, but I have a real level of worry about Fernández. The while team plays as if he's a 15 year old who snuck into an U8 game, like the solution is just to give it to him. The cold, hard statistical reality is that amounts to nothing the overwhelming majority of the time. I cannot understand any praise for Caicdeo there, either. Hugely messed up when it mattered and then did it again, luckily unpunished, 2 minutes later.

It is only the passage of time needed now for Mudryk to be widely regarded as our worst ever signing. At least the other big money flops could actually play football. One of the ways to measure Pochettino this year will be to see when Mudryk finally disappears from match day squads. An actual coach, someone who isn't an owner's stooge, will not put up with him long.

We look like we might have accidentally made a decent signing in Gusto, mind.

I thought Enzo and Caicedo were really good first half, really poor second half.

I think Enzo has started the season brilliantly overall tbh.

Remains to be seen whether they can actually lead themselves or need more experience around them.

Completely agree on Mudryk. At least Madueke tries things but takes too long.

Mudryk is lost out there every single time he plays. And Twitter loves him.

Two shots on target at home to Forest. That we’d be extremely dependent on Sterling, Enzo and Jackson was clear. But it’s fairly irresponsible imo. 

Think we are in for another tough season unfortunately. Like I’ve stayed before, improvement and a clear style is probably all we can realistically ask for. Claims we would be able to challenge City are fairytales. We aren’t much better than midtable to 6th imo. 

Buckle up for another bumpy ride! 

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Do you share a flat with Tuchel? 

I used to.

He stayed with me through thick and thin and we were really successful together.

Our old flat burned to the ground and he still stuck around.

But I left him for a guy named Graham and it was the biggest mistake of my life.

• Haha 2

Just now, thevelourfog said:

We do this every time, but it's a really easily observable fact so worth repeating. The away fans outsing the home fans at basically every PL ground, every week.

Not true at all. Especially not completely unanswered singing for 90 minutes.  Granted away fans sing more songs, but there is no excuse for how bad the SB atmosphere is and it's been getting worse for years. 

6 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Now what? 😔

This is the big question. I'm trying to limit my concern, however, if we come back from the international break and Poch is continuing with this odd 'Colwill LB and Chilly LW' formation, then my level of concern is going to increase somewhat. 

Gusto - Disasi - Colwill - Chilwell

Caicedo - Lavia

Palmer - Enzo - Sterling

Jackson

Why is it so hard for him to pick something like that? If he can't trust Disasi and/or Colwill in a 4, then why the hell have we signed Disasi when going by pre-season, it's clear Poch wants to play a 4.

It's time for Poch to be ruthless and try and actually win games and attack with more than 2 players.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Ham said:

Oh and another thing....... Home support was abysmal again. 

Really embarrassingly bad.  I constantly see fan groups boasting about the latest crowd surfer but FFS, sing!!! 

I mentioned that earlier in the thread. Appalling support who must be the least supportive home crowd in the league. Don't deserve success if they're not bothering to support their team , especially at a time when they are struggling and need it most.

• Like 1