Cole Palmer signs for Chelsea

My Blood Is Blue

Arsenal fans are getting well sensitive about the praise Palmer is receiving.

Don't worry Goons, Saka doesn't become worse just because Palmer is better.

1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Bizarre seeing as he has only managed 2 starts!

Or rather, the fact he only managed 2 starts is bizarre.

Since it is player voted, it shows how highly his colleagues think of him.

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

32 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Since it is player voted, it shows how highly his colleagues think of him.

It was voted for by the public according to the FA

Bit of a conundrum for the national team with Bellingham, Foden and Palmer all favouring the same position.

Think I read the Carsley saying Palmer might play Left Back 🥴

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

It was voted for by the public according to the FA

Bit of a conundrum for the national team with Bellingham, Foden and Palmer all favouring the same position.

Think I read the Carsley saying Palmer might play Left Back 🥴

According to ScouseSports it was the players who voted….

The 22-year-old won the accolade ahead of Real Madrid midfielder Jude Bellingham, with Arsenal attacker Bukayo Saka in third. 

Voting was open to all England players who had played in 50 per cent or more senior fixtures between September 2023 and July 2024.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chrisb said:

According to ScouseSports it was the players who voted….

The 22-year-old won the accolade ahead of Real Madrid midfielder Jude Bellingham, with Arsenal attacker Bukayo Saka in third. 

Voting was open to all England players who had played in 50 per cent or more senior fixtures between September 2023 and July 2024.

Not sure what you're doing reading ScouseSports Chris!

I believe you have quoted the criteria for a player to be eligible to receive a vote in the competition. BBC, England Football and even The Official Chelsea release all say it was voted for by the public / England supporters -

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/cole-palmer-named-england-mens-player-of-the-year

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cvgl13ve0v2o

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Cole Palmer making tea is the social media content I didn't know I needed. Feels very much like he's moving into national darling territory.

At least it will be deserved ,(,unlike the first coming of Sir JG) and hopefully short lived..remember the Media always returns to it's anti-Chelsea snidey default setting! 🤠

🤮🐀

11 minutes ago, chara said:

At least it will be deserved ,(,unlike the first coming of Sir JG) and hopefully short lived..remember the Media always returns to it's anti-Chelsea snidey default setting! 🤠

🤮🐀

Yes, left that bit out because I've got enough of a reputation here for miserable cynicism, but history is pretty consistent that darlings get torn down. I think the defeat to Greece after so many attacking players all got into the same starting XI for once could have been the start of this generation's "you can't play Lampard and Gerrard" tedium, hopefully Tuchel puts paid to that. You at least get the impression that Cole isn't the sort of personality to get too big-headed about all the attention. 

@thevelourfog

Hmm....cynicism is a natural result as the years quietly add up !...and miserable is not a word I would associate with you and most on the forum!...committed, passionate over the top at times to a degree sometimes as we all can be🤠,,,.and keep up the training!!!!