Cole Palmer signs for Chelsea

My Blood Is Blue

Here's a list of the Premier league top scorers without penalties. 

Watkins 19

Solanke 16

Foden 16

Haaland 16

Bowen 15

Son 14

Salah 12 

Palmer 11

Saka 9 

Non penalty goals and assists

Watkins 31

Son 23

Foden 23

Salah 21

Haaland 21

Bowen 20

Palmer 20

Solanke 19

Saka 18

Minutes per non penalty goal

Haaland 136

Watkins 152

Foden 158

Son 172

Bowen 183

Salah 187

Palmer 190

Solanke 190

Saka 297

Minutes per goal contribution (not including penalties)

Watkins 93

Palmer 104

Haaland 104

Son 104

Salah 107

Foden 109

Bowen 138

Saka 148

Solanke 159

Edited by martin1905

6 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Watkins 19

Solanke 16

Foden 16

Haaland 16

Bowen 15

Son 14

Salah 12 

Palmer 11

Saka 9 

Watkins 31

Son 23

Foden 23

Salah 21

Haaland 21

Bowen 20

Palmer 20

Solanke 19

Saka 18

Haaland 136

Watkins 152

Foden 158

Son 172

Bowen 183

Salah 187

Palmer 190

Solanke 190

Saka 297

Watkins 93

Palmer 104

Haaland 104

Son 104

Salah 107

Foden 109

Bowen 138

Saka 148

Solanke 159

Shows what an excellent season Ollie Watkins is having. 

57 minutes ago, ROTG said:

You are bang on the money about finding another Chelsea midfield player returning those numbers. However It could also be argued, would CP have walked into a Chelsea team in the past two decades. KDB being a perfect example. 

with that said, one could argue that 20/21 squad of SFL although did not have a individual Midfield player  CP numbers the overall team of midfield players combined scored more than the current midfield.  One dreads to think the numbers the midfield produce during SFL peek seasons.

Bamford was just an example of a one hit wonder, hence CP should measured next season.

So why aren't you answering the question about judging some players over two years and others before they even kicked a ball.

Your own metric is to give a player, that's doing outrageously well, two years but those that aren't are judged instantly.

Not much of an agenda there is there.......

Not wishing to get into a statistics argument or with penalties without penalties debate..BUT...FFS....the penalties..

Not the add to your account at 3-0 final nail etc efforts in the main....some real bum clencher ones at crucial moments in games against real opposition....at 21?...... just amazing.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

So why aren't you answering the question about judging some players over two years and others before they even kicked a ball.

Your own metric is to give a player, that's doing outrageously well, two years but those that aren't are judged instantly.

Not much of an agenda there is there.......

unfortunately many of the current squad were brought based on a one year metic from their previous club, hence where the club is right now. However it’s probably easier to blame the coach than admitting the club the club have brought quite a few one hit wonders. Aka duds 

If CP is the real deal, we can expect a couple of clubs to make an enquiry this summer, similar to Enzo and his six months of fame which enticed TB to spunk £100m on him, yet we are still waiting for him to prove his fee and alleged status in world football. 

2 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Watkins 19

Solanke 16

Foden 16

Haaland 16

Bowen 15

Son 14

Salah 12 

Palmer 11

Saka 9 

Watkins 31

Son 23

Foden 23

Salah 21

Haaland 21

Bowen 20

Palmer 20

Solanke 19

Saka 18

Haaland 136

Watkins 152

Foden 158

Son 172

Bowen 183

Salah 187

Palmer 190

Solanke 190

Saka 297

Watkins 93

Palmer 104

Haaland 104

Son 104

Salah 107

Foden 109

Bowen 138

Saka 148

Solanke 159

So, this is actually mind blowing.....

If you take all Palmers goals and assists, which literally everyone apart from one poster on here would, Cole Palmer averages a goal every 104 minutes and a goal or assist every 72 minutes. 

Edited by martin1905

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

unfortunately many of the current squad were brought based on a one year metic from their previous club, hence where the club is right now. However it’s probably easier to blame the coach than admitting the club the club have brought quite a few one hit wonders. Aka duds 

If CP is the real deal, we can expect a couple of clubs to make an enquiry this summer, similar to Enzo and his six months of fame which enticed TB to spunk £100m on him, yet we are still waiting for him to prove his fee and alleged status in world football. 

Why don't you answer the question?

Come on @ROTG!!!!

In your own words Cole Palmer can't be judged on this season yet you have made countless, very early calls on literally our entire squad?

Surely if its two years for Palmer it should be two years for all, not instantly discount players that don't live up to expectations and completely downplay those that do.

You can't have it both ways....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Same could be said for solanke. 

So Solanke is having an excellent season, scoring, as a striker, at the exact rate as Cole Palmer who plays as an attacking midfielder. 

One is having an excellent season, the other is more than likely a one season wonder 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

Why don't you answer the question?

I have answered your question.

As I said if you believe CP is the best thing since Mothers Pride so be it.  One hope he produces the same numbers next season as the team will need them, regardless of the coach. 

You went OTT pre season with the top 6 or 4 claim which is costing you £2.20 per match. 

Just now, ROTG said:

I have answered your question.

You really haven't 

Just now, ROTG said:

You went OTT pre season with the top 6 or 4 claim which is costing you £2.20 per match. 

Never once made that claim but you just don't listen do you...

3 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Come on @ROTG!!!!

In your own words Cole Palmer can't be judged on this season yet you have made countless, very early calls on literally our entire squad?

Surely if its two years for Palmer it should be two years for all, not instantly discount players that don't live up to expectations and completely downplay those that do.

You can't have it both ways....

There is a lot of difference. CP looks a tallent, whereas many of the others had good metic for mid table to lower PL clubs, hence where the club is today. 

I am happy to take another wager with you now on where the club will be at the end of next season. 

70pts team on paper 50pts in reality. 

30 minutes ago, ROTG said:

There is a lot of difference. CP looks a tallent, whereas many of the others had good metic for mid table to lower PL clubs, hence where the club is today. 

So why won't you judge Palmer until after next season yet have written off the vast majority of our squad as mid table players after only a matter of months?

You'll have to explain to me why some players need two years to be judged yet others you have written off almost instantly. 

It's all very confusing with you.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, martin1905 said:

So why won't you judge Palmer until after next season yet have written off the vast majority of our squad as mid table players after only a matter of months?

You'll have to explain to me why some players need two years to be judged yet others you have written off almost instantly. 

It's all very confusing with you.

A majority of the duds have already been at the since Jan-23 transfer window or longer and have ample time to prove themselves.

Should Poch walk in the summer they are responsible for coach number 3 in 18 month in others coach no 4 in two seasons.

As i have said on many occasion its the easy out to blame the coach. When the truth lies in giving two bob players ~100k per week contracts for 8 year

3 minutes ago, ROTG said:

A majority of the duds have already been at the since Jan-23 transfer window or longer and have ample time to prove themselves.

Should Poch walk in the summer they are responsible for coach number 3 in 18 month in others coach no 4 in two seasons.

As i have said on many occasion its the easy out to blame the coach. When the truth lies in giving two bob players ~100k per week contracts for 8 year

Yeah .

But you're wrong .

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yeah .

But you're wrong .

Why is he wrong? Our players aren’t what the board thought they were. Maybe they will be, but it’s at least 3 seasons off. 

But nonetheless, I said it at the beginning of the season - this team will mix great games with really poor ones and it’s bound to keep going. 

We don’t have a bonafide top player in any position. We are so far off City is downright bloody depressing. 

13 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Why is he wrong? Our players aren’t what the board thought they were. Maybe they will be, but it’s at least 3 seasons off. 

But nonetheless, I said it at the beginning of the season - this team will mix great games with really poor ones and it’s bound to keep going. 

We don’t have a bonafide top player in any position. We are so far off City is downright bloody depressing. 

I keep saying it but in my opinion our fully fit squad and best 11 is right up there with the best. 

Edited by Ham

12 minutes ago, ROTG said:

So it is only Palmer needs to prove himself over two seasons?

Jackson? Disasi?

I was thinking yesterday about some posts from a few years back. I can remember quite a few people, myself included, saying that we would accept two or three years adrift as the price to pay to bring through some of our young players. I still feel that way, to a degree. I hadn't realised how much top-level clubs rely on experienced players to teach the mentality needed to  convert losses into draws and draws into wins.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

He hated them all from day one, he made his mind up from the off, it's a pavlovian response and he will brook no argument. 

The payers are all to a man capable of more

Pochettino is a fraud and has put back their careers for a season at least