Khobar's Legacy

My Blood Is Blue

10 minutes ago, east lower said:

Ole' Klippity has gone full-scouse on this one.

Replay the game! He's a replay short of a result with his thinking.

Imagine the chaos, every manager asking for a replay every time Webb offers an 'apology' - Did Wolves get to take a penalty after Webb had to apologise for the appalling decision in the Man Utd game - Course not and neither should they. But they had the good grace to accept it and get on.

A concept that the scousers - be it real ones or adopted ones just cannot  get their jaundiced minds around.

The laughable bit where he was appealing that as a "football person"  and not a "Liverpool person" The game should be replayed. 

He's an absolute disgrace 

As it is because of the histrionics Liverpool won't get another decision go against them all season and where's the justice in that?

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The laughable bit where he was appealing that as a "football person"  and not a "Liverpool person" The game should be replayed. 

He's an absolute disgrace 

As it is because of the histrionics Liverpool won't get another decision go against them all season and where's the justice in that?

THAT Mark,,as you know,,,is the whole point of the "outrage"....when I made a very modest step up in football levels the first thing I was told was "As soon as you can go down and scream (I was not a screamer!) GET THE REF FOCUSED ON YOU AS THE  KEEPER!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JaneB said:

And now we're told that Darren England will not be officiating at any of Liverpool's matches for the rest of the season.

OK, they were hard done by but it's actually no different from the dozens of other injustices that go on in games and which cost teams points, it was just more prominent.

Even I didn't think that Klopp would be stupid enough to call for a game to be replayed.  Absolutely ludicrous and setting an impossible precedent.  And no doubt Spurs' lawyers would be out in force and quite right too.

However, we come back to the same old problem.  Liverpool are the media's darlings and it (the media) are all terrified of upsetting them because of something that happened 34 years ago.  I am not in any way minimising that tragedy for all those involved or who lost loved ones, but you can't keep using it as an excuse to treat a club more favourably or expect everybody else to continually feel sorry for them.      

He’s playing the long game, he (Klopp) knows he’s just heaping pressure on officials.

Imagine being the ref named for their game on Sunday, you’d be praying to get the flu 🤒 and pull a sicky.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, east lower said:

He’s playing the long game, he (Klopp) knows he’s just heaping pressure on officials.

Not sure.  He is in danger of getting a reputation like Mourinho (who to be fair mostly was correct when he criticised refs, but was too biting with his wit).  I can see refs turning against Liverpool, and when that Monday morning  meetings gets into a mindset it can take a decade to reverse.

Basically we have the rare situations where refs as a large group are being unfairly condemned because of a single, fully admitted cock-up by one VAR ref.
I almost feel sorry for them  I bet they feel sorry for themselves and will blame Klopp.

22 minutes ago, east lower said:

Imagine being the ref named for their game on Sunday, you’d be praying to get the flu 🤒 and pull a sicky.

Imagine turning up on Monday at the PMGOL having gifted Liverpool a penalty and let off VVD for a 2nd booking.
That Could be pretty unpleasant too.   Er 'Morning Dazzer... ....Dazzer??

Edited by Dwmh

26 minutes ago, east lower said:

It's Anthony Taylor 🤣 And VAR Chris Kavanagh

15 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Not sure.  He is in danger of getting a reputation like Mourinho (who to be fair mostly was correct when he criticised refs, but was too biting with his wit).  I can see refs turning against Liverpool, and when that Monday morning  meetings gets into a mindset it can take a decade to reverse.

Basically we have the rare situations where refs as a large group are being unfairly condemned because of a single, fully admitted cock-up by one VAR ref.
I almost feel sorry for them  I bet they feel sorry for themselves and will blame Klopp.

Imagine turning up on Monday at the PMGOL having gifted Liverpool a penalty and let off VVD for a 2nd booking.

Agree in essence Droy except it isn't just the one VAR cock-up,,,a spectacular one but one of many little cuts as it were. Not just involving Chelsea but the outrageous Mike Dean confession was shrugged off as an "anomaly" almost and was surely a red flag moment?.... I hesitated to use the red flag term...perhaps that is inbuilt on this subject!

So..Jose was right ...Who knew.....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

On the first paragraph, we were public enemy No.1 which helped their cause/campaign - not much chance of then getting vilified. Opposite applies in the case of Klopp and his Kloppites.

Never, ever feel sorry for them. This lot are of poor a quality as I’ve seen. Weak and gullible. They have the tools to deal with most scenarios but are too scared to use them.

5 minutes ago, JaneB said:

It's Anthony Taylor 🤣 And VAR Chris Kavanagh

Taylor deserves everything he gets - wonderful news. Hope they misbehave and he’s gotta send one off.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/10/2023 at 18:07, Ham said:

Absolutely incredible when you consider that the Kop was all standing terracing in 1989....... 

Screenshot_20231023_170416_Facebook.thumb.jpg.dfc7d8d9f16f8e88afae7b89aef84a04.jpg

It's funny I just didnt think it through when i saw that last week, I'm sure the guy is genuine but very typical of the sentimental guff that the media feeds us regarding scousers

8 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

What do you suggest? We make up a song about Heysel, and at least be explicit in our tragedy-related chanting? Or simply sing Beatles songs? 

There already was a song about Heysel.  "Murderers". 

The press always jump on it and assume it's about Hillsborough.  That's what Fillery was getting at. 

Songs about Hillsborough would rightly upset Liverpool fans. The victims of Heysel were from Italy and Belgium. 

• Like 1

Quite aware of that, Ham - I meant to make it explicit in the chant - but then I guess chanting "Killers of Belgians, Belgians and Juventus" to the tune of "Roman Abramovitch" is pretty inappropriate. So maybe we stick to "Boy, you're going to carry that weight / a long time".

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Sky Sports 2 replaying one of my favourite matches: Liverpool Chelsea, 2014. Demba Ba. Recording ….

Haha yes saw this on the Sky Sports on demand listings via Virgin Media yesterday. I thought it was highlights so I stopped when I realised it was the full thing as didn't have time yesterday, but I'll give the full thing a watch for sure.

I remember when me and my Dad watched it live when it happened it was via Now TV and the Now TV stream broke, so I scrambled for an alternative stream. When Demba Ba scored we both lost our minds, me or my Dad (or both) were punching the floor in happiness. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

It was saved “keep” on my Sky box for years, for viewing when I had a bad day at work. Then we got a new Sky box, so it was lost. It’s back again labelled “Keep”.

A slip up with your tech stuff ?...(insane giggle..the gift that never stops!)