Khobar's Legacy

My Blood Is Blue

On 18/11/2023 at 17:17, Blue Moon said:

Err ... you can't transfer from one Sky box to another - well, you can, but it's fiddly

I did it with my Virgin Box so I could keep a copy of the 2021 Champions League Final in 4K. But at that time BT Sports on Virgin was in 4K, but not in HDR. Now TNT Sports on Virgin is in 4K and HDR. 

So if a replay of the game is ever shown on TNT Sports, I'll have to capture it to my PC again. I don't have a 4K HDR TV yet, but would love to re-watch the game in that quality. 

Or what would be easier is if the Club / UEFA or whatever, would just release Blu-Rays of the game (and other iconic modern games) in the 4K HDR quality. I'd happily pay for it. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Getting a place in the revamped Club World Cup along with City as the two English representatives leaves me slightly in two minds. The first is that we could do without the extra games but annoying the hell out of the Scum and Manure makes it sweet as.

This will be the first meaningful club world cup. The winners can claim to have won something truly worthwhile.

44 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Getting a place in the revamped Club World Cup along with City as the two English representatives leaves me slightly in two minds. The first is that we could do without the extra games but annoying the hell out of the Scum and Manure makes it sweet as.

35 minutes ago, Ham said:

This will be the first meaningful club world cup. The winners can claim to have won something truly worthwhile.

Get ready for a media blackout should we win. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

CWC....mixed feelings...nice to be involved but the ever present over playing of players...not just Chelsea...

Must be P'ing off so many around the EPL...delicious!

Sort of related to the "who would you rather win the title?'.thread elsewhere...

Got to thinking about the really "tribal" spoiler blows by Chelsea...first to mind ..but not first overall...denying Spuds a European spot due to actually winning it.....plus the not actually ending their title challenge but certainly in public perception we did..at the Battle Of Stamford Bridge (in truth one of many but,,)

Of course,,for Khobar at Christmas,,,Demba Ba Day...the gift that keeps giving....the "Many a slip twix Cup (title) and lip" enshrined in our memories,,,,,,🩰❄️🧎🍋

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

God knows - worst bit of reffing I’ve seen in ages. Jota passes the keeper, feels a nibble, thinks about it for a pace or two and then … whoops! … hits the deck. Says a lot about their club that they can take pleasure from that.  I’d be ashamed.

ps: the ref was a certain Anthony Taylor

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

God knows - worst bit of reffing I’ve seen in ages. Jota passes the keeper, feels a nibble, thinks about it for a pace or two and then … whoops! … hits the deck. Says a lot about their club that they can take pleasure from that.  I’d be ashamed.

ps: the ref was a certain Anthony Taylor

Even for Anthony Taylor, it’s shocking. I just don’t know how he can get away with it and even worse, how VAR have allowed it to stand!

Dont expect the media to make much of it mind you....brush it nicely under the carpet called...seen em given/well there was contact....compare this to the barge on sterling V Wolves...booking and not so much as a glance at a VAR screen...getting a lot of penalties liverpool, just when they need them to close of a game/equalise..coincidence or planned??

8 minutes ago, flllerywhereru2 said:

Dont expect the media to make much of it mind you....brush it nicely under the carpet called...seen em given/well there was contact....compare this to the barge on sterling V Wolves...booking and not so much as a glance at a VAR screen...getting a lot of penalties liverpool, just when they need them to close of a game/equalise..coincidence or planned??

Reminds me in the 80s of the Anfield Penalties. John Aldridge especially was a shameless diving cheat. But that’s Scousers - always on the rob. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, flllerywhereru2 said:

I have SSN on (can barely stand it anymore, but it's that or Lorraine on ITV as I'm not back to work until tomorrow) and the talk about the Liverpool game is about how they're now clear at the top and how the great Mo Salah is off to AFCON. The talk about the second penalty has so far been non-existent. They played the in match commentary where Neville says he doesn't think it's a pen, but other than that, it's not been spoken about. If this has been any other side or dare I say it a penalty given for a team against Liverpool, then it would be absolute uproar and calls for a rematch. 

They're now talking about the 'record breaking' xG that Liverpool had in this game. I know how contentious the use of xG is on here!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I have SSN on (can barely stand it anymore, but it's that or Lorraine on ITV as I'm not back to work until tomorrow) and the talk about the Liverpool game is about how they're now clear at the top and how the great Mo Salah is off to AFCON. The talk about the second penalty has so far been non-existent. They played the in match commentary where Neville says he doesn't think it's a pen, but other than that, it's not been spoken about. If this has been any other side or dare I say it a penalty given for a team against Liverpool, then it would be absolute uproar and calls for a rematch. 

They're now talking about the 'record breaking' xG that Liverpool had in this game. I know how contentious the use of xG is on here!

I think the previous record was held by ManU in the game against us at OT last season.

Imagine if one of our players did that and we got a penalty, the filth (media) would be screaming their heads off, demanding the ref gets banned and they'll start their "Stop Diving" campaigns.  Corrupt, biased.... fill in your own expletives.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, flllerywhereru2 said:

Not forgetting (not that the scousers or their sponsors at Sky and TNT) will ever let us all forget the worst VAR injustice of all time they ‘endured’ at Rottenham!!

19 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Imagine if one of our players did that and we got a penalty, the filth (media) would be screaming their heads off, demanding the ref gets banned and they'll start their "Stop Diving" campaigns.  Corrupt, biased.... fill in your own expletives.

Already happening, refs have got in in for Sterling and Mudrych.

• Like 1

On 02/01/2024 at 08:49, flllerywhereru2 said:

Klopp's rant after the decision away at Spurs has done exactly what they needed it to do.  I'd expect a lot more of these sort of decisions in their favour between now and the end of the season - Refs/VAR won't dare go against them (not that they did often before, even with Mane and his bionic elbow on show).  

I think the effect it had was obvious when Arteta attempted the exact same ploy just a few weeks after Klopp had done it. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I Expect the BBC and Sky will all be getting the black armbands out again .

Yes, but they'll also be compiling the farewell party and the nauseating 2hr long 'Specials' of the 'Glory of the Klopp' era.

Weeks, if not months of mourning will ensue and god forbid if all do not fall at the alter and sign the books of condolences that will be posted all over the country.

Get the pumps at the ready in Merseyside, never mind the rain the storms are bringing - these will be usurped by the floods caused by the tears of the scousers and their plastic pals.

• Haha 3