Khobar's Legacy

My Blood Is Blue

22 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

1) When you judge managers across seasons the individual wins and points achieved are the only way to go.

2) Is a sprinter that has an Olympic PB of 9.8 winning Silver better than a runner that wins Gold  4 years later with a PB of 10.0?
of course he is.

1) No.  Trophies are how success is measured outside of Droytown. 

2) If you're not the world record holder, your time is irrelevant. Getting a medal is the only other thing that matters in sprinting. 

Edited by Ham
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

You are then making a very different point.
If you are saying that the PL was full of weaker teams when Klop was getting 90 + points than it was 5 10 or 15 years earlier you should make that point explicitly.
For my money the PL has just got stronger and stronger and stronger year by year for 30 years.
(I certainly hope so given where we are now)

Your pathological need to appear cleverer than everyone else, by adopting contrarian positions just makes you look stupid. You may be arrogant enough to assume the rest of us are wrong, but if you look around and think everyone you see is a twat you are the twat.

I think Klopp is a good manager , certainly not as good as Jose , Pep , Conte , S'Ralex , Wenger but good all the same.

Let's check Klopp's Premier league record...

8th, 4th, 4th, 2nd, 1st*, 3rd, 2nd, 5th

*Covid & VAR assisted

15 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

You are then making a very different point.
If you are saying that the PL was full of weaker teams when Klop was getting 90 + points than it was 5 10 or 15 years earlier you should make that point explicitly.
For my money the PL has just got stronger and stronger and stronger year by year for 30 years.
(I certainly hope so given where we are now)

No I’m not, I’m responding to what you actually said rather than what you thought you said. You are now introducing a further variable - relative quality of opposition, which is not easy to quantify. But I’d still rather my team had the most cups in the cupboard than the one who scored the most points. Or are you a Spurs supporter in disguise?

I'm not against contrarian views, I like contrarian views.  
But it alwasy amuses me that the most conventional ideas always get the sharpest response.

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

I think it’s you who is missing the point, Droy. To win against difficult odds in the highly competitive league is infinitely better than strolling a run again collectively crap opposition. The situation with running is totally different, as you (should) well know. 

37 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

No I’m not, I’m responding to what you actually said rather than what you thought you said. You are now introducing a further variable - relative quality of opposition, which is not easy to quantify. But I’d still rather my team had the most cups in the cupboard than the one who scored the most points. Or are you a Spurs supporter in disguise?

I must have misread the post I replied to then.  

2 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

I'm not against contrarian views, I like contrarian views.  
But it alwasy amuses me that the most conventional ideas always get the sharpest response.

I must have misread the post I replied to then.  

conventional
adjective
based on or in accordance with what is generally done or believed.

I’m not sure a view that you have that differs from everyone else’s view, is conventional. I’m still presuming you’re on a wind up though, so I’ll leave it.

6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:
conventional
adjective
based on or in accordance with what is generally done or believed.

I’m not sure a view that you have that differs from everyone else’s view, is conventional. I’m still presuming you’re on a wind up though, so I’ll leave it.

Which was the better team.  Wigan or Ipswich.

image.thumb.png.d222d50c377a798981a382bae0a529d8.pngimage.thumb.png.7025d8a0a5c32779830499f4b20251bb.png

4 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Which was the better team.  Wigan or Ipswich.

image.thumb.png.d222d50c377a798981a382bae0a529d8.pngimage.thumb.png.7025d8a0a5c32779830499f4b20251bb.png

Based on what you’ve put in front of me and based on the fact I watch little to no minutes of either side and not knowing what the quality levels of the other sides were etc, I would say Wigan, because they managed to finish above everyone else in that league and Ipswich didn’t. 

Even if I knew all those things I mentioned I still say Wigan.

Have you ever noticed that the debates around the greatest PL team have never included runners up and have never been settled by someone saying “well it’s easy, we just order them by total points”.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Good point - and I've never heard the Shed signing "We've more points, we've more points, we've more points than you (had last year)". 

"Second in the league, second in the league who d'ya think is is? Er hopefully someone else"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

There's first and there's hmm... not first.

Unless you're Arsenal.

Whereas, I don’t disagree with who’s remembered. These days the L’Arse 2nd, 3rd & 4th ‘Trophies’ are quite valuable.

STOP IT ALL OF YOU...PLEASE....talk of this being important and that being more important....the game on the day is what is important ...did Chelsea win?..Did Chelsea lose/draw?....the long term season results come second to ON THE DAY...I am down because of the result yesterday...no "well it was at Anfiled" or "Should still be safe this season"...DOWN DOWN, DOWN!😶‍🌫️

@CarefreeMuratcan...tough football love will keep your beautiful little girl safe!...it's in your hands!🥷

• Love 1

On 30/01/2024 at 13:00, Dwmh said:

Getting 90 + points in a season is an incredible performance.
He has done that 3 times.  Pep aside (who had more time and more money) no one comes matches him on big seasons.
SAF did it 3 times over many years, Wenger just the once.

Yes but its trophies in the cabinet that count, same applies to England and Southgate he continues to fail and this year will be no different.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Yes but its trophies in the cabinet that count, same applies to England and Southgate he continues to fail and this year will be no different.

That count for what?  I thought we were discussing whether Klopp is a good manager.

1 minute ago, Dwmh said:

That count for what?  I thought we were discussing whether Klopp is a good manager.

You maybe but when I commented way back I was discussing his success and success for me is trophies and actually winning something

8 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

You maybe but when I commented way back I was discussing his success and success for me is trophies and actually winning something

Frankly 1 PL and 1 CL is more than enough.  that is all we have achieved in the time and 5 or 6 managers and a lot more than Arsenal or Man U or anyone else but City.
Taking City close to the PL twice more is more than anyone else has done either.