Khobar's Legacy

My Blood Is Blue

25 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Frankly 1 PL and 1 CL is more than enough.  that is all we have achieved in the time and 5 or 6 managers and a lot more than Arsenal or Man U or anyone else but City.
Taking City close to the PL twice more is more than anyone else has done either.

I am not comparing him to us

Just now, exiledblue said:

I am not comparing him to us

So how do you judge him?  Because I can't think of a way that doesn't make him better than every single manager in the Prem in the last 10 years other than Pep.
Frankly to have been a manager in the Prem for 9 consecutive years is pretty unique.

10 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's certainly back on the Christmas card list now 

Dear Paul

After all the stick I've given you for being the only ref who's ever given bad decisions against us, I am grateful that you showed last night that you have got the message. I just wish you could have been a teeny bit less blatant in the way you tipped the scales in our favour.

See you at my leaving do

Jürgen

• Haha 2

This is what I fear will happen. 

The PGMOL, Premier League and FA will collude between them to ensure Liverpool win all four trophies on offer to them. 

We've already seen Keown wishing for it and Merson was talking about how great it would be too, the media definitely want it to happen so badly it's killing them. 

Disney will pay Liverpool a kings ransom for the rites to the documentary that they're having filmed at the moment and Jurgen will say 

"How can I leave this city and these supporters" and stay having cheated their way to victory. 

City and Chelsea will be hit with massive points deductions and Liverpool will be heralded for "doing things the right way". 

Edited by Mark Kelly

@Mark Kelly...frightening thing Mark is that this is so close to actually coming about,,all a good side needs to triumph is for all the "lucky" breaks to go their way against equally good or better sides,,,,and just as importantly other results amazingly going in their favour.

If only this was one of your/our tongue in cheek smiley posts!

35 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

This is what I fear will happen. 

The PGMOL, Premier League and FA will collude between them to ensure Liverpool win all four trophies on offer to them. 

We've already seen Keown wishing for it and Merson was talking about how great it would be too, the media definitely want it to happen so badly it's killing them. 

Disney will pay Liverpool a kings ransom for the rites to the documentary that they're having filmed at the moment and Jurgen will say 

"How can I leave this city and these supporters" and stay having cheated their way to victory. 

City and Chelsea will be hit with massive points deductions and Liverpool will be heralded for "doing things the right way". 

And that’s not the end of the story as they’ll probably wipe Man City’s titles where the scum came second and award the titles to them. And I’m not even joking.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

FB_IMG_1707050647815.jpg

but pretty small net.  Perhaps the secret was knowing which offers to accept.
Moreover getting 97 points the year earlier was way way better than any other manager's first win (though Conte's 93 was pretty impressive given the poor start)

Still a good line if the aim is to avoid the stark staring obvious.

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

What on earth are you on about now? 

Great manager, huge success, done it pretty cheaply by selling off a few star players.

Actually the really remarkable thing about that gross buy amount, is that if you look at all the purchases over £20m you have to go back to Oxlade-Chamberlain in 2016 to find a failure.  And only Benteke before than (and he cut his losses in 12 months over him).

All the others have to be judged as successes.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-liverpool/alletransfers/verein/31

2 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Great manager, huge success, done it pretty cheaply by selling off a few star players.

Actually the really remarkable thing about that gross buy amount, is that if you look at all the purchases over £20m you have to go back to Oxlade-Chamberlain in 2016 to find a failure.  And only Benteke before than (and he cut his losses in 12 months over him).

All the others have to be judged as successes.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-liverpool/alletransfers/verein/31

Yeah 

It's a real shame he only has one league trophy to show for his genius, like Claudio who did it for less. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yeah 

It's a real shame he only has one league trophy to show for his genius, like Claudio who did it for less. 

Exactly.  He is a genius manager who has achieved fantastic results for his club.  The best we can do is smile that he has not won the Prem or CL more than we have in the same time.

18 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Exactly.  He is a genius manager who has achieved fantastic results for his club.  The best we can do is smile that he has not won the Prem or CL more than we have in the same time.

I'd have him here in less than a heartbeat 

A nano-heartbeat? 

Ah well, succumbed to eternal optimism and bought a ticket for the Haribo Cup final. Waste of money, I know, but if we won I'd probably die laughing. The only tickets left were up in the Gods, so an oxygen mask is a must - the last time I sat up there, I was soundly berated for singing ... I must be nuts.

Let's face it, the scousers won't be singing ... they rarely do, unless they're whining (see what I did there?).

Wonder how long it takes to teach middle-class, middle-aged, ipad/flag-waving orientals and Yankees the words to "Celery" and "F*** off to your Liverpool slums"? And can it be done before the stewards move in?

• Haha 1

God save the king throughout will drive them insane. Do it. 

You can guarantee that because they're in that London they'll be ever so political with their very clever "F*ck the Tories" ditty. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Ham said:

God save the king throughout will drive them insane. Do it. 

My guess is, that despite the recent news as regards the King they’ll continue to disgrace themselves by booing during the National Anthem as is usual for them and the media will undertake their usual excuse making for this or just ignore they’ve done so.

4 minutes ago, east lower said:

My guess is, that despite the recent news as regards the King they’ll continue to disgrace themselves by booing during the National Anthem as is usual for them and the media will undertake their usual excuse making for this or just ignore they’ve done so.

Who can ever forget "Lizzie's in a box" at Anfield straight after QE2's death?

On 10/02/2024 at 15:54, Sciatika said:

Come on you Clarets (wash my mouth out with soap and water)

They played quite well from what i saw, with a touch more composure may have grabbed a draw, of course the the turning point being a lengthy VAR check that ruled kicking a Burnley player after the ball went was no foul and that Elliot could not possible be offside despite looking so....

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as Liverpool are the only football club to never spend money on players  it's fitting that now with four of their meagre squad  facing a late fitness test for the final that the FA have decided to light the arch at Wembley in solidarity. 

FB_IMG_1708455043907.jpg

• Haha 1