Khobar's Legacy

My Blood Is Blue

Never mind what else is going on in the wonderful world of sport across the globe, I hear there’s some years old multi-sport activity thingy going on in France - Sky can still find a way to headline with a story about what is now an ex-Scum manager:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/32461/13188355/jurgen-klopp-future-will-former-liverpool-boss-return-to-coaching-as-of-today-thats-it-for-me

Flabbergasting!!

3 minutes ago, east lower said:

Never mind what else is going on in the wonderful world of sport across the globe, I hear there’s some years old multi-sport activity thingy going on in France - Sky can still find a way to headline with a story about what is now an ex-Scum manager:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/32461/13188355/jurgen-klopp-future-will-former-liverpool-boss-return-to-coaching-as-of-today-thats-it-for-me

Flabbergasting!!

More inevitable I think.... The media are heartbroken their Favourite German has gone but will not cut the cord!

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, east lower said:

Flabbergasting!!

Why don't they just jump into the River Mersey?

54 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Why don't they just jump into the River Mersey?

Pollution - You must have seen just how much trouble the water companies have with sewage (sh1t) in the rivers.

Biblical pollution levels, if they were to do that.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, asvaberg said:

CHO doing a great job for Forest at Anfield 😁😁😁👏👏👏

Just a warning to everyone.................emojis must be limited to three at the most, any more and they will automatically be deleted.

18 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Just a warning to everyone.................emojis must be limited to three at the most, any more and they will automatically be deleted.

Ok. (Just out of pure curiosity: why? Is there some kind of fee the site has to pay to whoevercreatedthemoij?)

Edited by asvaberg

2 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Ok. (Just out of pure curiosity: why? Is there some kind of fee the site has to pay to whoevercreatedthemoij?)

Ha ha no!!!  But they were getting out of hand so we decided there had to be a limit set down.  And I don't think that any more than three adds anything to what's being said.

• Thanks 1

Sorry Mods,,,, creating a false ceiling,,,,I don't have to do the hard stuff so will support you all  and go along with the "ban",,because that is what it is...please ..it's a slippery slope.

Far worse stuff needs self policing by members... just ask?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Emojis are fine, we’ve just decided that we want to try and limit them to prevent posts that have a long list of emojis at the end that don’t add anything to the post as such.

I like an emoji, but they quickly get overused and that’s what we’re trying to avoid.

As with everything we do as mods, we’ll use common sense and won’t be overly strict, but we felt that if we don’t set a limit then nobody has anything to base it on.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@My Blood Is Blue.... why not just ask members to limit the emoji's ?

I try to make a point of not using emoji's on serious posts..just the light hearted one's.

As I said I don't have to do the awkward stuff so respect the decision even though I disagree with imposed limits.

The bigger issue for me was unexplained and unnecessary heavy handed editing of things not liked by a mod. Hope that changes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chara said:

@My Blood Is Blue.... why not just ask members to limit the emoji's ?

I try to make a point of not using emoji's on serious posts..just the light hearted one's.

As I said I don't have to do the awkward stuff so respect the decision even though I disagree with imposed limits.

The bigger issue for me was unexplained and unnecessary heavy handed editing of things not liked by a mod. Hope that changes.

Yeah, we won’t be doing that anymore unless we really have to. Just trying to find the right balance for it all (which I know you appreciate and understand).

• Love 2

It is particularly frustrating that when the Red Scum lose at home and the stadium goes deathly quiet, which it does quite a lot contrary to what the media will tell you - that I can’t use a whole line of laughing faces - so just the one will have to do, but it’s posted with feelings 🤣

Said in good spirit, mods.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, east lower said:

It is particularly frustrating that when the Red Scum lose at home and the stadium goes deathly quiet, which it does quite a lot contrary to what the media will tell you - that I can’t use a whole line of laughing faces - so just the one will have to do, but it’s posted with feelings 🤣

Said in good spirit, mods.

One can always: "😁 x 8765789"

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1